1. #1

    Start crying about Arms, 5.2 is still a long way from release more changes are coming

    From the front page:
    • For Arms, we are going to try Overpower proc'ing Sudden Death instead of autoattacks. This will make haste slightly worse (which we can fix) but we hope will help make the rotation slightly more compelling, since autoattack procs can feel really random. With Overpower you can anticipate it a little more.


    • Likewise, Overpower will cost no rage in Execute range. We agree that saving rage for Overpower and spending it all on Execute don't play well together.

    • We haven't made a tuning pass on Arms (or any spec) yet. Don't fret about DPS numbers at this stage.

  2. #2
    What do you want us to discuss? All you did was quote the front page and hit post. I honestly don't know how I feel about overpower with a rage cost, I feel it may push slam out of our rotation completely and make Heroic Strike only during Deadly calm.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    What do you want us to discuss? All you did was quote the front page and hit post. I honestly don't know how I feel about overpower with a rage cost, I feel it may push slam out of our rotation completely and make Heroic Strike only during Deadly calm.
    Discuss the changes to sudden death and overpower?

    Deadly Calm was removed and slam's damage was buffed, so heroic strike is practically worthless now.

  4. #4
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    What do you want us to discuss? All you did was quote the front page and hit post. I honestly don't know how I feel about overpower with a rage cost, I feel it may push slam out of our rotation completely and make Heroic Strike only during Deadly calm.
    i believe they removed deadly calm altogether. i like having overpower costing no rage during execute range and overpower procing sudden death. i think it will give good synergy during the execute phase. the fact that the numbers arent tuned is a reassuring one as i, and many others, enjoy playing arms but feel that we are unable to given its lack of performance compared to fury. i have a feeling that they may end up lowering slam cost before 5.2 goes live. we'll see.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Discuss the changes to sudden death and overpower?

    Deadly Calm was removed and slam's damage was buffed, so heroic strike is practically worthless now.
    Aah I guess I missed some of the earlier changes about Deadly Calm and Slam damage buff. It would seem that Heroic Strike will go back to how it was being used in Cata, where it is only used above 60-70 rage during Colossus Smash. But with Overpower now also costing rage you probably won't see it at all apart from high incoming damage phases with Berserker Stance.

    Having more Sudden Death procs I don't like at all, Sudden Death procs are one of the reasons I prefer the Fury playstyle much more than Arms. Also with Overpower costing no rage and proccing Sudden Death it would make the Arms Execute range DPS far too high and possibly need their pre-20% damage lowered so in the end it is about even, but then you run into the issue of Arms not performing well on bosses with short execute ranges (like Amber Shaper HC)
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-01-25 at 07:28 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by enjay View Post
    i believe they removed deadly calm altogether. i like having overpower costing no rage during execute range and overpower procing sudden death. i think it will give good synergy during the execute phase. the fact that the numbers arent tuned is a reassuring one as i, and many others, enjoy playing arms but feel that we are unable to given its lack of performance compared to fury. i have a feeling that they may end up lowering slam cost before 5.2 goes live. we'll see.
    Agreed, this should make the execute phase on fights more interesting.

  7. #7
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,174
    If they'd just lower Overpower's rage cost to 5 I wouldn't mind these changes at all, Slam only costing 20 rage is also way overdue.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  8. #8
    this is just pve changes,arms warriors are still going to be fucked next patch.even in battle stance arms can not keep up there rotation.having free op's does nothing the first 80% of the fight.hell even for pve warriors all i think this does is make warriors even more dependent on execute phases.

    all blizz has to do is revert the op nerf making it rage free again, problem solved.d-stance has been nerfed,no need for rage cost on op now.

  9. #9
    What exactly do you suggest? We sit down in silence and don't speak up about changes we disagree with?

    The entire point of PTR is to introduce changes and then have players test those changes. Then they collect the feedback and examine whether those changes are in the best interest of the class.

    If you say nothing then Blizzard will assume that the changes are fine and will likely push them through. Some of the changes are fine, others not so much, and Blizzard needs to be made aware of it so they do further fine-tuning and strike a balance.

  10. #10
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Having more Sudden Death procs I don't like at all, Sudden Death procs are one of the reasons I prefer the Fury playstyle much more than Arms. Also with Overpower costing no rage and proccing Sudden Death it would make the Arms Execute range DPS far too high and possibly need their pre-20% damage lowered so in the end it is about even, but then you run into the issue of Arms not performing well on bosses with short execute ranges (like Amber Shaper HC)
    oh interesting, the sudden death mechanic is one of the reasons i prefer arms.

    i agree with you about execute damage. i always believed that it should be lower overall with more damage going towards our other abilities. i believe the reason they channelled so much of our damage into execute was to limit the damage we do in pvp. the pvp/pve damage balance is something that, it seems, will always be a problem.

    ultimately, if arms' single target, non execute damage was raised, there would be outcry from the pvp world as many feel it is too high as it is.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 12:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    this is just pve changes,arms warriors are still going to be fucked next patch.even in battle stance arms can not keep up there rotation.having free op's does nothing the first 80% of the fight.hell even for pve warriors all i think this does is make warriors even more dependent on execute phases.

    all blizz has to do is revert the op nerf making it rage free again, problem solved.d-stance has been nerfed,no need for rage cost on op now.
    i agree that overpower doesn't need to have a rage cost at all. even a token 5 rage cost is too much. the problem was with dstance's 25% dmg reduction and that has been addressed. no need to change overpower too.

  11. #11
    I stopped reading at start crying

    not gonna speculate onto something that is still in discussion between devs

  12. #12
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,779
    Part of the reason there are changes coming down the pike is BECAUSE people complain and show blizzard why their design is shit.

  13. #13
    Since they reverted the cooldown on MS back to 6 seconds, it feels boring. The problem, in my humble opinion, is that they increased the window between MS from 2 global fillers to 3 without giving us a new ability such as Wild Strike for Fury. This problem is further compounded by the fact that they removed having to re-apply Rend during the rotation. Now don't get me wrong, I support the removal of Rend, but the Arms "toolkit" feels bland and dull.
    Last edited by Flexecute; 2013-01-26 at 03:16 AM.

  14. #14
    Arms is perpetually the bastard child of PVE specs; let's just go back to the BC mindset where they made it almost exclusively for PVP.

  15. #15
    Blizz thoughts on counter spell they will not remove it because..

    "It is a shift we still plan to make, but we don't think patch 5.2 is the right time to make it. There are a great deal of instant spells and we don't think it is fair or reasonable to remove them all and force so many players (many of whom might not even participate in PvP) to re-learn their class mid-expansion."

    So they say they don't want to slightly change 1 ability because they dont want a class to change its play style mid expansion.... yet this 1 patch alone they have re hauled almost half of our abilities and we are going to be completely different to how we are live... i get where you are comming from blizz

  16. #16
    you know it's seeming like blizzard aims to keep other classes balanced but just want to keep warriors from being overpowered. leaving us bleeding and dying after a patch isn't a concern.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •