Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Have you witnessed a death up close?

Have you ever seen or witnessed someone's death? If so, what happened? And how did it impact you?

Deleted
    Far too many times, even once was more than enough. The details are not important and I am curious as to why you are asking such morbid questions.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Far too many times, even once was more than enough. The details are not important and I am curious as to why you are asking such morbid questions.
    I want to know how other people dealt with it, sorry for asking.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I seen animals die up close (for food obviously) if that counts.

I was in Afghanistan and was walking to the mess hall when out of no where, Afghan army soldiers pull up and pulled a bunch of there dead/dying out the back of the truck and put them in wheel barrels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    I want to know how other people dealt with it
    I turned to drink, I am over it now but it hits everybody different, Some may not even react to it until years later. I have known people just shrug it off and carry on, only to see them crying in a broken heap a few months later because of the same incident.

Some sick fucks even get their jollies off it, watch those types closely.

Deleted
    My aunts BF was driving alone at night in the country side (County armagh), it was dark and he was tired and ended up hitting a deer.

He killed himself a month or so after and left a note(Which i never read, but my aunt told the others the gist was he couldnt live with the guilt and it could of all too easily been a child), i saw his corpse in the guest room.

Overall wasnt a pleasent trip to ireland, but could of went... fuck.

I haven't seen someone die. I have seen dead family members. And pretty soon i will be going to see a lot of dead people up close and open.

Deleted
    Up until about 4 years ago I thought I was carrying some sort of weird curse - I found a dead tramp in a wheelbarrow when I was a child in the forest, I saw a guy have a heart attack on a petrol station forecourt, and I also saw a cyclist get hit by a car and die on the road.

Then I went to Afghanistan and erm, yeah.

It doesn't really phase me to be honest with you - For a few months after I got back I was hyper-sensitive to noises, crowded spaces, etc... Had few flashbacks and nightmares, was a little spaced out. I did what most people did - drink with friends - re-live experiences over alcohol with them, talk about it openly and honestly with people that wouldn't judge me, no matter what came out of my mouth and yeah, I got over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just once. It was on the first time I left my home to spend a few days with some friends out. There was this guy who I had met in WoW who had already mentioned many times how we should all hang out sometime, and since he was a real life friend of a real life friend of mine, we ended up arranging it easily. During the time we were there some sort of seasonal parties were happening, and there we went. On the last night there, I met a girl who was the guy's friend. We didn't talk much. She had some sort of heart problem at the end of the night, she ended up dying there.

I don't know what impacted me more. The death of a person who I had just met, or her friends reacting to it... perhaps a mix of the two. Suffice to say, it was pretty scarring at the time, and I didn't react well at all. I didn't have any drastic reactions, I merely cried and got nervous as hell, but I'm sure that had it been someone closer, it could have been much worse. I'd rather not go through witnessing another death in front of me though. Losing someone we love is hard, watching it happen must be absolutely heart and mind crushing. I honestly don't know how I dealt with it that one time. I just tried to not think too much of it. But like I said, I didn't know her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Up until about 4 years ago I thought I was carrying some sort of weird curse - I found a dead tramp in a wheelbarrow when I was a child in the forest, I saw a guy have a heart attack on a petrol station forecourt, and I also saw a cyclist get hit by a car and die on the road.

Then I went to Afghanistan and erm, yeah.

It doesn't really phase me to be honest with you - For a few months after I got back I was hyper-sensitive to noises, crowded spaces, etc... Had few flashbacks and nightmares, was a little spaced out. I did what most people did - drink with friends - re-live experiences over alcohol with them, talk about it openly and honestly with people that wouldn't judge me, no matter what came out of my mouth and yeah, I got over it.
    Some people deal with it differently, but for myself. I need to have a REAL connection with the person to feel that sense of loss, if i come across my aunts bf who hung himself i didnt really react to it. I mean, i met him 2 or 3 times but as a person we never connected or knew each other too well. Other than the fact he boned her... i didnt know his ambitions in life, or what he was thinking at the time.

Deleted
    Not yet.
    /10chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Some people deal with it differently, but for myself. I need to have a REAL connection with the person to feel that sense of loss, if i come across my aunts bf who hung himself i didnt really react to it. I mean, i met him 2 or 3 times but as a person we never connected or knew each other too well. Other than the fact he boned her... i didnt know his ambitions in life, or what he was thinking at the time.
    Yeah I can understand that totally. I mean the random strangers in the street - I felt no loss, just felt a bit awkward more than anything. Afghan was a different kettle of fish because generally those I saw dead were, you know, directly and indirectly caused by me. Not that I'll ever mourn their loss but it was definitely a strange notion to rationalise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never witnessed a death up close but I've seen someone dead or someone I know. It's...a quiet thing. I stay silent like the night at funerals. That is just how I deal with death.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Not necessarily close, depends on your definition of close, was maybe a block away. But I did see a dump truck run over a person at the mall I was working at idk, 8 or 9 years ago. Can't say it affected me that much as I didn't know the person, it was more of a "well that's pretty bad..." Another coworker I witnessing it at the same time was kind of shaken up by it. Needless to say it was not a pretty sight as it had knocked them over and rolled over their midsection.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Yeah I can understand that totally. I mean the random strangers in the street - I felt no loss, just felt a bit awkward more than anything. Afghan was a different kettle of fish because generally those I saw dead were, you know, directly and indirectly caused by me. Not that I'll ever mourn their loss but it was definitely a strange notion to rationalise.
    I was actually a bit worried that i was unusual in that line of thought, since alot of people like to throw that serial killer shit around...

But it's good to hear im not alone in that thinking, as for your tours in afghan... That shit must be grim... Im not sure if i even passed the training i'd be able to handle knowing that your best mate could be dead, or worst. Fucking maimed for life by an IED... It'd wreck my nerve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not yet.
    Feb. 4th I'm starting my hospital clinical in the trauma unit. I'm going to be around a whole lot of death, and I have no idea how I'm going to feel about it or how I'm going to deal with those feeling.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw a guy die once, he jumped in front of a train and well... he died, lots of blood, I stood at a safe distance of 60 feet and it made a small impact on me, made me think why people are so insane, but I think the impact on him was harder.

Quote Originally Posted by wimbo125 View Post
    but I think the impact on him was harder.
    ba-dum-dum-tsch?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Only animals, when putting down sick dogs etc, it's awful :/
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne