Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will Orgrimmar be the non-players zone during the SOG?

Hello all!

I've been thinking a lot about this, something just doesn't work for me, which lead me to register here and create a new topic. Will the regular players be able to access the capital during the patch and how will it work? So if Orgrimmar is to be besieged by the allied forces, that means there will be no access to the city at all but only during the raids? Am I getting this right?

Thank you kindly, dear sirs and madams!

The raid will most definitely be an instanced zone. Normal Orgrimar will work as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    The raid will most definitely be an instanced zone. Normal Orgrimar will work as normal.
    It "Should" be like this, but maybe blizz will want to give us that epic feel and lock Orgimmar down.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    It "Should" be like this, but maybe blizz will want to give us that epic feel and lock Orgimmar down.
    they wont trust me

The Horde can access Dalaran even after the events in the 5.1 quest chain. It's possible Orgrimmar will not be accessible, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You still need that place for accessing the Cata zones. Not letting people into Orgrimmar would require a lot of planning on the part of Blizzard to alleviate that, and several other problems (like the Brawler's Guild).

It's probably too much effort for the sake of lore continuity.

i guess that there will be minor changes to org before the raid patch. In lore, i think the whole raid happens over a few hours only, so its not like the several weeks/ months it'll take in game. the city will most likely not change during the patch, as it in lore hasn't changed since we've not yet fought garrosh.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

It would be cool if they slowly started to change Org over the next few patches. Start adding Garrosh posters and pro-Garrosh propaganda posters. Things like that.

Deleted
    if they are going to do anything it will be close to how the wrath gate quest went, people up to that point will see org under siege in a phased/instanced, but it won't affect the people leveling and such, the only thing they would have to do is make sure the horde had a temporary staging ground that the org portals and stuff lead to.

but to be honest I don't think much will happen org is the only way to pandaria and houses the portals for the cata zones and such, so I can't see it happening but it would be nice if while it was under siege that the horde basically moved to the troll isles and had the portals and everything there for people at 90.

Remember that the raids are very rarely extended conflicts in lore and instead represent a single, decisive battle. That's what the Siege of Orgrimmar will likely be (which means the term "siege" will probably end up being a bit of a misnomer), so there wouldn't even be any lore reason to make the city itself unavailable.

My guess is when the Siege of Orgrimmar patch is released, at first the "outdoor" version of Orgrimmar will appear as it currently is, and then once a player beats the raid in any difficulty it will phase into a post-Siege form with the Warchief, along with any other casualties, replaced.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

It will be phased just like Battle for Undercity.
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Maybe Valley of Strength (where Garrosh' throne room is) will be locked down. All NPC types, except Guild trainer/vendor, can be found elsewhere in Orgrimmar as well. So it's not a real problem.

At least i hope we see the consequences of Garrosh going loco in normal Orgrimmar too. It would be epic, i just know it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    The Horde can access Dalaran even after the events in the 5.1 quest chain. It's possible Orgrimmar will not be accessible, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You still need that place for accessing the Cata zones. Not letting people into Orgrimmar would require a lot of planning on the part of Blizzard to alleviate that, and several other problems (like the Brawler's Guild).

It's probably too much effort for the sake of lore continuity.
    Horde can still access Dalaran because its still in Wrath of the Lich King time - I mean, when players are in Northrend the Lich King still lives cause everyone can kill him in a raid.

In my opinion Orgrimmar will change after a short chain of quests like those in Krasarang Wilds - when you complete them then the whole zone changes and then you can see Horde and Ally base + buildings that you can capture. Players that are leveling well be in old phase of Orgrimmar and it will be peaceful for them.

Start drawing up your picket signs, orcs and goblin gentlewomen! "HELL NO, WE WON'T GO!"

But seriously... like everyone's been saying, it'll be a little instanced area you access via instance portal in a corner of Orgrimmar. No big deal.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The raid will be instanced just like any other raid. Normal orgrimmar will still be available.

The bigger question is how Blizz will work the transition. Will they revamp the old world to phase out Garrosh, or will they keep him Warchief and phase him out when you hit 90?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

A bigger question is "where will the instance entrance be?"

I assume it will start somewhere in Pandaria.... however I'm imagining it might be a bit silly being Horde to fly from Orgrimmar to the instance portal, just to come back and attack Orgrimmar. :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 07:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Start drawing up your picket signs, orcs and goblin gentlewomen! "HELL NO, WE WON'T GO!"

But seriously... like everyone's been saying, it'll be a little instanced area you access via instance portal in a corner of Orgrimmar. No big deal.
    Doubt it will start in Orgrimmar... first off, Alliance have to access it. Secondly, it's even MORE silly to just run peacefully outside the gate of Orgrimmar to then have to start ATTACKING Orgrimmar. :P

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The raid will be instanced just like any other raid. Normal orgrimmar will still be available.

The bigger question is how Blizz will work the transition. Will they revamp the old world to phase out Garrosh, or will they keep him Warchief and phase him out when you hit 90?
    They would almost have to leave him in place until you hit 90, unless they felt like redoing multiple zones, most of which were just redone in Cata. I don't see them doing that.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    A bigger question is "where will the instance entrance be?"

I assume it will start somewhere in Pandaria.... however I'm imagining it might be a bit silly being Horde to fly from Orgrimmar to the instance portal, just to come back and attack Orgrimmar. :P
    I think it'll be zeppelin from Pandaria. One for Aliance and one for Horde. You come to the zeppelin, talk to a guy like "I'm ready!", cutscene and voilà Orgrimmar

I hope the instance portal is in Durotar, and not in CoT.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    They would almost have to leave him in place until you hit 90, unless they felt like redoing multiple zones, most of which were just redone in Cata. I don't see them doing that.
    At first I thought it'd be a few zones where he shows up (Silverpine and Stonetalon being the biggest), then I realized almost every Horde NPC references him, plus Blizz would have to revamp Pandaria (or just leave it out of the timeline like Outland and Northrend).

So yeah, they'll probably leave him in place. But that means they'll have to make the next warchief super epic so people realize he's there.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kelln12 View Post
    I hope the instance portal is in Durotar, and not in CoT.
    Same, totally same.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    in the 5.1 Dominance/Shieldwall questline, the Horde has been expelled from the Kirin Tor and thus Dalaran City, but I can still go there as a horde char.