Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The problem lies with the spells and items.
    The scaling with mana on his spells makes him easily stronger then any mage. You can build him way tankier then any normal mage while doing incredible high damage because of the easy to gain mana.

They have yet to balance all items, didn't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    The scaling with mana on his spells makes him easily stronger then any mage. You can build him way tankier then any normal mage while doing incredible high damage because of the easy to gain mana.

I think the main problem is item balancing concerning Ryze, yea. He is one of the few mages to really be able take advantage of a tanky build. It's far more common with bruisers right now to see these builds where defenses can be stacked without hampering damage much. I hope they work on it soon, it's kinda silly to see.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

Yeah, he's also on of the cheapest champions, which makes him somehow common, at least when you're just starting an account.

He's super strong, yes. But his laning phase is still shaky. Take him out during that and you'll save yourself some pain in team fights. Don't forget about him though, free farm Ryze is as dangerous as Kha'zix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KelaniScar View Post
    He's super strong, yes. But his laning phase is still shaky. Take him out during that and you'll save yourself some pain in team fights. Don't forget about him though, free farm Ryze is as dangerous as Kha'zix.
    His laning phase is strong as shit???????????

He has some sick as fuck early damage.

You gotta call for your jungler to take him out because of no escapes except his cage, but most Ryze's will initiate with that so have the midlane engage in a fight and then come in from the jungle. That's his biggest weakness and should be exploited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    His laning phase is strong as shit???????????

He has some sick as fuck early damage.

You gotta call for your jungler to take him out because of no escapes except his cage, but most Ryze's will initiate with that so have the midlane engage in a fight and then come in from the jungle. That's his biggest weakness and should be exploited.
    Before he can stack up tear a bit or grab a catalyst it's not that strong. Especially since he has a hard time shoving the lane once you have him under turret.

Deleted
    People really think Ryze is OP? Good lord.

10+ Year Old Account
    People should be a lil specific in whether they are talking ranked and at what elo or if they are playing arams or dominion. Ryze is very far from being overpowered sorry.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    People should be a lil specific in whether they are talking ranked and at what elo or if they are playing arams or dominion. Ryze is very far from being overpowered sorry.
    His lategame damage with muramana IS overpowered. Quite sure he has teh highest DPS ingame by far while being incredibly tanky. Obviously most people are talking about SR because on the other maps he can't stack his tear efficiently

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    His lategame damage with muramana IS overpowered. Quite sure he has teh highest DPS ingame by far while being incredibly tanky. Obviously most people are talking about SR because on the other maps he can't stack his tear efficiently
    Anything late game with full build + Muramana is strong (Inb4 ADC)

Jayce, Nidalee, Khazix. It's not Ryze specific.

True it's more of a muramana problem but he scales even better with it than most other champions, making him even stronger.

if you have a good set-up against im or its a noobie, then no but if they get set-up or if you suck, then your dead..

What champs actually COUNTER Ryze (implied both champs are played at same skill level etc.)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marksman12 View Post
    What champs actually COUNTER Ryze (implied both champs are played at same skill level etc.)?
    read the thread

1. Counterpick him, like Cassiopeia or casters with longer range than his spells with somewhat of sustain.
    2. I beat ryze as Kyle 1v1 without problems (mid)
    3. get your jungler to babysit mid.
    4. ????
    5. Profit

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post

The mana scaling shit got nerfed.

Deleted
    I agree with Ryze being weak in laning until he gets some items. He is quite mana heavy, slow, and has a short range for an AP. And on low level his cooldowns are still quite significant, if a Cass could hit Q she will win the trade hard with spamming E. But once he gets some levels, he'll be extremely hard to gank or kill.

But no where near OP.

In s3 yes he is incredibly overpowered, considering he has 0 skill shot based skills makes it even more sad.
    I got a 24-1-13 on a 1800elo game yesterday with ryze, his laning phase is very safe is you play it properly
    & are fed blues as you should be. come level 11ish with tele & homeguard you become a ganking beast.
    Last edited by Himora; 2013-01-28 at 12:49 PM.

How the hell do you 1v1 anyone with Ryze? His combo is QWEQ. I don't see how that's possible. Every game I play with Ryze i go Q> Enemy walks out of range of W. That fight ends.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smart casting. You can combo Q+W pretty much instantly.

Additionally, Q - W - Q - E - Q

Deleted
    If he's ahead even slightly in his lane, the lane is completely over unless the opposing jungler camps you, and even then, after level 6, chances are ryze can get a double kill. Great movement speed due to his masteries+m.speed quints (so able to roam effectively, esp with tp), AMAZAING sustained damage in teamfights, able to duel practically ANYONE. (bruisers, tanks, carries, it doesn't matter, he can duel them)

Overpowered, idk, but definately very strong. Also easily countered though. Cassiopia, ziggs, kayle, etc, all counter him. He's a good counter pick against most bruisers mid though, since they will get qweq combo'd every time they'll try to CS.