1. #1

    Heroic Sha of Fear P1 Before Lei's Hope Buff

    Edit: 10 man

    So we've been trying to get through P1 for about 2 nights now and keep struggling. Our current strategy is to ignore adds and try to push Sha during the 4th cackle (that group doesn't engage on the platform). We've had a few wipes in the 60%'s, but we don't seem to have any consistency. It feels very overwhelming dodging the adds beginning during the third cackle and onwards, basically running non-stop.

    Does anyone have any advice on a good way to secure the haste buff each night? I feel once we have the buff, we'll be fine pushing into P2 consistently since we can usually get to the third cackle without issues. Just midway through that point it starts to get hairy.

  2. #2
    If you constantly and easily make the check on the outer shrines, might aswell just kill all adds until a certain %. This boss hp% ofc is up to you, this way you won't get overwhelmed.

    The enrage timer actually resets when you phase into p2, so you can even practise in the same attempt just like any real attempt.
    After having the haste buff, you can set this hp% higher or just completely ignore adds.

  3. #3
    Yeah we tried some attempts like that, as well, but eventually fell behind on adds again. Maybe a higher split of dps on the adds than we had and just try ignoring from 80-85% on.

  4. #4
    Blow everything you can, use pots, lust, talents to just get into phase 2. Then when you get the buff, you can prepare for actual attempts.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by blusenho View Post
    Yeah we tried some attempts like that, as well, but eventually fell behind on adds again. Maybe a higher split of dps on the adds than we had and just try ignoring from 80-85% on.
    Not sure if I actually understood your post but, if you fell behind when #1 priority was Adds themselves it seems most of your raiders weren't listening.
    If you can't kill the adds having them as the main priority you will not have the DPS to ignore them.

    Just try it again and persue whoever isn't doing it effectively. You have literally 15 minutes of enrage to phase into p2, make sure every raider understands that, boss damage is not a priority if you are following this method.

  6. #6
    What are you actually wiping to? Is it just being overwhelmed by bolts on the main platform? or are people dying on the platforms? After the 3rd cackle, nobody should ever really stop moving, it might be that you don't have a very mobile raid and thats your problem, if thats the case, you might want to kill a few adds.

    When we are getting the buff, we have always done it the same as normal, ignore adds and just burn the boss on the platform. For us the issue without the 15% haste buff has always been the archers, so we save all DPS cooldowns for them. We hero at the start, but don't use any CDs (unless you're a warlock with their cd reduction from the tier set). Without the haste buff we generally push soon after the 4th cackle, at that point its fairly hairy for the ranged dps to do much aside from dot and run, but as long as dps isn't too slow you shouldn't need to kill adds at all.

    Actually that is how we do it even when we have the buff, 3 min cooldowns always line up for the archers, and we're waiting for a solid 10-20 seconds on the main platform to push the boss once the 3rd group of cackles gets back so they go into p2 with the fearless buff. So there is not really any point in blowing CDs at the start, and since dps is more important in p2, we have our dps on the 3rd cackle hold off their CDs so that they can pop them as soon as they get ported to phase 2, and they'll be reset again right away.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by burnout View Post
    What are you actually wiping to? Is it just being overwhelmed by bolts on the main platform? or are people dying on the platforms? After the 3rd cackle, nobody should ever really stop moving, it might be that you don't have a very mobile raid and thats your problem, if thats the case, you might want to kill a few adds.

    When we are getting the buff, we have always done it the same as normal, ignore adds and just burn the boss on the platform. For us the issue without the 15% haste buff has always been the archers, so we save all DPS cooldowns for them. We hero at the start, but don't use any CDs (unless you're a warlock with their cd reduction from the tier set). Without the haste buff we generally push soon after the 4th cackle, at that point its fairly hairy for the ranged dps to do much aside from dot and run, but as long as dps isn't too slow you shouldn't need to kill adds at all.

    Actually that is how we do it even when we have the buff, 3 min cooldowns always line up for the archers, and we're waiting for a solid 10-20 seconds on the main platform to push the boss once the 3rd group of cackles gets back so they go into p2 with the fearless buff. So there is not really any point in blowing CDs at the start, and since dps is more important in p2, we have our dps on the 3rd cackle hold off their CDs so that they can pop them as soon as they get ported to phase 2, and they'll be reset again right away.
    We also spent 2 nights on that encounter and we also tried to ignore the adds, but it didn't really work out for us, cause i reckon our comp is not good enough for the movement. Well, we changed the strat to killing the adds and it works much better and we got some consistency on the main platform. Nevertheless we always wipe to the same issue. How do you actually handle the shrines? We also save our CD's to burn them etc. and the dps is pretty fair, but who is responsible to collect those bubbles? Our tanks are struggling to get all bubbles, especially our monk tank who is even more mobile than the prot warrior and thats why we don't get it managed to get back on time. It worked a couple of times when i was helping the monk tank to collect them, but as a melee it really sucks hard. But even i noticed that its really possible to get them without getting feared like 5 times in a row which happens quite often to the tank.

  8. #8
    Other than the occasional mistake on platforms (we're not 100% on them, but they are pretty consistent now), the wipes usually happen when we are overwhelmed by the aoe on the ground. Even with constant running towards the end, it seems like people are struggling to drop their stacks (once they get 3+, a oneshot is not far behind with the skull throw). I'd say we're 5-8% behind dps wise from it being a tight but comfortable transition with ignoring the adds.

    After we do our HoF clear this week, we'll go back in and try keeping everyone on the adds until after the second or third cackle except our rogue. Then we'll tunnel sha and see if that makes up the 5-8% where we normally end up being overwhelmed at the end. But of course that means more chances to mess up on platforms... Have to say it's well tuned in P1 at least to be challenging without that buff.

  9. #9
    Brewmaster cyqu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where the pros reside
    Posts
    1,311
    Tanks run around on the shrines and get ALL orbs, only reason anyone else should pick up and orb is if it's within acoustic yards or your tank is sucking and needs help. Save dps CDs for shrines. And if you have a pally or 2 use bops on your best single target caster probably a mage so they can burn through death blossom.

    We leave all adds alive, the only reason people die when all adds are alive is cause they stop running to cast, don't do that. If your dps isn't good enough to push during 4th crackle with constant movement then plan for the 4th group to come back and finish the boss off.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    Tanks run around on the shrines and get ALL orbs, only reason anyone else should pick up and orb is if it's within acoustic yards or your tank is sucking and needs help. Save dps CDs for shrines. And if you have a pally or 2 use bops on your best single target caster probably a mage so they can burn through death blossom.

    We leave all adds alive, the only reason people die when all adds are alive is cause they stop running to cast, don't do that. If your dps isn't good enough to push during 4th crackle with constant movement then plan for the 4th group to come back and finish the boss off.
    Thats exactly what we do on the outter platforms. Saving CD's, bopping ranged dps and as i said before the dps is not such an issue for us if the tanks don`t fail at collecting the orbs but unfortunately they do. I guess there are no special tricks to pick up orbs propperly? Its kinda annoying hearing "I`m feared" like 5 or 6 times in a row from a tank :X

    at blusenho: If you are consistent on the outter platforms, then i'd suggest to go for the other strat. We figured out that killing the adds is much easier for the raid. And anyway its just to get the buff. Maybe i gotta check a tank's POV vid how to pick up orbs on the outter platforms.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •