Sha touched weapons 5.2 - any word on this?

I seriously hope there's no more sha touched sockets

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I seriously hope there's no more sha touched sockets
    There will be sha touched weapons for all the remaining tiers this expansion. A good gold sink.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Weapons are always copy/pasted from the previous tier when they first go out of the PTR. They will likely be changed still.

Hmmmm so every new tier we'll have to buy the gem, socket and the metagem again and again?
    I do hope they adjust the price a bit :-) [I am not very rich in-game; but on the other hand, gold is coming in quite easy]

Deleted
    10k is loose change to me, BUT they should of pre-warned that they will be adding more Sha-Touched weapons. I think the general assumption was we would be upgrading our current Sha-Touched weapons during the quest process.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there will actually be sha-touched weapons in 5.2

If you look at the models and icons of the two sha-touched weapons, they're very obviously copy-pasted versions of the current tier's Sha-touched Axe and Gun, with their ilevels cranked up. I feel like they just haven't taken the time yet to take the sha-touched socket off.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post

If you look at the models and icons of the two sha-touched weapons, they're very obviously copy-pasted versions of the current tier's Sha-touched Axe and Gun, with their ilevels cranked up. I feel like they just haven't taken the time yet to take the sha-touched socket off.
    Indeed, it's literally just copy pasted with cranked up ilvls.
    Very early stages of the PTR, still.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted

It's called a placeholder...

They are, without a doubt, adding more sha-touched items.

Deleted
    Whether or not they copied it from 5.0 - the following tiers this expansion will have sha touched weapons. That is confirmed.

Ask ghostcrawler about it, he'll confirm it again.

Deleted
    Still... why again another 2 handed axe? Can't they... dunno... A Strenght Polearm or a 2 handed mace or sword? You know... just have a bit of variation in weapon type. And don't give me BS about now being able to transmog axes to swords/maces on this next patch. Although it would be sweat to be able to use a damn friggin Polearm as a Death Knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    You're really best off sticking to information actually contained in our patch notes or other official channels of communication if you're looking to avoid confusion.

There are no more Sha-Touched weapons forthcoming. If you've been diligent about helping Wrathion and continue to do so, your reward in 5.2 is going to be a legendary meta-gem that can go in any helmet.
    Source.

Whaddya know, I was right.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    You're really best off sticking to information actually contained in our patch notes or other official channels of communication if you're looking to avoid confusion.

There are no more Sha-Touched weapons forthcoming. If you've been diligent about helping Wrathion and continue to do so, your reward in 5.2 is going to be a legendary meta-gem that can go in any helmet.
    Source.

Whaddya know, I was right.
    Thanks for the source. People saying they're coming back look pretty foolish now.

I can see it being annoying if they don't lower the price on the gem/socket, which currently run about 11,500g combined. The problem is, imagine you get the raid finder version of a weapon and want to gem/socket it, then you get the normal version, then you get the thunderforged normal version, then you get the heroic version, then you get the thunderforged heroic version. So you have to buy the gem+socket x 5 (this is without considering there might be elite/elite heroic/Raden weapons) which will come to 57,500g to just keep your weapons maintained for a single tier.

Now, perhaps nobody will make the mistake of socketing LFR weapons if they expect to have access to at least normal mode, but this still leaves the door open for easily having to rebuy the legendary gem/socket 3 times on one character.

I think that a great option would be that instead of gold you required a payment in justice points to replace the gem, it would make 5 mans more active and would make it realistic to use the gem/socket on multiple alts.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    It's called a placeholder...

They are, without a doubt, adding more sha-touched items.
    I'm doubting you.. oh hey i'm right.

Gonna be tough for new reg weapons to compete with sha touched weapons with sha gems and a prismatic socket

The new weapons will probably be able to beat the sha-touched + socket due to the MASSIVE increase in ilvls.

Your sha touched weapons are now vendor/shard fodder. Fuck you, black prince. I think its time to reduce the black dragon species by one more member.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    The new weapons will probably be able to beat the sha-touched + socket due to the MASSIVE increase in ilvls.
    Maybe the case for 535+ heroic versions, but not so certain this will be the case for the normals over 2/2 upgraded heroics now, at least for all classes/specs. For instance, 496 sha touched gun was better than the 502 bow from heroic will. The difference between a 517 and 522 normal mode weapon is one ilvl less. We'll see what happens once the weapons are known.

its gonna be bigger gold sink eventually then those panther mounts >< i mean lfr sha weapon , OS weapon , normal node weapon , normal mode OS >< 30k already - for firs tier only then 40k for each next tier :/ for people who raid normals - 60k for hc raiders unless they are lucky with drops :/