Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namliam View Post
    Because your combustion is initatially only hitting the one leg and body instead of multiple legs and the body.
    Also yoru +100% damage on the leg DOES NOT get coppied to the body, if you get a 50k ignite that you spread to the body the +100% is taken away and only 25k ticks happen on the body. Same for combustion, the cleaving from high debuffed targets to normal targets has been fixed a good while ago.
    AFIK ignite and combustion don't get any damage multiplier to prevent double dipping. Ignite is a direct consequence of a critical strike so if your fireball or pyroblast do double damage you will gate an ignite tick double than normal that will do normal damage. Combustion works in the same way (i.e. it does not benefice from any damage multiplier) except for the fixed part of damage.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 02:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Agzarah View Post
    Can you still spread dots from the body to the legs?

I've killed garalon several times now (only post fire+garalon nerf), and from what i can tell i've only seen the dots go from Leg-> Body, never the reverse.
    Then again, the legs only last a few seconds now so its difficult to tell
    I was able to spread form any leg to the body and from the body to front legs

Quote Originally Posted by Epimetheuz View Post
    this actually comes out to your dps being much, much worse. Killing a leg takes 3% of garalon's health, while it has 6% so anytime you are in a circle dpsing you really take that number in half and thats what you're actually doing to the boss.
    That wasn't really the point of my post - it was about the choice of Incanter's Ward as Arcane on this fight when most were suggesting RoP. I'm not attacking the boss while in the leg circles; I'm attacking the legs, because we only have a single melee in our raid. I have to help get the legs down ASAP. Using this wonderfully mobile way of attacking the legs has worked out much better than RoP for our group.

Deleted
    Because your combustion is initatially only hitting the one leg and body instead of multiple legs and the body.
    Also yoru +100% damage on the leg DOES NOT get coppied to the body, if you get a 50k ignite that you spread to the body the +100% is taken away and only 25k ticks happen on the body. Same for combustion, the cleaving from high debuffed targets to normal targets has been fixed a good while ago.

Great example of which was Firemages doing 500k dps on Ambershaper which is no longer possible, same here on the legs.... Futhermore Inferno Blast can now spread your dots to 4 additional targets, bar LB which still is limited to 3. Thus spreading your Pyro, Ignite and Combustion dots off the body to potentially 4 legs, if even only temporarily is a 400% damage boost vs 100% damage boost on the one leg.

This not even comparing to the fact that you preferably as a raid want to have your melee be inside the circles 100% so they get 100% uptime as they can utilize that much more efficiently than we can unless you are somewhat lucky. On top of which having your tanks focus their dps (in part or full dps gear) on normal increases raid dps A LOT towads meeting the 510+k dps requirement of this boss

This not even considering the fact that with 3 million HPS and 100k fireballs (non crits) as well as 200k Pyro's (non crits) you will probably need say 10 fireballs and 3 pyro's plus added LB damage for 1 million from fireballs and 600k from Pyro's (all non crits!) to get the proper ignite happening, while standing in one place and inside the cirlcle and not have the leg die before dealing another million or more of combustion damage is unrealistic at best
    From going over my logs, my combustions ticks on the leg are ticking the same on the body as they are on the legs, I usually open up with a 3.5 - 4million Combustion. Your theory is moot either way as Inferno Blast does not spread any dots to the back legs, only to the front and by the time you get your ignite built up and Combustion ready to go, the DPS already have one of the front legs down meaning you can only spread to one target as it is meaning this would not be a DPS loss regardless but Ill upload my logs after next weeks kill to show you.

As for the OP, sorry if we side-tracked your thread, if you want max damage, go Arcane IW but you are essentially stealing damage from the Melee meaning your overall Raid damage probably wont improve, if you want to increase raid damage, stay on the boss and use one of the other build people have mentioned or try my fire technique.

Deleted
    AFAIK to prevent double dipping the multipler on damage ignite and combustion don't get any bonus. If you have the leg proximity bonus your pyro and fireball will hit for double damage and crit for double damage; ignite tick is calculated from crit damage so you will have a bigger tick that does 1x damage that you can spread to the body. Same for combustion

What they fixed is a LB on the leg that does 2x damage on the body when exploding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannemmar View Post
    What they fixed is a LB on the leg that does 2x damage on the body when exploding.
    The principle is exactly the same, LB explosion from the leg does 70k damage to the leg if applied from within the circle, but only 35k to the body.
    Same if you IB spread the LB to the body, that explosion also will hit for 35.
    Anything that hits +100% cause you were inside the circle will no longer hit +100% once spread, or cleaved (for rogues and the lot)

The ignite (indirectly) indeed IS inflated by the +100% because it is a result of the 100k Fireball instead of the 50k one.... thus your ignite is inflated thus your nice combustion (on the leg) when spread you no longer have that though.. not on the body you dont.