Page 1 of 2
LastLast

what will be top single target in 5.2

anyone know the top single target spec for locks in 5.2

getting bored of affliction and really wish they would buff destro

Deleted
    Nobody knows because they barely started to make balance changes, come again in one month

Deleted
    yeah, as Zumzumzum said, no1 knows and its way too early to say, especially considering they havent finished tweaking the classes.

Even if Destro somehow makes it to the top afflic will still be my choice. The new destro is the wrath version of arcane.

I just raid tested first boss on ptr, they scaled all gear to 502 ilvl

even with 5% nerf to MG, I was still outdoing everyone with affl - grim of sac and kjc

Currently Affliction/GoSac is the highest. However GC hinted at the fact that tuning has not started yet so expect a lot to change in future builds.

I think affliction is still going to be top with demo following close by. Destro will get an overhaul to align it more with the other two.

I want demo to be top =/ Most fun Spec IMO

Hope its not Affli, so that we can admire the Green flames.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reolac View Post
    Currently Affliction/GoSac is the highest. However GC hinted at the fact that tuning has not started yet so expect a lot to change in future builds.

My bet - 2 cookies - that it will be still hidden shadow priest spec = affli.

I hope they do make some adjustments because if we are dependent on one spec then one raid tier could be brutal. Especially a spec like affliction than can be screwed with. This is why I liked unique spec buffs. You could play what spec you wanted and not fee like a burden.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Did some raid testing on final Boss where gear scaled to 517, was 3rd in dps behind #1 arcane mage and #2 caster shammy, again I used aff w/grim of sac and KJC

this was the same mage and shaman that were below me in 502 gear for the first boss test of the day......could have been mechanics..meh

Didn't have time to try other specs as affliction was performing really well and our time was limited

I'm hoping demo will get a little bit of a buff, and affliction nerfed slightly. I feel affliction is too strong...with KJC it just makes it kind of silly :P. I want to rock affliction off spec next tier since a lot of the fights just look fun for demo.

As nice as green fire will be, I hope it's not Destro by a large margin. Destro can be cool for AoE and all with F&B and non-cast RoFs, but single target Immo->Conflag->Incin til CB just bores me. I like trying to update my DoTs as my buffs change, makes the spec feel a little more dynamic. Same with managing DF.

The best way to go imo, is to have Demo on top with Destro being the one on cleave fights. Anyone with me? That is for a change and a fine suggestion given that green fire goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    I'm hoping demo will get a little bit of a buff, and affliction nerfed slightly. I feel affliction is too strong...with KJC it just makes it kind of silly :P. I want to rock affliction off spec next tier since a lot of the fights just look fun for demo.
    I don't understand your reasoning. You want affliction nerfed even though there are other specs higher than it? Why? Moral support for balance druids? Are you secretly a Blizzard developer?
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I hope they do make some adjustments because if we are dependent on one spec then one raid tier could be brutal. Especially a spec like affliction than can be screwed with. This is why I liked unique spec buffs. You could play what spec you wanted and not fee like a burden.
    You mean like when demo was the only spec that provided 10% SP buff? If anything we are far more in a state where we can play the spec we want now than we were then.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I don't understand your reasoning. You want affliction nerfed even though there are other specs higher than it? Why? Moral support for balance druids? Are you secretly a Blizzard developer?
    I'm just bored of affliction, in a sense. I'm tired of channeling malefic grasp lol, I'm not saying the spec is easy whatsoever but it doesn't tickle my fancy like it did in the beginning of MoP, I'm just liking demo and the whole 'stance dance' type thing so in a selfish way, I just want Demo buffed(which it really doesn't need it, in pve..already above a lot of classes, but again just a selfish thing ;p) so I don't feel like I have to play affliction if its higher during progression, next tier.
    Last edited by Kink; 2013-01-28 at 01:17 AM.

I can only pray they don't nurf destro further.

Deleted
    Wish they removed the CD of Meta, makes dancing easier