Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    I've never ever ever seen a player with a good attitude and performance be kicked from a dungeon. That being said I'm sure it happens occasionally. That leaves 2 options:
    - You manage to group up with a disproportionate amount of douches, or
    - The problem lies with your performance or attitude

    I can't judge, I wasn't there. What you see is what happens when you interact with people. People caused the kick, not the game. If you think titan is a magic bullet and the community will be free of douches then you are being pretty optimistic.

  2. #22
    Brewmaster MrKnubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,442
    The newest expansion always takes extra time to level through.

    Don't make your judgment based on one group though. The best way to deal with them is to always ignore them and just play. You play for you, not for them.

    Nothing can hold me back!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    Assuming you are telling the whole truth (the mechanics are right at least), the trick to getting rid of a jerk healer is to put the vote on them and insult yourself INCLUDING the word "mage", something like "terribad mage can't CC".

    I'm probably going to catch crap for this post, but it works and gets rid of problem people, espicially when it's 3 matched up with 2 so that no one can kick anything. I'll admit, I get an evil glee out of watching/making a dps kick their guild healer.
    Absolutely diabolical.

    I'm gonna keep this in mind.

    I can't judge, I wasn't there. What you see is what happens when you interact with people. People caused the kick, not the game. If you think titan is a magic bullet and the community will be free of douches then you are being pretty optimistic.
    Also this.

  4. #24
    Warchief Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,116
    lul, you think Titan will fix things.
    Think again...

    Gaming is broken, it can't be fixed.
    Enjoy DLC, keyboard warriors, and everything bad you can think of.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  5. #25
    Well, I have to disagree it happens very often. To me, having in a random group a really stupid cretin that thinks he knows everything has happened maybe 1 in over 100 runs. I think that's acceptable. I can even remember 2 of the most retarded:

    - A paladin tank in Stonecore, megageared through weekly valor like any epic tank wannabe, didn't know that the boss has to be turned away from the group. I've explained to him very nicely, but apparently he and his retarded friends didn't agree, so I got kicked )

    - A retarded shaman I think, in Stonecore as well, this one while leveling. I was with a rogue and I rolled need on a mace. He called me ninja and told me to learn to play, cause "rogues use daggers". Of course, I was combat... Again I tried to explain nicely that combat rogues don't use daggers, but I was talking to a brick. Fortunately, after others in the group tried to put some sense into him, they also got tired of the "ninja, ninja, ninja, ninja" whine and someone voted to kick him...

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    The vote to kick him was not a joke. He was being a tool, and i thought he deserved to be kicked.
    And that obviously backfired. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, who cares.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Barlie830 View Post
    Sharing your sob story with us isn't going to change anything, so if you're unhappy with the game, just stop playing.
    Look man.. no, just no. That's just bad logic. "If you don't like the game, stop playing."
    While that's all well and good, forums exist as a means to express joy or frustration and generally discuss this game. Just because you take issue with one thing doesn't mean you don't enjoy the product as a whole. Saying "if you don't like it, don't play" is really.. really stupid.
    Just calm down.
    My Stream - My Youtube Channel

  8. #28
    Mechagnome Akarui's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    Hopefully Titan is released sooner than later and we can all have an epic gaming experience once again.

    Peace.

    sidenote: i am eager to see what sorts of replies i get to this post, i'm sure some might be a good example of what i'm referring to.
    First, Humans are jerks, unfortunate but no matter what you cannot escape the unavoidable truth that some people will be idiots/asses/arrogant/etc.
    Second, what makes you think Titan will attract 'good' people that aren't just the idiots from WoW that we hate.

    Unfortunate, however the only fix for douchebagery is something like League of Legends has. However I am extremely against that, sometime you can't help but to rage or call out nubs, also it's easy to miss use: For instance I baited someone into swearing and call me a retard etc. with non offensive language and *poof* reported for language. This never has anything done about it unless multiple people submit these however if they did imagine how many people like me would intentionaly piss you off so we can get you temp bans for swearing :P
    “4chan once took on the FBI and won,” a Brony told the New York Observer, “so you might say that My Little Pony is more powerful than the FBI.” Sethisto

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    I started playing WoW.

    Yep. Qued for a random dungeon on my level 87 alt, did a bunch of quests while I waited for the pop.
    Those quests got me like 1 bar of XP? lol.
    Dungeon pops, everything goes ok, no one speaks to anyone else, i'm doing my frost mage thing, topping the dps and killing teh bad stuff..
    During second boss fight the priest healer who apparently is a real tool is telling me to sheep one of the adds which I had already sheeped and now has the enrage on it which means it cannot be cc'd for a certain amount of time, so I ignored him and sheeped it again when it was possible.
    While it can't be sheeped hes crying at me and telling me to sheep it and counterspell it.
    I get a pst from him after the boss is killed that reads "learn to play mage", so it voted to kick him with the message "Healer is a jerk, psting me learn to play".
    I figured the group would either not care or they would actually see I was doing my bit and would vote to kick him.
    It didn't pass. No biggie, kept moving on and as the group jumped on to that ridiculous excuse for an elevator that goes up and down real fast without stopping, I missed it and 10 seconds later as I was heading up on the next rise, I was removed from the group.

    These situations happen all too often and although in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, the principle is that i refuse to play with people who treat others like crap and insult random people in groups and raids and instead of them being punished for it, I am the one removed the group...

    I make a solid attempt to be a good addition to any group or raid I join in terms of doing my job, doing good dps and having a good attitude, but so many other whiny kids or jerks with bad attitudes ruin it for me, and being a casual these days because i don't have hours to throw away to this game every day, I will not pay money that I have earned to be put in groups and raids with these sorts of people.

    Hopefully Titan is released sooner than later and we can all have an epic gaming experience once again.

    Peace.

    sidenote: i am eager to see what sorts of replies i get to this post, i'm sure some might be a good example of what i'm referring to.
    So let me see if I get this:
    1. He asks you to sheep and you ignore him.
    2. He messages you afterwards (probably because you ignored him instead of telling why you couldn't sheep)
    3. Without saying anything, you initiate a votekick, with reason: he said to me "learn to play"

    And still you say he treats you like crap? And you claim to have a good attitude?

  10. #30
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    576
    Yeah i have had plenty of pugs where the tank or healers asks for CC there, when it breaks and I can't re-apply it they start moaning in chat about me CC'ing it again i type "can't" and keep dps'ing. If they keep moaning like the healer did in your case i will do something i really don't like doing. After the fight i will type something in the lines of "how about you l2p the game, you can only CC it once so how about you stop acting like a moron" I don't like being abusive in chat but i have seen people starting drama there far to often and this will shut them up, if they try to say i'm wrong then there is always at least one other person in the group that will say "actually it's true" and suddenly he is the one that looks like a fool.

    I once told a tank that was big time moaning about my CC (you could tell he had asked for it in other groups before) on that boss that the reason he probably always found himself abusive towards the dps on that boss was because the adds can't be kept CC'ed and maybe he should learn the mechanics of the fights before he started blaming others for not playing well, shut him right up and started coming with excuses.

    Can't believe so many people haven't had a group where someone would act like this.

  11. #31
    I hate to sound rude, but all the people coming in here and saying, "Yeah, people are assholes except me" are clearly full of it. You are every bit as bad as they are. If you are such a saint, you would be the bigger person and let it go, not stooping to their level like the OP is by making threads like these.

    I guess that's how people live their life though, being full of themselves and thinking they are god's gift to the world. Funny how the very thing you despise is likely the same thing you are.

    Also, Titan won't change a damn thing. You should just stop playing MMOs in general because you are going to have to deal with all the bad apples among the good ones. If I was one of the randoms in that group you were in, you both would look equally like jerks to me.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2013-01-25 at 07:55 AM.

  12. #32
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    So let me see if I get this:
    1. He asks you to sheep and you ignore him.
    2. He messages you afterwards (probably because you ignored him instead of telling why you couldn't sheep)
    3. Without saying anything, you initiate a votekick, with reason: he said to me "learn to play"

    And still you say he treats you like crap? And you claim to have a good attitude?
    He is ignoring because he can't do what he is asked to do, and explaining the mechanics during a boss fight is not helpful to the group. I take whisper's more personally and if he had whispered me like that guy and told me I need to learn how to play my character then yes i would consider that treating me like crap as well, especially when it is him that doesn't know how the fight works.

  13. #33
    Solutions are extremely easy to be found.

    1) Quit
    2) Find a guild and actually *gasp* group with them.
    3) Don't assume Titan is going to be any different. It's a Blizzard product and it's going to be a very similar community.

  14. #34
    Fluffy Kitten Taurenburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Pretending not to be here
    Posts
    3,052
    You could have seen it coming, couldn't you? I mean, he might be a jerk and deserved the kick but as it failed he'd surely have tried to kick you for it.

  15. #35
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Look man.. no, just no. That's just bad logic. "If you don't like the game, stop playing."
    While that's all well and good, forums exist as a means to express joy or frustration and generally discuss this game. Just because you take issue with one thing doesn't mean you don't enjoy the product as a whole. Saying "if you don't like it, don't play" is really.. really stupid.
    It's not stupid.

    The only reason people have a hard time with the idea is because without WoW, a lot of them wouldn't know what to do.

    When you've been playing Warcraft for the past 7 years and have done nothing else, what do you expect to do when you no longer have fun playing? Here's the answer: they don't know. Hence why people get all hissy because they can't continue to play the game that their life revolves around.

    It's a bit sad and can be hard to do, but seriously, just find something else.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Barlie830 View Post
    It's not stupid.

    The only reason people have a hard time with the idea is because without WoW, a lot of them wouldn't know what to do.

    When you've been playing Warcraft for the past 7 years and have done nothing else, what do you expect to do when you no longer have fun playing? Here's the answer: they don't know. Hence why people get all hissy because they can't continue to play the game that their life revolves around.

    It's a bit sad and can be hard to do, but seriously, just find something else.
    I think this goes for a lot of players, sadly.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 08:08 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    He is ignoring because he can't do what he is asked to do, and explaining the mechanics during a boss fight is not helpful to the group. I take whisper's more personally and if he had whispered me like that guy and told me I need to learn how to play my character then yes i would consider that treating me like crap as well, especially when it is him that doesn't know how the fight works.
    He could have whispered something back, instead of vote to kick, without saying anything.
    You know, mankind still isn't able to mind-read! Communication goes far.....

    I think it is his own fault he got kicked and I think that group of people he was grouped with, agrees with me.

  17. #37
    Brewmaster Klingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Parliament of the Daleks
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    I was in good mood until a family member of mine died couple weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Jesus. That escalated quickly.
    I'll bring it down a notch to somewhere in between. I was in a good mood until I spent 10 hours bashing my head against business unit resistance to an entity model and associated MVC components for a land tax system's batch scheduler.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

  18. #38
    I so far had a similar situation, once in this expansion, and it happend atlevel 87 as well, but in shadowpan. However I was the healer and the mage was the twat.
    After 2nd boss while fighting the sha packs. This mage stood in the fire from the arrows on the floor and kept taking massive dmg. I tried keeping him up but after seeing that he didn't move and my mana was running low so I decided I had to let the mage go and focus on keeping the tank alive. What follows:

    mage: "-Noob healer, you didn't heal me at all, you play like crap!"
    me: "-No, I let you die becuse you stood in shit."
    mage: "-I didn't stand in anything and I saw you you werent casting at all I got no heals!"
    me: Posted dmg taken for the fight in party chat, mage had taken 400K dmg close to the tanks even tho he only lived for half the fight.
    mage: "- ...but I still saw you not healing me, my main is resto druid so I see all mistakes you do!" (I chuckled a bit at this since it so happens that my main is mage)

    Sure I was annoyed and wanted to kick him but always before that check if he has friend in the group and as usualy with assholes he had, the shadow priest was from his guild as well so I just let it slide for now. So I played the nice casual guy instead and explained to him that I had to play mana conserving style with only hots and nourish spam becuse I didnt have much spirit in my healing gear, and sure he accepted this since he knows resto druids I hope.

    At next boss tho, his friend the priest had respeced disc and started healing as well just so they could post healing done to show that he "beat me?" on healing meters. Since a disc priest could out heal(absorb) me in a fight with entire party at full HP constantly.
    So I just told him that its fine, I have a well geared 90 disc priest as well so I know how they work and if he wanted to heal he could have told me before hand so I could have switched to feral and helped DPS, "-Oh and by the way, my main is a mage as well."

    Suprisingly after that they got all best buddy with me :O admited when they stood in crap and complimented me for my healing on last boss and stuff. Usualy never see such a turn over.

  19. #39
    Anytime I get someone in a group QQing about me, I just troll along with them. Someone calls me a bad mage/DK/Druid etc.... I just tell them I'm going for the achievement or something along those lines. Just feed the trolls. Even if you are bad, I know most of the internet likes to see trolls rage when they get trolled.

  20. #40
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    lul, you think Titan will fix things.
    Think again...

    Gaming is broken, it can't be fixed.
    Enjoy DLC, keyboard warriors, and everything bad you can think of.
    Gaming isn't broken the community is just rotten, always has been always will be.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •