10+ Year Old Account

Kinda gearing up for pvp, gear progression?

Hey folks, I just recently started finding myself Qing up for BGs again. I never was much of a big pvper but rather just a weekend warrior - i got my stormpike trinket! XD

Anyway, I had to do the whole win the new BGs for the Wrathion quest line and I rather enjoy the 2 new BGs.

I was sitting on enough honor somehow to afford both trinkets. What should I go for next? I have decent gear from raiding should I use this or should I go back to the AH and buy up the blue boe set?

Any thoughts / insights are welcome.

Oh my class/spec - I'm a druid and be feral for the majority of the time.
    ~Don't just rage the day away, try new things!~
    Warcraft: Shando - <FoE> - 110 Druid - Turalyon-US
    http://foeturalyon.enjin.com <Foe> Website, check us out!
    http://www.twitch.tv/shandi235 live stream my guild's raids, other stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shandi235 View Post
    Hey folks, I just recently started finding myself Qing up for BGs again. I never was much of a big pvper but rather just a weekend warrior - i got my stormpike trinket! XD

Anyway, I had to do the whole win the new BGs for the Wrathion quest line and I rather enjoy the 2 new BGs.

I was sitting on enough honor somehow to afford both trinkets. What should I go for next? I have decent gear from raiding should I use this or should I go back to the AH and buy up the blue boe set?

Any thoughts / insights are welcome.

Oh my class/spec - I'm a druid and be feral for the majority of the time.
    If you're swimming in money, go ahead and buy the blue BoE crafted set, as it'll ease the grind should you choose to dive in and go for it. However, your PvE gear will suit you fairly well until you start getting more honor pieces, so my advice to you is to save the money if you think you can deal with the monotony of being a semi-geared punching bag.

You should aim to pick up the honor PvP gloves for the glove bonus, and after that you should get your 2pc followed by your 4pc set bonuses. Like you said, you have both trinkets which is good, as you need the CC breaker right off, and the other proc/use Agility one will give you lots of passive PvP Power. After you pick up your 4-piece and trinkets, it doesn't matter what you get for the most part.

Good luck gearing up should you choose to participate in the grind.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't really matter what order you get gear in. I usually honor gear in this order just because I do. I also usually like to cap out to 4000 honor before getting new gear.

Trinekts > Rings, Neck > Cloak, Bracers, Boots > Belt, Pants > Chest, Shoulders > ignore helm and use the conquest saved up for the malevolent helm piece.

save for the 4set first, because the bonus are actually really good(1k resil, 500 pvp power, class specific)

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is the order i go in. get all the crafted gear, then start replacing your left over pve gear with pvp gear(cape,neck, 2 rings, 2 trinkets), then get the 4 set bonus, then the rest doesnt matter.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    If you're swimming in money, go ahead and buy the blue BoE crafted set, as it'll ease the grind should you choose to dive in and go for it. However, your PvE gear will suit you fairly well until you start getting more honor pieces, so my advice to you is to save the money if you think you can deal with the monotony of being a semi-geared punching bag.

You should aim to pick up the honor PvP gloves for the glove bonus, and after that you should get your 2pc followed by your 4pc set bonuses. Like you said, you have both trinkets which is good, as you need the CC breaker right off, and the other proc/use Agility one will give you lots of passive PvP Power. After you pick up your 4-piece and trinkets, it doesn't matter what you get for the most part.

Good luck gearing up should you choose to participate in the grind.
    Best advice in the thread. Granted, for some classes the glovebonus and 2&4-set bonuses aside the resi+power are weird and less amazing, but for most they are near gamechanging.
    Also applaud for the sig