Question Help With Elegon

Hi gang. My guild has just starting trying to take down Elegon. I want to do the best I can to help them. My question is what to use when. I have the Arrow Flight Medallion and the Hawkmaster's talon for trinks. I guess I am wondering when you guys use these along with your other cool downs. Do you use them on Elegon itself? Or do you use them on the adds or the orbs for that matter? Your thoughts and strats would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wveil1 View Post
    Hi gang. My guild has just starting trying to take down Elegon. I want to do the best I can to help them. My question is what to use when. I have the Arrow Flight Medallion and the Hawkmaster's talon for trinks. I guess I am wondering when you guys use these along with your other cool downs. Do you use them on Elegon itself? Or do you use them on the adds or the orbs for that matter? Your thoughts and strats would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    it depends on your strategy and your performance. if you struggle to take down orbs, use them on an orb phase. if you're struggling with protector timing, do it on the boss.

Deleted
    There's generally two ways you can go about this. If the Protector is tanked next to Elegon until 25% (that's when it starts pulsating AOE and becomes widely annoying), you should spec combat and try to align KS and AR/SB with those short burst phases. If Protector is tanked on the edge of the platform (most common strategy), spec assassination and use your cooldowns on Elegon. Most ideal times for this are: on pull; when you're letting sparks through, just before pillars; and all of last phase. If your guild is struggling with the adds that spawn consider using G91 Landshark instead of your second agi pot - but only as a last resort.

For talents you want Shadowstep so you can drop off your stacks fast without losing too much uptime on Elegon. It's also a nifty tool to help kill a spark that's about to leak. Sprint should be used as often as possible; glyph Feint and use for each <25% on Protectors as well as during Total Annihilation (you usually need to cast 2 Feints to mitigate both), and when sparks begin to die. Rest your stacks as often as you can, and Recuperate excess CPs when Redirect is on cooldown.