Thread: Shadow PVP.

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Shadow PVP.

    Hi Everyone.

    I found myself in the situation last night in Twin Peaks where i was 1v1 with a warrior inside our base, judging from the warrior's HP pool and gear 329k HP / Greens and Blues i was rubbing my hands at the fact of a free kill or so i thought. My gear is not the best yet i expect full dreadful and x3 Mael pieces to give me a slight edge over someone with leveling gear. As i opened up i got my dots off to which i was stunned / silenced and locked down as per usual with a warrior. Then i realized this warrior had cut through me like a knife through butter i was in fact at 38% HP and he was at 70% or so, i then slightly started to panic and managed to get the kill in the end, although reading my combat log this warrior with bad gear had really nuked my socks off and it made me rather annoyed that i was clearly better geared / had 45k more HP or so and it just clearly did not matter now i take into consideration that this warrior was a good player and i hold my hands up i was quite annoyed at my performance last night in general even though i top most damage meters on a regular basis but by god is it me or are shadow priests just useless against warrior classes at this moment in time or is it just me being terrible haha which most of you might say but hey i want to hear your opinions. I find lately that most geared warriors will quite easily after a struggle kill me even after blowing my CD's. Any comments are welcome that are helpful to possibly give me some more support as i am losing my confidence in me playing me priest and i dont want to have to re roll a warrior just to feel amazing o_o.

  2. #2
    Grunt Downz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Posts
    10
    If he sits on you, you will die. Gear makes a difference to an extent. But if you aren't attempting to kite/move/disarm or likewise, there's a high possibility you'll still get trucked.

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire Deschim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    EUNL
    Posts
    352
    Warriors always have been a counter class for pries, but the way it is now... is indeed retarded.

    the only chance of getting some freedom is hoping the warrior is stupid enough to use his berserker rage,
    then fear him so he trinkets and then root him with void tendrils. that wil give you some time to get away/ get some cast off.

    further its waiting and hoping someone is comming to help you.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 08:46 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Downz View Post
    If he sits on you, you will die. Gear makes a difference to an extent. But if you aren't attempting to kite/move/disarm or likewise, there's a high possibility you'll still get trucked.
    Then wat do you advise... to get away from a warrior?
    im rooting them fearing them trying disperse to get away.
    and where should i get the shadow orb from to have a disarm?? evry mb i want to cast im getting stunned, interupted, etc. etc...

    Armory
    *If you want to criticize my english, Atleast post something usefull on the topic to*

  4. #4
    I must admit i think there is far to much CC implemented into PVP now for casters you rarely actually cast or get time to without being bashed with CC, instant casts are the only way forward so affliction warlocks and frost / fire mages have advantage we however get mind spike when it procs... doesn't seem balanced. Good warriors just sit on me until im dead quite clearly if they use their CDs well i am free meat and i am bored of coming up against the warrior class because its just bye bye me, however i don't think i should try everything in my power and be forced to spec defensively with glyphs / spells and stack resilience just to combat this.

  5. #5
    Welcome to MOP.
    As Spriest you'll lose to rogues, warriors, hunters and dks if they've got the same itmlvl and skill, period.
    Not to forget our healing gets nerfed next patch and our burst is a load of crap.

  6. #6
    High Overlord Ramaloce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Friend Safari
    Posts
    192
    Warriors are a fairly hard counter to spriest. They have an answer for everything we got, with our main breather button being scream and they're fear break on similar cool downs they are very hard to take down. Your only chance to out last him. When the fight starts and as much as you can try to run circles around the warrior. No seriously a lot of warriors end up missing their shockwave because of it, heal as much as the warrior will allow, CC as much as you can while watching for zerker rage(obviously). Other then that they're a overall hard counter for us right now.

  7. #7
    Dreadlord veiledy0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banjaluka
    Posts
    763
    Berserker Rage makes killing a warrior impossible. Don't even be mad at yourself.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Berserker Rage makes killing a warrior impossible. Don't even be mad at yourself.
    This. More OP than fear ward and tremor. He can use it on EVERY fear. The only thing you can do here is if you have the tier gloves and fear on ON CD so you at least win 3 seconds, or 6 if you get it a third time.

    Also, please avoid wall of text. For instance take a look at this sentence of yours:

    ", although reading my combat log this warrior with bad gear had really nuked my socks off and it made me rather annoyed that i was clearly better geared / had 45k more HP or so and it just clearly did not matter now i take into consideration that this warrior was a good player and i hold my hands up i was quite annoyed at my performance last night in general even though i top most damage meters on a regular basis but by god is it me or are shadow priests just useless against warrior classes at this moment in time or is it just me being terrible haha which most of you might say but hey i want to hear your opinions"

    There's no period in all of that..... so it's really hard to read.

  9. #9
    Actually let me disagree about Rogues and Hunters. Rogues haven't been easiest in the history of warcraft than now. I also manage to do very well against hunters.

    Warriors are another story though.

  10. #10
    Dreadlord veiledy0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banjaluka
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    Actually let me disagree about Rogues and Hunters. Rogues haven't been easiest in the history of warcraft than now. I also manage to do very well against hunters.

    Warriors are another story though.
    As much as Warrior counters SP, SP counters Hunter, 'cause we're the only ranged class with a disarm.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

  11. #11
    I also struggle embarassingly against the constant interrupting of WW monks untill there's a point they just rising+blackout kick me for like 200k and finish me off with a 70k touch of death.

    I get raped in a more rude way then i got against warriors and it drives me mad, help me guys. I watch out for Karmas and their reflective CDs, still i just can't counter that pretty much one shot moment.

    I do very fine against good mages (oh well, i tend to cannibalize mages lol) hunters DKs...given the warriors, but struggling the way i do against monks and rogues is silly for me. What the f* i do wrong !?!?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    This. More OP than fear ward and tremor. He can use it on EVERY fear. The only thing you can do here is if you have the tier gloves and fear on ON CD so you at least win 3 seconds, or 6 if you get it a third time.

    Also, please avoid wall of text. For instance take a look at this sentence of yours:

    ", although reading my combat log this warrior with bad gear had really nuked my socks off and it made me rather annoyed that i was clearly better geared / had 45k more HP or so and it just clearly did not matter now i take into consideration that this warrior was a good player and i hold my hands up i was quite annoyed at my performance last night in general even though i top most damage meters on a regular basis but by god is it me or are shadow priests just useless against warrior classes at this moment in time or is it just me being terrible haha which most of you might say but hey i want to hear your opinions"

    There's no period in all of that..... so it's really hard to read.
    Sorry i will attempt to write less when posting just to make it easier to read for you.

    I have however been testing different things out to counter damage from melee class especially warriors and i found my meta gem / glyph setup really does help me atm to sustain melee damage and survive.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 07:10 PM ----------

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dooboom/simple - Feel free to take a look.

  13. #13
    Dunno, i can pass on meta + inner fire glyph, even if pretty much every melee has at least an attack that bypasses armor...but i can't see myself playing without dark bining glyph and mass dispel one.

    Oh in the next patch, while flash and binding heals are nerfed to the ground, we actually get the 25% pvp power contribution to renews and mendings; so i bet dark bining glyph will be quite mandatory.

  14. #14
    High Overlord Hadoouken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed !!!
    Posts
    161
    I believe Spriests are the most OP cloth class.

    If you couldnt kill a warrior with blues then you are clearly doing something wrong bro. Either u r blowing ur def cds at once or not using them to ur advantage. a Shadow Priest can kill any dps class. Some maybe be harder than others say a warrior but u can kill it no matter what. How long have u been pvping on ur priest? can u link ur amory maybe? or at least tell us what happened during ur fight with that warr.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Terresa View Post
    I believe Spriests are the most OP cloth class.
    Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of the 200k chaos bolt some warlock just casted. While I couldn't do anything because of that frost mage CC.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Terresa View Post
    I believe Spriests are the most OP cloth class.

    If you couldnt kill a warrior with blues then you are clearly doing something wrong bro. Either u r blowing ur def cds at once or not using them to ur advantage. a Shadow Priest can kill any dps class. Some maybe be harder than others say a warrior but u can kill it no matter what. How long have u been pvping on ur priest? can u link ur amory maybe? or at least tell us what happened during ur fight with that warr.
    He did link his armory and gave a little of what happened. But spriest is far from the most OP cloth. And clearly you have not played against a non-braindead arms warrior in MoP yet.

    And at that, he did kill the warrior in the end. I'm doubting you read anything in the thread.
    Last edited by Regen; 2013-01-28 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Wut

  17. #17
    Stood in the Fire Ralikon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by Terresa View Post
    I believe Spriests are the most OP cloth class.
    definitely not true. especially with the blanket removal reverted for mage and lock along with FH and BH nerf and DP nerf (it is indeed a nerf for pvp). They are not the most op by any means.

    come 5.2 if they dont revert dp, theyll most likely be the lesser of the clothies

    edit: there is this common thinking with people that spriest is this god class, while it may stand that they are a pretty decent wizard.. we're 2nd to last on pve dps charts according to http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/maximum-dps
    Last edited by Ralikon; 2013-01-28 at 11:15 PM.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

  18. #18
    High Overlord riccaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Shadow Moses
    Posts
    117
    Warriors are not a big issue imo, even before they got nerfed me and a mage got 2x warrs in an arena game and they loled all over my magefriend and then ended up being soloed by me when they both had like 100% hp. Warlocks and Hunters can on the other hand be really annoying

  19. #19
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lisbon
    Posts
    171
    warrior is a spriest counter. but if u gonna start a pvp situation u should start with orbs up and shield up. open hard on him and use pet then pop spectral guise that will give u chance to hardcast again, once he reaches u use tendrils. after that try and stay in a range when he cant charge u again. and try to juke him when he does.

  20. #20
    Field Marshal Halland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    edit: there is this common thinking with people that spriest is this god class, while it may stand that they are a pretty decent wizard.. we're 2nd to last on pve dps charts according to http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/maximum-dps
    By that logic arms should be bad as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •