Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahnjin View Post
    @OP That druid sounds like he had issues. It was barely your fault, and it's not even a big deal. Ugh people can get really pissy in 5-mans for no reason.

I'll admit I never got harshly insulted, so I don't really know what I would do. Most likely, I'd just tell the guy to calm down, it's just a game and this isn't exactly a heroic raid but a random 5-man. ...and I probably wouldn't leave the group unless we were at the very beginning of the instance, because I'm DPS and I don't want to queue again for my VP.
    I can relate to that druid, as I heal a lot in dungeons.
    Too many times, the tanks chain pull without any regard for the healer's mana, or if anyone gets left behind.

When there's a lockout mechanic before the boss, the tank should wait for others to reach the place, buff up, get mana, and only then, pull the boss.
    Too many times, I see noob tanks that think that chain pulling and rushing through the dungeon automatically makes them awesome tanks.

If they get on my nerves too much, I let them die. Then, the hunter's pet can tank instead of them; sometimes with better results.
    Yes, I know I am a terrible person.

Personally, it depends on the situation.

I don't mind constructive criticism, but I also take criticism, even the various terrible ones that mean nothing but trolling to heart at times, which I think is worse than just ignoring it. Really, I always have the mindset that if they have to speak up, there is something worth saying.

Generally though, I usually just ignore and move on, if they are being -extremely- obnoxious, I tend to just boot them, (If I know it tends to be wrong though, and they are being idiotic, I tend to call them out on it, or at least say "Yes, your bitching about X/Y really is helping when you are standing in the fire."

10+ Year Old Account
    i see where the op is coming from,
    i do quiet the opposite of insulting people when i tank though
    i praise people for beating me on overall / single target bosses,
    and i completely ignore the other people, don't even thank them for grouping.
    meaning i specifically say " hey nameofdk cheers on beating me on overall good job."
    i'll generally throw a gratz to the healer saying "lovely heals i didn't have to slow down at all"

all within the last few seconds of the last boss fight since people are bound to leave instantly these days

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    Too many times, the tanks chain pull without any regard for the healer's mana, or if anyone gets left behind.

When there's a lockout mechanic before the boss, the tank should wait for others to reach the place, buff up, get mana, and only then, pull the boss.
    Too many times, I see noob tanks that think that chain pulling and rushing through the dungeon automatically makes them awesome tanks.

If they get on my nerves too much, I let them die. Then, the hunter's pet can tank instead of them; sometimes with better results.
    sounds like you have had some aweful tanks my condolences, healer mana usually above 90% come boss time... (when i am tanking)
    as for dps getting left behind? how's that possible since all the mobs will be with the tank?
    if a dps is getting left behind it is exclusively their fault.

when im on my mage ill eat the pack before a boss top my mana off, and then ill still have gem and evo off cd for boss itself, it works out in the end,
    i've been oom plenty of times but never been locked out.
    Last edited by Christan; 2013-01-26 at 03:50 AM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

If a mage of all people gets locked out its because they were slacking. Tanks like to chain pull to keep vengeance running. It also stops rage and holy power etc dissipating. Of course you have to watch healers mana and overall raid health etc. It's a balance.

If tanks get on your nerves for pulling fast then that speaks volumes about you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    If a mage of all people gets locked out its because they were slacking. Tanks like to chain pull to keep vengeance running. It also stops rage and holy power etc dissipating. Of course you have to watch healers mana and overall raid health etc. It's a balance.

If tanks get on your nerves for pulling fast then that speaks volumes about you.
    usually i am forced to pull as fast as possible because if i don't then dps will end up pulling, i've sat back with a fresh 90 healer who obviously was cheating the ilvl system (had to keep chi wave up on bosses and throw out minty healing spheres as a tank) hunter goes in and pulls, we watch him die lol...
    but all and all on trash it gets annoying so i'll usually just speed things up by doing it myself. (odd how it goes back to dps doing things they shouldn't - getitng locked out - pulling stuff - etc...)
    satchels make it worth dealing with people like that though, and kicks if they cause wipes.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    From the OP's post, looks like it was a speed run (chain pulling and mass pulling), when you are doing a speed run, you should really keep up, I am a dps myself and I always try to keep up on a fast run, if the mage got locked out (and only the mage) then it does look like he was a bit slow. I am on the tank's side on this one.

My view: when in a speed run, keep up or get left out.
    What do you mean "it was a speed run". It was clearly a pug from the dungeon finder - if you want a "speed run", you tell everyone that. Further to that, locking a DPS out for a boss slows the group down a lot more than someone being a little behind for whatever reason. Doesn't sound very speedy.

Verbal abuse? really?

Welcome to the internet.

If you get upset over some "verbal abuse" in a dungeon, then you need to go see a therapist...as you probably have some underlying issues that need working out.

This politically correct, instant report culture is really starting to annoy me. People are apparently getting banned for everything these days, you tell someone they need to learn to play and stop being terrible at the game and then they try to report you for hurting their feelings.....you use the word "shit" or "fuck" or even "asshole" and people go all crazy like you just launched a terrorist attack.

If you can't handle a couple of words thrown your way on the internet, then you should probably stop playing online games instead of trying to report every single person who plays them because they scarred your fragile, delicate mind with "verbal abuse."

The internet is not fluffy bunny unicorn cupcake land.........you people need to stop pretending WoW is some kind of G-rated family fun adventure where no one is rude and everyone is treated equally.

As far as the OP goes:

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I wanted to get some Cata rep, so I ran some heroics as a tank. full random makeup, jade temple. we speed through the instance with me doing some chain pulling and mass pulling, but on the final trash before the sha, the mage didn't notice that i was about to pull and got locked outside. I tell him sorry for it, and ask "try to keep up next time".

the druid healer, other server, responds: "Try to keep your dick out of your mouth the next time." I asked who that was aimed at, and upon hearing it was for me, I just said "Okay" and left the group. i'm sorry, but i'm not going to take verbal abuse from anyone. I know I was in the wrong, but the druid didn't have to be so agressive about it. I reported him for language, but I was wondering what your opinion on this matter is.
    You were right to chain pull the instance, dungeons are not there for exploring and learning how to play, they are there to get gear and valor/justice points quickly and efficiently. If DPS can't keep up (granted that you at least stopped for a second to make sure they were at least trying to get there on time) then that's their own fault and they should be removed if they are going AFK or doing terribly low DPS (like half AFK / totally clueless low) that was barely acceptable in WOTLK.

What the druid said to you was indeed uncalled for, but does it really matter? He's a mad little kid that just threw out some "insult" that didn't even make sense......the only way for you to "beat" him is to shut him down with a better insult or straight up ignore him. Leaving the dungeon on the last boss (time wasted) because you got butthurt makes you the loser in that situation.

You also made a mistake in being polite to people in random dungeons by using the phrase "try to __________ next time"

Polite criticism makes a lot of players rage, don't ask me why...it just does.

That shit does not work with the masses in WoW, you have to be direct and slightly rude to get your point across clearly, there is no room for sugarcoating.

I would have said something like "Yo mage, wtf are you doing bro? Learn to keep up with the tank and maybe you won't be locked out of the boss's room. You have the blink ability for a reason, scrub."

^ That's how you make players better. I guarantee you after being told that, the mage would never get locked out again. He would also probably attempt to report me for "verbal abuse" and then cry when his attempt fails.
    Last edited by Gromnak; 2013-01-26 at 10:08 AM.

Deleted
    Who cares? Report him & move on with the heroic. People are going to insult you in real life too, are you going to quit your job if your boss is a dick to you once?

Everyone should learn to handle insults appropriately without throwing in the towel the instant someone says something mean.

Deleted
    youre the typical poxy tank i come across on a daily basis. eyes closed, pulling everything & doesnt have the sense to have a look at the map blizzard was so kind to include in the game for ppl exactly like you. tosser

Quote Originally Posted by Jinivus View Post
    I read the OP as if he apologized, idk.
    If he truly apologized the OP wouldn't have then stated in the same post that he knew he was in the wrong. What was he in the wrong for, apologizing incorrectly? No the OP was probably being a douche as well and didn't like when someone else treated him like he treated people.

Seems like he was just messing around. Seriously overreacting OP.

Deleted
    Depends:
    I fuck up big time in real life and deserve it? I guess.
    But i won't stand for any insult for petty things, nor for anything that happens in a videogame, be it WoW or anything else.

If you get upset that easily and feel compelled to run off to some forums and seek condolence from everyone then I don't think online games are for you...

Deleted
    Since you failed at tanking I understand why the druid would say that. A tank is supposed to be able to wait for the party to get ready and clearly you failed at that. Even worse you tried to push the blame onto the mage, who had done nothing wrong.

Imo the group was better of without you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

Bu-uh.
    If tanks can't get initial threat because their precious Vengeance buff fell off, it speaks volumes about their lack of skill to keep aggro on multiple mobs.
    I like to fully pre-hot the tank, and have all my CD's available before a pull... most of the time, that's not possible. Do you hear me complaining about that, too?

And yes, sometimes pug tanks get on my nerves, because I am the one covering all THEIR MISTAKES, like their chain pulling habits when they're undergeared, not using CD's when need, or not moving away from void zones/fire on the ground, giving their backs to the mobs, and questionable gearing decisions from the tank, just to get some more ilevel, like wearing plate with INT, among other "awesome" decisions.

A good geared and seasoned tank (even if a rushing one), makes a healer happy. A bad one, can gtfo.

Deleted
    I tend to laugh at people who get really angry about the game. I don't like being an overemotional little drama queen. If you did something wrong it's not justified to insult anyone (I don't think insulting anyone about anything even in real life is particularly justified, there are always ways to not be hostile about things) but getting insulted about being insulted is silly.
    Last edited by mmoc68a4e4b5e2; 2013-01-26 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    As a DK tank I can manage quite happily in most heroic instances solo, you fall behind you get left behind, a lot of people eventually recognize you're boosting them and the flaming rarely continues after the first boss is dead. I don't engage in conversation with people who flame me for pulling faster than they can keep up, they are usually the ones who spend more time typing, doing less than 20k dps, wasting the 5th spot of a group.

If it was my mistake I'll own up to it. Once I do, it really takes the power away from them. I know I messed up, I made a mistake, but I'm aware of it. So if they keep ranting on about it, I make sure I point out how immature they are when I've already admitted what happened. Usually makes them rage more.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account

Got to agree with this one as well. I am also a healer spamming a lot of dungeons each week, and often tanks chain pull packs and charge off again, either to a boss or to next and next and next trash pack without even looking back if anyone is killing them. Not all classes can dps while constantly moving forward so often I end up tanking that horrible mess of combined trash packs as a healer.

Sometimes I complain that I joined to heal, not to tank and ask the tank to do their job. Every single time I get a shower of insults. Starting with *stfu scrub* and ending with *go suck your mommies titties little boy*. Yes, that was literally said to me I am not little. Or a boy. So it was quite amusing.

Back to the topic: so chain pulling tanks, while amusing sometimes, can eventually make a healer jumpy. And while I have no way of knowing how the OP's run went, maybe it is possible that the druid healer had some reasons to be upset. Not an excuse to spit out insults ofc but still.

Deleted
    I think that you need to be able to take insults from people in an MMO in a non-offensive manner. Someone will always write something idiotic to you if you're in a group and make a mistake, you just need to absorb it and move on. Sure, you can report them and whatnot, but I don't really bother.

I very rarely call people names in LFD/LFR unless they're being assholes themselves, but I tend to call my own raiders out when they make silly mistakes. It's just something you need to be able to take in an MMO-environment tbh.