Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    what will be top single target in 5.2

    anyone know the top single target spec for locks in 5.2

    getting bored of affliction and really wish they would buff destro

  2. #2
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,744
    Nobody knows because they barely started to make balance changes, come again in one month
    Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with 1200 questions and 80 achievements!

    Inactive since 09/2013

  3. #3
    yeah, as Zumzumzum said, no1 knows and its way too early to say, especially considering they havent finished tweaking the classes.

  4. #4
    Even if Destro somehow makes it to the top afflic will still be my choice. The new destro is the wrath version of arcane.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  5. #5
    I just raid tested first boss on ptr, they scaled all gear to 502 ilvl

    even with 5% nerf to MG, I was still outdoing everyone with affl - grim of sac and kjc

  6. #6
    Currently Affliction/GoSac is the highest. However GC hinted at the fact that tuning has not started yet so expect a lot to change in future builds.

  7. #7
    I think affliction is still going to be top with demo following close by. Destro will get an overhaul to align it more with the other two.

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Chrispotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,220
    I want demo to be top =/ Most fun Spec IMO

  9. #9
    Hope its not Affli, so that we can admire the Green flames.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Reolac View Post
    Currently Affliction/GoSac is the highest. However GC hinted at the fact that tuning has not started yet so expect a lot to change in future builds.

    My bet - 2 cookies - that it will be still hidden shadow priest spec = affli.

  11. #11
    I hope they do make some adjustments because if we are dependent on one spec then one raid tier could be brutal. Especially a spec like affliction than can be screwed with. This is why I liked unique spec buffs. You could play what spec you wanted and not fee like a burden.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

  12. #12
    Did some raid testing on final Boss where gear scaled to 517, was 3rd in dps behind #1 arcane mage and #2 caster shammy, again I used aff w/grim of sac and KJC

    this was the same mage and shaman that were below me in 502 gear for the first boss test of the day......could have been mechanics..meh

    Didn't have time to try other specs as affliction was performing really well and our time was limited

  13. #13
    I'm hoping demo will get a little bit of a buff, and affliction nerfed slightly. I feel affliction is too strong...with KJC it just makes it kind of silly :P. I want to rock affliction off spec next tier since a lot of the fights just look fun for demo.

  14. #14
    As nice as green fire will be, I hope it's not Destro by a large margin. Destro can be cool for AoE and all with F&B and non-cast RoFs, but single target Immo->Conflag->Incin til CB just bores me. I like trying to update my DoTs as my buffs change, makes the spec feel a little more dynamic. Same with managing DF.

  15. #15
    The best way to go imo, is to have Demo on top with Destro being the one on cleave fights. Anyone with me? That is for a change and a fine suggestion given that green fire goes live.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    I'm hoping demo will get a little bit of a buff, and affliction nerfed slightly. I feel affliction is too strong...with KJC it just makes it kind of silly :P. I want to rock affliction off spec next tier since a lot of the fights just look fun for demo.
    I don't understand your reasoning. You want affliction nerfed even though there are other specs higher than it? Why? Moral support for balance druids? Are you secretly a Blizzard developer?
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I hope they do make some adjustments because if we are dependent on one spec then one raid tier could be brutal. Especially a spec like affliction than can be screwed with. This is why I liked unique spec buffs. You could play what spec you wanted and not fee like a burden.
    You mean like when demo was the only spec that provided 10% SP buff? If anything we are far more in a state where we can play the spec we want now than we were then.
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing & Progress
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I don't understand your reasoning. You want affliction nerfed even though there are other specs higher than it? Why? Moral support for balance druids? Are you secretly a Blizzard developer?
    I'm just bored of affliction, in a sense. I'm tired of channeling malefic grasp lol, I'm not saying the spec is easy whatsoever but it doesn't tickle my fancy like it did in the beginning of MoP, I'm just liking demo and the whole 'stance dance' type thing so in a selfish way, I just want Demo buffed(which it really doesn't need it, in pve..already above a lot of classes, but again just a selfish thing ;p) so I don't feel like I have to play affliction if its higher during progression, next tier.
    Last edited by Kink; 2013-01-28 at 01:17 AM.

  19. #19
    I can only pray they don't nurf destro further.

  20. #20
    Wish they removed the CD of Meta, makes dancing easier
    Trylb / Galesin
    Winners never quit, Quitters never win
    Nobody Said It Was Easy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •