Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I havent killed Tsulong and Sha in HC yet, but the most irritating ones are:
    Protectors HC
    Will HC
    Ta'yak HC

Ta'yak is a god damn normal mode with every ability hurts like hell, and Will is an oversized Spine-Trashfest. Protectors are retarded not only because if you sneeze in the wrong moment and you fail interrupt you can wipe, but also if Regail (if still alive) is not interrupted while corrupting waters it can asicly annihilated the poor tank with its machine gun lightning spamming.

Deleted
    Heroic Ambershaper. Despite being 15/16hc it's still frequently skipped (and, consequently, Shekzeer heroic) by my guild due to people's utter incapability to deal with the construct properly, even after 2/3 months of doing the fight. I personally don't understand how people find it so difficult, but apparently it is, and watching the same mistakes week after week on it has to be the most soul destroying way to spend one's evening.
    However this tier overall is full of plain DULL fights. Ones that come to mind are Will, Lei Shi, Tsulong. All bore me to tears. This content really does have a lack of stimulating, interesting fights. Vizier is at least amusing, and Spirit Kings was fun until the 70th wipe due to someone triggering Darkness (and this was pre-nerf where you only actually continued with 1/4 pulls, har har LET'S RESET.)
    Last edited by mmoc2b239a8275; 2013-01-27 at 02:12 PM.

Deleted
    Lei Shi is the worst for me, but it'd be quite fun if she didn't have her "Hide" mechanic i'd imagine.

Oh, and Spirit Kings when the order wasn't fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledkid View Post
    He means 12 epic loot drops.
    What tokens though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    I wonder if people who say Sha HC actually killed it themselves?!
    I've killed it 4x as you can see in my armory.
    Shit fight, shit design. 0/10
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

How has no one said Garalon yet? Whatever. Out of the fights I've done, he's my vote. (5/6H MSV 3/6H HoF)

Garalon sucks because of RNG with when he decides to do a 180 and cleave. Really dumb bullshit programming that feels like it's as broken as Rhyolith.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunta View Post
    Just some background. My guild is 11/16 heroic 10 man. So I have not personally seen every single fight but I've seen enough kill videos and streams to make my judgement. I don't mind going to farm nights and getting alts some gear as I enjoy most of the fights, however I really really hate spirit kings. It's been on farm for a couple months now and Iguess I just hate every mechanic. I just find it boring. Move out of this. Stack for that. Stop dps. Dispel shields.

What is the worst heroic fight of this tier?? Purely based on opinion...
    Will of the Adds.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sha heroic was amazing apart from the fact that there was zero healing requirements for 95% of the fight, and very high dps requirements aka making Disc Priests ridiculous and other healers worthless here. Loved the mechanics in last phase.

Other than that, most of the fights were ok if they just balanced healers in 10 man just a little bit (Hinting towards Disc being handed all the fun and usefull tools, and Shaman being brought only to give Priests 70k Rapture procs, otherwise useless on almost all of the fights. (Talking 10 man here)

To answer your question, it must have been fights like Feng hc, where there isn't really anything to do a all if you heal with a Disc Priest as a Resto Druid. Good fight, but Disc gets all the responsibility (like on 90% of the fights this tier, but the other fights atleast have other mechanics making you not fall asleep)
    Last edited by Celar; 2013-01-29 at 09:02 AM.
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

Tsulong or Sha.
    For two very specific reasons -
    Tsulong having Night adds spawn right on top of a sunbeam, leading to a wipe (we spent 17 wipes there this week for our third kill. Maybe a third of those were due to people dying to silly stuff like Nightmares and not getting dispelled etc, the remaining two third were fucking adds and sunbeams).
    Sha's dread thrash in P2. When your BiS geared warrior tank gets gibbed through 4-5 cooldowns, you just know the ability fucking sucks. You're so reliant on a lucky dodge that it's silly. You have to mitigate more than 2M damage, which means a 75% reduction total just to survive without a dodge/parry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Sha's dread thrash in P2. When your BiS geared warrior tank gets gibbed through 4-5 cooldowns, you just know the ability fucking sucks. You're so reliant on a lucky dodge that it's silly. You have to mitigate more than 2M damage, which means a 75% reduction total just to survive without a dodge/parry.
    I agree with this. Our tanks just get DECIMATED by this, even through cooldowns. Our brewmaster especially.

Also, naked and afraid is probably the stupidest thing ever, especially when the timer screws up.
    Last edited by Revvo; 2013-01-29 at 09:35 AM.

Deleted
    All 3 endbosses are the actually the worst of the tier. Usually the endbosses are supposed to be better but T14 continues the Madness of Deathwing trend of just being boring. None of them have any interesting mechanics at all. They're just like any old mid-instance boss but with three times as much health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tsulong or Sha.
    I'm sorry this is kind of offtopic, but if your warrior is dying to dread thrash then he is doing something amazingly wrong.
    I'm not BiS, but shield block + shield barrier + demo shout is enough to tank all 6 attacks without dodging any of them. I only pop swall/ask for externals if i'm nowhere near topped before a dread thrash.

Each hit is ~275k on a warrior tank. 275k - 20% for demo shout is 220k a hit. 220kx6 = 1.32m before shield block.
    Shield block is another flat 30% reduction (Without critical blocking which I have over a 50% chance to do) which takes it down to ~924k before barrier.
    A full 60 rage shield barrier without 4pc is ~300k absorb on H Sha with vengeance.
    So that's 624k with a WORST case scenario without even popping a major cd. (No dodge/parry/crit block).

Again, sorry for offtopic, but that just bugged me.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    I'm sorry this is kind of offtopic, but if your warrior is dying to dread thrash then he is doing something amazingly wrong.
    I'm not BiS, but shield block + shield barrier + demo shout is enough to tank all 6 attacks without dodging any of them. I only pop swall/ask for externals if i'm nowhere near topped before a dread thrash.

Each hit is ~275k on a warrior tank. 275k - 20% for demo shout is 220k a hit. 220kx6 = 1.32m before shield block.
    Shield block is another flat 30% reduction (Without critical blocking which I have over a 50% chance to do) which takes it down to ~924k before barrier.
    A full 60 rage shield barrier without 4pc is ~300k absorb on H Sha with vengeance.
    So that's 624k with a WORST case scenario without even popping a major cd. (No dodge/parry/crit block).

Again, sorry for offtopic, but that just bugged me.
    Doesn't help alot if he re-emerges and instantly trashes you in the face before you can get things rolling.
    I'm not saying it happens often, but it does happen, and I'm 99% sure that I've seen death logs of upwards of 325K hits from sha on him.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=485&e=1605 look at the death log of Eddy here - 200K, 183K, and then a 432K hit (2x critical blocks and last one not? Seems to be 300K/275K/185K blocked damage if I read it right).
    I mean, thats quite far from your "hits for ~275k"-statement. A bit earlier in the log, sha hits him for 325K, too.
    If it's capable of hitting for upwards of 400K, it'll be capable of doing that for dread trash too.

Regardless of that, what about a guild that doesn't have a prot warrior decked out in heroic gear? A DK ceartainly will get blown to pieces, there's not much they can do. Same goes for a bear, and especially a brewmaster. Paladins might be able to chain enough cds, but I don't know enough about them to be sure.
    It's madness all over again really - one class can pretty reliably survive due to class mechanics (this time it's warriors instead of DK's) and if you don't have one, you're screwed. It's just bad design, really. They could have made trash a mechanic like WOTE, where you'd be given a few seconds warning to GTFO of the way to survive, have sha hit in a random pattern or something and make sure that there'd be severe punishment for just running away.

Doesn't help alot if he re-emerges and instantly trashes you in the face before you can get things rolling.
    I'm not saying it happens often, but it does happen, and I'm 99% sure that I've seen death logs of upwards of 325K hits from sha on him.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=485&e=1605 look at the death log of Eddy here - 200K, 183K, and then a 432K hit (2x critical blocks and last one not? Seems to be 300K/275K/185K blocked damage if I read it right).
    I mean, thats quite far from your "hits for ~275k"-statement. A bit earlier in the log, sha hits him for 325K, too.
    If it's capable of hitting for upwards of 400K, it'll be capable of doing that for dread trash too.

Regardless of that, what about a guild that doesn't have a prot warrior decked out in heroic gear? A DK ceartainly will get blown to pieces, there's not much they can do. Same goes for a bear, and especially a brewmaster. Paladins might be able to chain enough cds, but I don't know enough about them to be sure.
    It's madness all over again really - one class can pretty reliably survive due to class mechanics (this time it's warriors instead of DK's) and if you don't have one, you're screwed. It's just bad design, really. They could have made trash a mechanic like WOTE, where you'd be given a few seconds warning to GTFO of the way to survive, have sha hit in a random pattern or something and make sure that there'd be severe punishment for just running away.
    From my understanding Paladins go SOTR 1 sec before it and then laugh at the boss as he hits like a 8yo girl through 40+% phy reduction before cd's. But on topic Ambershaper worst fight this tier. Lei shi isn't bad if your raid has a brain to CC and I actually enjoyed the making people keep up stacks. Was much more exciting fight than normal.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2013-01-29 at 10:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Situations where he comes up thrashing there are two ideal circumstances and one that isn't so ideal.
    1) Paying attention to his swing timer + his energy generation rate/timer on submerge. I've killed it 4x so I generally always know whether or not he'll hit the thrash before he submerges, or vice versa. No issue there, personals are ready.
    2) Derping and mistiming, popping a cd and wasting it. I call for a cocoon + sac + use any remaining cds.
    3) Not noticing the buff and failing miserably despite the fact my WA for thrash is a picture the size of 1/4 my screen.

Sha of Fear hits Éddy 432016 (B: 185150)
    There is no physical way that sha can hit that hard on a tank. Either that's a bug or he applied NaF during his thrash (Happened only once to us during prog).
    I've never been hit for higher than 300k, unless Weakened Blows has fallen off the boss (generally when he's running at you just as you hit p2) or unless I had naked and afraid. When we first killed it I was.. 505. I just cycled Swall/LS into the dthrash soaks.
    Dk's do get blown to pieces. Our DK usually has to soak 1 dthrash during p2 and it just rips him to shreds. He just uses purgatory.
    Druids are the most OP tanks for it, ridiculous dodge chance with SD + their mastery buffs armor.
    Monks.. can't comment.
    Paladins are the strongest behind druids. SHoTR every dthrash + can AD for an oshit button that provides immortality for 1 dthrash (even during NaF).
    (Our first kill was Warrior/pally/pally and every subsequent kill warrior/pally/dk)

I'll just stop replying now.. I have a knack for taking things offtopic.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 11:04 AM ----------

[20:56:15.403] Sha of Fear hits Éddy 432016 (B: 185150)
    <bla bla bla buffs etc etc etc>
    [20:56:15.870] Sha of Fear's Naked and Afraid fades from Éddy

He had NaF during that death log.

Woops, I did it again.
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2013-01-29 at 11:13 AM.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    [20:56:10.244] Éddy afflicted by Naked and Afraid from Sha of Fear
    [20:56:15.403] Sha of Fear hits Éddy 432016 (B: 185150)

if those are the hits you're refering to, then he died because of naked and afraid.

nvm, raxxed replied :P

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Situations where he comes up thrashing there are two ideal circumstances and one that isn't so ideal.
    1) Paying attention to his swing timer + his energy generation rate/timer on submerge. I've killed it 4x so I generally always know whether or not he'll hit the thrash before he submerges, or vice versa. No issue there, personals are ready.
    2) Derping and mistiming, popping a cd and wasting it. I call for a cocoon + sac + use any remaining cds.
    3) Not noticing the buff and failing miserably despite the fact my WA for thrash is a pinkie pie the size of 1/4 my screen.

Sha of Fear hits Éddy 432016 (B: 185150)
    There is no physical way that sha can hit that hard on a tank. Either that's a bug or he applied NaF during his thrash (Happened only once to us during prog).
    I've never been hit for higher than 300k, unless Weakened Blows has fallen off the boss (generally when he's running at you just as you hit p2) or unless I had naked and afraid. When we first killed it I was.. 505. I just cycled Swall/LS into the dthrash soaks.
    Dk's do get blown to pieces. Our DK usually has to soak 1 dthrash during p2 and it just rips him to shreds. He just uses purgatory.
    Druids are the most OP tanks for it, ridiculous dodge chance with SD + their mastery buffs armor.
    Monks.. can't comment.
    Paladins are the strongest behind druids. SHoTR every dthrash + can AD for an oshit button that provides immortality for 1 dthrash (even during NaF).
    (Our first kill was Warrior/pally/pally and every subsequent kill warrior/pally/dk)

I'll just stop replying now.. I have a knack for taking things offtopic.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 11:04 AM ----------

He had NaF during that death log.

Woops, I did it again.
    Ah, yea, SOTR. Forgot about that, knew they had some mechanic that'd make it easy. And looking at the log, makes sense. Fatalus died earlier (one of the other tanks), usually Eddy's not even supposed to HAVE naked and afraid, if he does thats a fuckup. But if Fata was next in line to take it, then it makes sense how he got it. Your numbers also doesn't take spine damage into account, which should be hitting for a fair bit when you get to wave 12 and upwards, probably soaking up the barrier.
    Regardless, though, it's still a very fucking stupid mechanic. Druids are reliant on dodging shit, which is, when all comes to all, unreliable. They have a huge dodge bonus, granted, but they are still more likely to get smashed with RNG than someone who can reliably reduce it with cooldowns (if something can go wrong, it will go wrong). I guess we just have to disagree on it, anyway - I know for a fact that our warrior tank's one of the better out there, and if he says he can get RNG-gibbed and he does, then I'm going to go with what he says. I haven't tanked this encounter, so I don't really know. And as long as a mechanic so hugely favors a specific kind of tank (Paladin, Warrior, to an extent druid), then it's still a stupid encounter design, much like spine. "You use a DK and brewmaster maintanks? Oh well, go fuck yourself and gear up a pally, better luck next time".
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2013-01-29 at 11:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate Garalon with a passion.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    For me it's Ambershaper hc, but only because our ppl are incapable of handling the abo buttons. We have like ~100 wipes on him so far and are nowhere near a kill yet. I'm amazed our raid leader hasn't enraged yet, cause ppl are making the same mistakes over and over ... and over...

One guy in our raid made fun of it once by playing "Push the button" from sugarbabes in TS, but now it's not even funny anymore.
    Last edited by mmoca1bc9cb6f0; 2013-01-29 at 11:26 AM.

Deleted
    I was intensely bored of the first phase of Sha a good few tries before we killed it.

Aside from that I despise Lei Shi. The randomness is just frustrating. At least having to stack the debuff makes it more interesting - it must be pretty boring for other dps.