Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Another addition, worthy of notice:

- Shuriken toss will not proc utility poisons, neither from the ST itself, nor from ranged autoattacks. No more ranged crippling/paralytic.

The blanket silence nerfs were retarded in the first place. Like has been mentioned, it would require adjustments to instant cast heals. You can't have one without the other, guys. Remove your bias goggles.

To quote Venruki:

I actually think this is a bigger problem, healers have too many instants/Aura mastery effects. I'd much rather a game where I didn't have blanket silence BUT healers had to cast to heal.

I'm so glad this change was reverted with the current state of the game.
    Currently, melee cleaves that train a single target all game are more popular than wizard cleaves.
    Last edited by Mican17; 2013-01-26 at 06:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    8 years ago you couldn't cc someone for 15sec with instant casts
    8 Years ago you were dead in 4 seconds

Well, in fact nothing much has changed then, except the exponential increase of all forms of control. It's what makes me resent PvPing each and every time.

/cheers at all the monks I saw leveling in the last 2 weeks only because on old RoP OPness.

Good changes though. And blank slience is needed as casters do not cast anymore (or only rarely for some: pally / sham / destro lock)

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    /cheers at all the monks I saw leveling in the last 2 weeks only because on old RoP OPness.

Good changes though. And blank slience is needed as casters do not cast anymore (or only rarely for some: pally / sham / destro lock)
    I would have been fine with blanket silence removal if there weren't so many classes reliant on instants. Bring back actual cast time spells imo .

I loved my WotLK Arc mage, and yes they were OP for a while....but at least they actually had to expose their cast bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is bad for DK's. Now being able to getting silencefucked again my mages and locks. They should really make DK's only being able to get disarmed, it pretty fucked up being able to get disarmed and silenced.

And the Cyclone revert was really needed. Resto Druids and Boomkins really need their cyclone, atleast boomkins.
    Last edited by Machomaije; 2013-01-26 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Yey, so now u can continue to open with a deepfreeze follow it up with a blanket silence and kill my ele shaman ass, GG. Next season will be wonderful<3
    Class balanced is based around High Rated 3v3. If you have an issue with dying like that then your team should honestly learn to play a bit better.

Polymorph lasted 45 seconds in vanilla and PoM was available to all mage specs.

Talk about rose tinted glasses.

More importantly resilience scaling appears to be nerfed on the PTR. Yay for more burst incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    I might be wrong but don't Elemental get Shamanistic Rage next season? When Glyphed it can actually act as a trinket for deep freeze (it clears magic buffs iirc). Pretty huge buff to survivability and means you can Sham first deep, trinket 2nd, sham 3rd and maybe get your healer to use a CD on the 4th or get peeled. For the 5th your trinket will be back up, for 6th Sham will be back up. We're talking 6 minutes worth of deep freezes and you've only eaten 1. (assuming you don't trinket a CC etc).
    Still doesn't help vs Silence, since you cannot use SR while silenced.

And thanks to the Totemnerf Shaman in general is now along with Disc / Holy Priest the most vulnuerable class to silence effects, since you can only use Astral Shift while silenced, personally i was actually looking forward to use Nature's Guardian as Elemental, but with these changes i'm gonna need a def CD that works while silenced.

And since RoP, Rogues Changes and Strangulate buff, you will see even more silence effects than before.

If SR would be useable while silenced, it would help a lot because other Classes such as Sp / Mage / Pally still can use their big defensive CD's while silenced, as Shaman you can do nothing while silenced except Astral shift.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-01-26 at 02:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    don't worry, you're getting another defensive that sucks!
    To be completely correct, with the ShamRage glyph, he could break deep and "only" have the blanket fuck him. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for my ele to be viable in PvP, but oh well...

Edit: I knod of didn't realize there were already 3 pages so I should've known your statement was already dealt with^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    This means Shadow priest is going to be the lesser now along the lines with other caster balance (not by much). With the DP nerf and FH nerf, and blankets reverted for both of these... I wouldnt be surprised if they revert the DP change now.
    DP was not a problem, that small burst was balanced. It semed like they nerfed just to say that something was done. Shadow is not so OP but if we want to say what makes it what it is now, it's the procs which they don't touch because it would affect pve.

Deleted
    Spriest back in the shadow of mage and warlock (no pun intended)

Thats how it always will be i guess

You're right, 8 years ago you could CC them for 6 months because DR didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Spriest back in the shadow of mage and warlock (no pun intended)

Thats how it always will be i guess
    Not entirely true. Warlocks are getting a new shittier design to blood fear. I think it works like ice ward. That instant fear made warlocks pretty tough to beat.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    im ok with locks having back the blanket back and they have a fear. thats ok cc. mages should not get it back. frost jaw, rof, deep, poly, nova snares, blanket cs. still too much control, get rid of one please.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    You're right, 8 years ago you could CC them for 6 months because DR didn't exist.
    I can't find anything that supports this claim. The earliest DR addition to patches I can find is Patch 1.4

"Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): A handful of spells were added to the list of spells subject to diminishing returns in PvP". Added to, meaning the Diminishing Returns were there.

I don't mind being wrong, but I never could find anything about this claim. Could you point me into that direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    I can't find anything that supports this claim. The earliest DR addition to patches I can find is Patch 1.4

"Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): A handful of spells were added to the list of spells subject to diminishing returns in PvP". Added to, meaning the Diminishing Returns were there.

I don't mind being wrong, but I never could find anything about this claim. Could you point me into that direction?
    Read the rest of the patch note you just quoted, that was the addition of DR to slowing/rooting spells.

"We've identified this short list of spells as having durations and cooldowns sufficient to almost permanently slow or immobilize targets but without adequate controls or other limiting factors."

"When a spell with diminishing returns is used against a target in PvP, the first effect has full duration. On the second use of the same category of spell (e.g. slowing), that spell's duration is reduced by 50%. On the third use, the duration is reduced by 75%. On the fourth attempt, the target becomes immune to the spell."
    Last edited by Assumi; 2013-01-26 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    Read the rest of the patch note you just quoted, that was the addition of DR to slowing/rooting spells.

"We've identified this short list of spells as having durations and cooldowns sufficient to almost permanently slow or immobilize targets but without adequate controls or other limiting factors."

"When a spell with diminishing returns is used against a target in PvP, the first effect has full duration. On the second use of the same category of spell (e.g. slowing), that spell's duration is reduced by 50%. On the third use, the duration is reduced by 75%. On the fourth attempt, the target becomes immune to the spell."
    Indeed it is, your point being? That is the earliest part of Diminishing Returns, nothing after that states it's added Diminishing Returns for CCs, just that they've changed which CCs DR with which.

Again, please point me into the right direction here, unless there is no direction.

Deleted
    I approve of the cyclone change. I don't approve of the CS/SL reversions though. Now that ''interrupts'' are homogenized in terms of lockout duration / cooldown, it makes no sense for blankets to stay. It basically means they're vastly superior to other interrupts.