Deleted

Affliction BiS professions?

Would assume them to be Engineering and Tailoring, due to the proccy/cooldowny nature of their bonuses. However, I noticed that, in the most recent 5.1 results on SimulationCrafts website, that they have them set to Engineering + Enchanting. Is this an error or is Enchanting somehow better than Tailoring?

Also, how about Destruction/Demonology?
    Last edited by mmocec95b0aeea; 2013-01-25 at 08:08 PM.

Engineering and Tailoring are superior because our normal dot damage is 30-40% of our total so we can abuse it to squeeze out more of the profession perks. Add MG/DS to that and we gain even more. JC+BS might come close as the value of secondary stats start pull ahead of Intellect but right now nahhh, not really. If you have enchanting and you can afford dropping it you really should. Don't trust SimCraft for min/maxing. It's not close to optimized for us.

I use tailoring and blacksmiting. If 320 mastery starts sim'ing over 160 int for you, you can gem 640 mastery over 320 int. This of course only applies to affliction.

Tailoring,Engineering, BS, everything but JCing, JCing

In that order.

Deleted
    Engineering might be good on paper, but in real world it's a real pain in ass. The big problem with it is that springs put your trinkets on cooldowns and vice versa. So in the best case scenario, you'll simply will not have the bonus from profession every time you pop your CD's, in worst case scenario, you'll miss your trinkets completely (i.e. if you rely on macro to use them).

i would go herbalism and tailoring

popping lifeblood b4 darksoul = <3

JC only gives 150% for secondary stats? If that's the case then scratch what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Engineering might be good on paper, but in real world it's a real pain in ass. The big problem with it is that springs put your trinkets on cooldowns and vice versa. So in the best case scenario, you'll simply will not have the bonus from profession every time you pop your CD's, in worst case scenario, you'll miss your trinkets completely (i.e. if you rely on macro to use them).
    What? Bind it to all your abilities and you can still get the benefit of powering up your dots (which last longer than synapse) OR save it to time it with other procs/CD's to get even a higher benefit.

Synapse Springs only becomes bad when we have use trinkets. If you're raiding you shouldn't have any this tier and for T15 we haven't seen any use tinkets either.

God I hate when people indirectly argue against me without even thinking before posting. Thanks for reminding me why I haven't posted in some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    i would go herbalism and tailoring
    Lifeblood is 2880 haste every 120s. Synapse Springs is 1920 intellect every 60s. Try be objective (use your brain) before posting. Kthx.
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2013-01-25 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    what? no one has on-use trinkets anymore, those are usually really bad.

engineering is actually pretty amazing. you can sync synapse springs with your (4pT14) dark soul:misery perfectly and you have really nice utility with nitro boosts aswell.

Engineering and Tailoring.

2nd Lightweave and 2nd Synapse Springs sync up with Light of the Cosmos.

Affliction favours this for more optimal Haunt usage.
    Demonology favours this for optimal Dooms and Metamorphosis usage.
    Destruction favours this for optimal Chaos Bolt usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Lifeblood is 2880 haste every 120s. Synapse Springs is 1920 intellect every 60s. Try be objective (use your brain) before posting. Kthx.
    actually it's 2880 haste, plus another 30% of that through DS, which will be alligned with DS everytime next tier, it makes your dots tick like crazy and your nightfall procs seem endless...try not to be a smarmy turd when you post mmk

Infracted for flaming
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-01-27 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    actually it's 2880 haste, plus another 30% of that through DS, which will be alligned with DS everytime next tier, it makes your dots tick like crazy and your nightfall procs seem endless...try not to be a smarmy turd when you post mmk
    Synapse Springs has a cd of 60 seconds vs. the 120 seconds for lifeblood. So in that time you would either gain 2880 haste or 3840 intellect, 1920 of that intellect being used during DS granted you have the 4 piece. The haste looks nice but the intellect is going to be better.