Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Bloodsail Admiral Kaj392's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brabant
    Posts
    1,092
    The problem lies with the spells and items.
    The scaling with mana on his spells makes him easily stronger then any mage. You can build him way tankier then any normal mage while doing incredible high damage because of the easy to gain mana.

    They have yet to balance all items, didn't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

  2. #22
    Dreadlord Kenai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    The problem lies with the spells and items.
    The scaling with mana on his spells makes him easily stronger then any mage. You can build him way tankier then any normal mage while doing incredible high damage because of the easy to gain mana.

    They have yet to balance all items, didn't they?
    I think the main problem is item balancing concerning Ryze, yea. He is one of the few mages to really be able take advantage of a tanky build. It's far more common with bruisers right now to see these builds where defenses can be stacked without hampering damage much. I hope they work on it soon, it's kinda silly to see.
    Light or darkness...which do you prefer to be blinded by?

  3. #23
    Yeah, he's also on of the cheapest champions, which makes him somehow common, at least when you're just starting an account.

  4. #24
    The Patient KelaniScar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    240
    He's super strong, yes. But his laning phase is still shaky. Take him out during that and you'll save yourself some pain in team fights. Don't forget about him though, free farm Ryze is as dangerous as Kha'zix.

  5. #25
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by KelaniScar View Post
    He's super strong, yes. But his laning phase is still shaky. Take him out during that and you'll save yourself some pain in team fights. Don't forget about him though, free farm Ryze is as dangerous as Kha'zix.
    His laning phase is strong as shit???????????

    He has some sick as fuck early damage.

    You gotta call for your jungler to take him out because of no escapes except his cage, but most Ryze's will initiate with that so have the midlane engage in a fight and then come in from the jungle. That's his biggest weakness and should be exploited.

  6. #26
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    His laning phase is strong as shit???????????

    He has some sick as fuck early damage.

    You gotta call for your jungler to take him out because of no escapes except his cage, but most Ryze's will initiate with that so have the midlane engage in a fight and then come in from the jungle. That's his biggest weakness and should be exploited.
    Before he can stack up tear a bit or grab a catalyst it's not that strong. Especially since he has a hard time shoving the lane once you have him under turret.

  7. #27
    People really think Ryze is OP? Good lord.

  8. #28
    Dreadlord kushlol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    927
    People should be a lil specific in whether they are talking ranked and at what elo or if they are playing arams or dominion. Ryze is very far from being overpowered sorry.

    Made by dubbelbasse

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    People should be a lil specific in whether they are talking ranked and at what elo or if they are playing arams or dominion. Ryze is very far from being overpowered sorry.
    His lategame damage with muramana IS overpowered. Quite sure he has teh highest DPS ingame by far while being incredibly tanky. Obviously most people are talking about SR because on the other maps he can't stack his tear efficiently

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    His lategame damage with muramana IS overpowered. Quite sure he has teh highest DPS ingame by far while being incredibly tanky. Obviously most people are talking about SR because on the other maps he can't stack his tear efficiently
    Anything late game with full build + Muramana is strong (Inb4 ADC)

    Jayce, Nidalee, Khazix. It's not Ryze specific.

  11. #31
    True it's more of a muramana problem but he scales even better with it than most other champions, making him even stronger.

  12. #32
    if you have a good set-up against im or its a noobie, then no but if they get set-up or if you suck, then your dead..

  13. #33
    What champs actually COUNTER Ryze (implied both champs are played at same skill level etc.)?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Marksman12 View Post
    What champs actually COUNTER Ryze (implied both champs are played at same skill level etc.)?
    read the thread

  15. #35
    Mechagnome FoShizzleMyGrizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Alterac Valley
    Posts
    583
    1. Counterpick him, like Cassiopeia or casters with longer range than his spells with somewhat of sustain.
    2. I beat ryze as Kyle 1v1 without problems (mid)
    3. get your jungler to babysit mid.
    4. ????
    5. Profit

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 12:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    The problem lies with the spells and items.
    The scaling with mana on his spells makes him easily stronger then any mage. You can build him way tankier then any normal mage while doing incredible high damage because of the easy to gain mana.

    They have yet to balance all items, didn't they?
    The mana scaling shit got nerfed.

  16. #36
    I agree with Ryze being weak in laning until he gets some items. He is quite mana heavy, slow, and has a short range for an AP. And on low level his cooldowns are still quite significant, if a Cass could hit Q she will win the trade hard with spamming E. But once he gets some levels, he'll be extremely hard to gank or kill.

    But no where near OP.

  17. #37
    In s3 yes he is incredibly overpowered, considering he has 0 skill shot based skills makes it even more sad.
    I got a 24-1-13 on a 1800elo game yesterday with ryze, his laning phase is very safe is you play it properly
    & are fed blues as you should be. come level 11ish with tele & homeguard you become a ganking beast.
    Last edited by Himora; 2013-01-28 at 12:49 PM.

  18. #38
    How the hell do you 1v1 anyone with Ryze? His combo is QWEQ. I don't see how that's possible. Every game I play with Ryze i go Q> Enemy walks out of range of W. That fight ends.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

    When arguing online I like to use big words. Because by the time they're done googling it, they have forgotten what their point was.

  19. #39
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,156
    Smart casting. You can combo Q+W pretty much instantly.

    Additionally, Q - W - Q - E - Q

  20. #40
    Bloodsail Admiral Dutchmagoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,226
    If he's ahead even slightly in his lane, the lane is completely over unless the opposing jungler camps you, and even then, after level 6, chances are ryze can get a double kill. Great movement speed due to his masteries+m.speed quints (so able to roam effectively, esp with tp), AMAZAING sustained damage in teamfights, able to duel practically ANYONE. (bruisers, tanks, carries, it doesn't matter, he can duel them)

    Overpowered, idk, but definately very strong. Also easily countered though. Cassiopia, ziggs, kayle, etc, all counter him. He's a good counter pick against most bruisers mid though, since they will get qweq combo'd every time they'll try to CS.
    Got questions about mages or want your logs analyzed? Feel free to PM me, or better yet, post on altered-time.com forums.

    Altered Time - The #1 mage community.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •