Is this a bannable offense ?

Me and my friend always level together.
    Before the maintenance we were leveling in Pandaria and logged out in our quest spot.

After the restart, during our questing in that spot we started to obtain a slightly unusual amount of greens and motes of harmony (I dont have use for those things anyways being full gatherer..lol) in that area.
    Anyways we decided to stick in that spot and do more grinding as to confirm whether it was a sheer luck or what not.

These are our findings

Me (a tank warrior) and my friend (disco priest)
    Time Spent : Non-Stop 2 hr grinding
    Mobs killed : No idea as we kinda AOE'd the whole area and they kept spawning like rabbits
    Gold looted : ~1625g (including greys and greens..greens we just vendored as none of us are enchanters)
    Motes : 96 motes of harmony
    Windwool cloth : ~11 stacks

If this drop loot/rate is quite common then I dont believe me and my friend have any issues..lol
    Cos we are strapped for gold and even if this loot is normal it would be a godsend for us
    OTOH, if this drop loot is unusual will we get ban, say if we decide to stop leveling and stick in that spot for long time ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Farming is not a bannable action, but it's possible someone at Blizzard will see the unusual drop rate of cloth/motes and nerf it from those mobs like they did the mantid in Townlong Steppes (but not before I farmed enough to make 16 Spirit and craft my hands/chest)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's only bannable if you know 100% sure it's unintended but continue to do it.

I (and probably most people) believe that what you're talking about isn't an unintended bug that you're exploiting.

Deleted
    emm dont think you got much to fear for a ban 1600 gold over 2 hours arent that good not like you found the new way to break the econamy. 2 hours of farming herbs i probly be able to earn 5 times that gold by making them into pots.

tell me where is that place please!

yeh 1625g in 2 hours is just nothing in the grand scheme.

literally 5 million gold is added into the econmoy every hour by hackers taking accounts and getting mulitples of gear/gold on those accounts then using them to bot forever etc etc.

Deleted
    You will have all the loot removed, stripped of your titles and any gear you have equipped will be taken from you.

Jokes aside what you are doing is just fine, players have been doing this since forever and finding good farming spots is part of the game for many players. As said before if blizzard thinks the drops are too good, they will lower the amount that drops in the future, but it will never cause a player to get banned.

thats kinda low ? go farm mantids in dread wastes .. theres 5 packs that respawn every 2 minutes, my best per hour on them is 60 motes, about 50 stacks of windwool, and an unknown amount of gold, grey/greens/rares

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    thats kinda low ? go farm mantids in dread wastes .. theres 5 packs that respawn every 2 minutes, my best per hour on them is 60 motes, about 50 stacks of windwool, and an unknown amount of gold, grey/greens/rares
    I am just lvl 87..i dont believe i can go to steppes at this lvl though

Deleted
    Zhu's Despair ?

Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post
    Zhu's Despair ?
    Sounds like it. I do the same thing on my DK.