Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ele complete shutdown during silence intended?

I mean you cant do anything offensivly or defensivly. Only class I have that cant do squat during a silence. I just walk around til the silence ends like wtf.

Welcome to elemental my friend .
    do what you feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can thank resto shamans for that

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    yeh like its any better as resto o_O

thank all the whiners!!

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    I mean you cant do anything offensivly or defensivly. Only class I have that cant do squat during a silence. I just walk around til the silence ends like wtf.
    well with 5.2 you can use shamanistic rage at least

I dont know if its optimal but you can always take the anscestral shift talent. Can be used whilst silenced and 40% damage reduction isnt bad

Quote Originally Posted by yoshioo View Post

thank all the whiners!!

Shamanistic rage cannot be used while you are silenced

Most blanket silences will be going away in 5.2, the only 2 I can think of that werent mentioned in the patch notes is the rogue one (think its called rupture ?) And the hunter silencing shot (nerfed to 24 sec CD) so it will be a bit better

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    Most blanket silences will be going away in 5.2, the only 2 I can think of that werent mentioned in the patch notes is the rogue one (think its called rupture ?) And the hunter silencing shot (nerfed to 24 sec CD) so it will be a bit better
    Garrote is the silence and its from stealth it doesn't have a cd thou just requires you to be in stealth.

what is so special about eles here?
    Doesnt this apply to kinda ALL casters?

Silence Shot; Strangulate; Sp Silence, Garrote, Monk Interrupt and Solarbeam will remain as silence.

But Strangulate will have a 1min CD and there's RoP...they remove Silence on the one side and bring new into the game on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    what is so special about eles here?
    Doesnt this apply to kinda ALL casters?
    Some Classes can still use big defense CD's while silenced, Shaman can use Astral shift while silenced currently, that's a slight difference.

Shaman could however drop totems while silenced, for Elemental this was very important to peel rogues that use garrote or to ground an important cast of a Lock / Mage, Grounding and Earthgrab are still crucial to Elemental for defense, now that you can't use them while silenced, this cripples your defense against enemies that can silence.
    The justification of "totems do now something special" doesn't apply to these 2 since Grounding wasn't changed at all and the Earthbind got a greater slow frequency with a nerfed duration and CD.

This nerf was mainly targeted at Resto because of Healing tide and Spirit Link, to implement that nerf in the same degree for Elemental as well was absolutely injustified.

There would have been solutions that wouldn't affect Elemental that much, being unable to use Spec. / Heal Totems while silenced would be a solution, but the across the board nerf is simply bogus because the "PvP Totems" of Elemental were not totally different compared to Wotlk / Cata that they justify such a crippling nerf to an already weak aspect of a Spec.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-01-25 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshioo View Post

thank all the whiners!!

No crap its not better as resto, hes saying it was brought on by resto being op which is factual.
    do what you feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same with Mages, Priests, Sac-Warlocks, Holy Paladins, Balance druids... Welcome to being a caster, yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Couldn't they change it so that when in resto, totems are classified as nature and in dps its back to the way it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Same with Mages, Priests, Sac-Warlocks, Holy Paladins, Balance druids... Welcome to being a caster, yes?
    Mage can Ice Block, Paladins can Bubble, Balance druids can go bear , Sac-Warlock.. use your demonic gate and gtfo I suppose.. assuming you had time to cast it, and priests ya pretty much screwed.

They should have left Totems as they were, however they should have changed it so if you were school locked you couldn't plant the totems. IMO Anyways

it's shit because we was used to being silenced then using totems defensively for basically the whole of WoW...until now, where blizz decided ele was doing too amazing at soaking damage in raids.......or duels too much survival......or too much crowd control.

nah sarcasm aside, i just consider elemental unfinished for PvP its one of the worst specs ingame, even a really good one could just re-roll a mage or lock boomkin spriest and get better rating be more helpful to the team etc, it constantly gets left behind everytime an x-pac hits we go from mid field to pure crap.

Warlock
    - We are reverting the removal of Spell Lock.

Mage
    - We are reverting the removal of Improved Counterspell.

Wonderful!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    GC mentioned early in 5.2 that ele and enhancement may get some compensation for the nerf but I doubt it and all I can say is fuck resto for again screwing over the other two specs. It happened in Cata as well. Hex glyph, grounding totem and wind shear come to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the silence... some can be eaten by grounding... it's all a matter of predicting when you think they'll try and silence.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Warlock
    - We are reverting the removal of Spell Lock.

Mage
    - We are reverting the removal of Improved Counterspell.

Wonderful!
    Not to mention the ones that were never gone, like spear strike, or the buff to strangulate (1m CD instead of 2). DK's already pwn me, this is gonna be fun.

Imp CS and spell lock are coming back so ye..
    That's the thing about RNG. It doesn't hate anybody - it just goes about its business, oblivious to the world around it.