Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I work at Walmart, one of my managers I am on a social basis just told me of a disturbing policy change the higher ups are talking about implementing.

As of a few years ago we already no longer hire full time employees at all unless they are retired military in which case we slingshot them to salaried positions if they can.

Since the Affordable Healthcare Act we they now talking about instituting a new one.

If put into effect, all civilians will only longer be hired on a temporary basis and just cycled out and rehired for a new season as needed. The exception to this are retired military who are to be offered permanent full time positions.

So, the only way to work a position for the company where they would actually be required to offer benefits are to be someone who doesn't need them so Walmart can mooch off tricare since it will not be able to mooch off Medicare and Medicaid so much anymore......

God this company makes me sick but I have no choice but to work here till another job comes along which is limited due to a back injury I sustained in basic which I am currently dealing with the Department of Veteran Affairs for to get the VA Hospital to look at it.

Can't Walmart get sued for a change like this or something? I am not a lawyer but I really hope so cause as it stands now, they are already one of the most taxpayer subsidized private company I have ever seen that is this destructive to the american economy and the american worker.
    This is honestly the most idiotic thing I've read in a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Clearly its their own faults for voting for that commie Obama and not submitting to the threats of the CEOs.
    You know what's really sad? I honestly can't tell if this is sarcastic or not. Seriously, I can't. =/

I assume sarcastic, considering you're from Canada. :P

But it is terrifying that there are people here who would literally say what you're saying and honestly believe they were doing good and the right thing by saying that. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, why does everything seem to revolve around sucking a soldier's dick in the US.

I constantly see these stupid rules or laws that make exceptions for soldiers. Or people just straight up giving discounts or even free stuff to them in restaurants.

Having respect or something is one thing but the amount of worship that goes to them is sickening. Nobody gives that kind of attention to an ambulance driver who saves lives as his job. But a guy with a gun who was off shooting brown people? Give that guy a free coffee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    The deep reasoning why many stay away.
    Hey, I'm just telling the truth here.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    You KNEW this is coming, as soon as that act got passed, many people saw that coming, that is why many company warned their employee not the vote for it or it could be consequences.

The bill got passed, company need to do what they can to look after their bottom line, hence your situation.

Blame the government.
    So we should let greedy corporations like Wal-mart dictate our national policy? FUCK THAT. Corporations should not rule our country, directly or indirectly.

Wal-mart is a piece of shit and this is yet another justification to my refusal to shop there.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you shouldnt be so damn entitled. How about earning your benefits. Go join the military and serve your country instead of just benefiting from those of us who did. You get full benefits while enlisted as well as pay, and when you get out, then you can get a salaried job at Walmart with benefits if you want to
    Last edited by Orlong; 2013-01-26 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Maybe you shouldnt be so damn entitled. How about earning your benefits. Go join the military like a lot of us did. You get full benefits while enlisted as well as pay, and when you get out, then you can get a salaried job at Walmart with benefits if you want to
    Oh yeah, more grunts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you shouldnt be so damn entitled. How about earning your benefits. Go join the military like a lot of us did. You get full benefits while enlisted as well as pay, and when you get out, then you can get a salaried job at Walmart with benefits if you want to
    Careful, logic like that only draws the ire of the powers-that-be apparently.

You hit the nail on the head, "entitled" this is the "entitled generation" that's coming into adulthood. Prepare for a lot more whining and gnashing of teeth in the next few years.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Personally I would be happy if national healthcare covered everything the most generous health insurance company covers(like an average plan). They can still charge copays or split part of the cost with the patient to ensure its not abused if they want.
    To accomplish what you're asking for, taxes are either going to have to go through the roof or the patient is going to foot a majority of the bill (for expensive procedures like surgeries).

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Maybe you shouldnt be so damn entitled. How about earning your benefits. Go join the military and serve your country instead of just benefiting from those of us who did. You get full benefits while enlisted as well as pay, and when you get out, then you can get a salaried job at Walmart with benefits if you want to
    So basically military service jobs land you a Walmart position.
    This is bad in two ways:
    1 - after working in military, I would imagine you can do more than a minimum wage job, which i think is what Walmart pays. I would prefer military service be a requirement (or a big positive) for law-enforcement, security, firefighters/ems/any-other-emergency-service I can't come up with. There should be an armed person on every flight (air marshal), and military pilots should be able to do that job + the job of a pilot. Minimum wage jobs should be almost out of picture for veterans.

2 - military becomes mandatory for low-skilled jobs. this is similar to forced service for the disadvantaged. If you have college degree, you won't be fighting for these jobs, so you won't serve. but if you are fighting for these jobs, you kind of have to sign up for military - not because of your patriotism, but because you want to eat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy. Join the military so you can get a job working for Walmart. Sure sounds appealing.

People do not seem to understand the actual reason for all this type of stuff at wallmart and many other retail/fast food type jobs. The problems is Americans demand to have everything at the lowest possible price. Americans refuse to make choices anymore, they just have to have every damned thing they see, and they refuse to wait, save up and make choices.

Americans buy more crap from wallmart (and other stores) in their lifetime that will end up mostly unused and in the trash (or in a basement collecting dust) than most other people in world will ever buy in their entire lives.

Obamacare and wallmart executives are not the problem, it is the insatiable appetite of the American consumer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the military isn't for everybody.

Sure, I got tricare for my time in the Reserves, but I still think claiming that everyone who wants healthcare should enlist is ridiculous.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Because the military isn't for everybody.

Sure, I got tricare for my time in the Reserves, but I still think claiming that everyone who wants healthcare should enlist is ridiculous.
    Why not? In my opinion, If they arent willing to defend the freedoms of our country then they dont deserve to partake in them.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Oh boy. Join the military so you can get a job working for Walmart. Sure sounds appealing.
    According to the OP the military vets are being given SALARIED positions at Walmart with decent pay and benefits. Whats wrong with with a job like that
    ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? In my opinion, If they arent willing to defend the freedoms of our country then they dont deserve to partake in them.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 11:25 PM ----------

According to the OP the military vets are being given SALARIED positions at Walmart with decent pay and benefits. Whats wrong with with a job like that
    ?
    not everyone is cut out for military life.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think people should go in the military just to be well off or at least suggesting it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's extrapolate this further, then. You specifically state "freedoms," which would generally be defined by the constitution. So, to extend this out, you're arguing that you don't get rights unless you serve in the military.
    ?
    I wouldn't be too thrilled if the best I could do after serving in the military is Walmart. Then again, I hate Walmart, so I guess if you like it it wouldn't be an issue.

Edit: Suppose I should clarify. I don't hate Walmart for their business practices. I hate Walmart because every time I have to go to one I feel uncomfortable. Always feels second rate.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2013-01-26 at 05:07 AM.

Companies can't report record profits by doing stupid shit like offering health insurance.
    Last edited by FireBorne; 2013-01-26 at 05:09 AM.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

And you wonder why I'd rather go to a grocery store(Especially the one I work at), Costco, or Target than Wal-Mart.

So... we're now the United States of Wal-Mart?