Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Can i sue you for not hiring me to do work around your house?

The 29.5 hourly work week is something a lot of companies are doing, not just wal mart.

Instead of bashing walmart you may wanna bash the policy that made them change. Swallow your pride and address the problem, not the result.

I bought a foodsaver and a case of beer at walmart a few days ago, it was a great shopping experience.
    The Waltons need another boat or jet at the expense of employees.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll believe it when I see it, but I wouldn't put anything past Wal-Mart. They're working diligently to make sure they're the most evil company on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Can i sue you for not hiring me to do work around your house?

The 29.5 hourly work week is something a lot of companies are doing, not just wal mart.

Instead of bashing walmart you may wanna bash the policy that made them change. Swallow your pride and address the problem, not the result.

I bought a foodsaver and a case of beer at walmart a few days ago, it was a great shopping experience.
    The problem is companies refuse to take care of their employees and a law was passed that was to partially address this but was incorrectly implemented so instead of having our healthcare paid for by taxes so they couldn't dodge taking care of their employees we got what we did which they are trying to avoid so they can continue to have record setting profit margins while continuing to pay record setting low wages.

So the problem: Companies policies of screwing their employs out of what they earned. No need for me to swallow my pride on that one, I am not a Walton who does need to own up.

The result: What we currently have now and what we have had for years before this bill was passed.

So instead of blaming the real cause, ObamaCare, you'd rather blame Wal-Mart. Typical.

Everyone with more than 2 brain cells knew ObamaCare was going to be a complete disaster, but the lib-tards wanted it anyway so it was forced down our throats. Now deal with the consequences. Lord knows we all have to.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-01-25 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    So instead of blaming the real cause, ObamaCare, you'd rather blame Wal-Mart. Typical.

Everyone with more than 2 brain cells knew ObamaCare was going to be a complete disaster, but the lib-tards wanted it anyway so it was forced down our throats. Now deal with the consequences. Lord knows we all have to.
    Because a company like Walmart with over 440 Billion in revenue can't afford to pay for employee benefits?

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Because a company like Walmart with over 440 Billion in revenue can't afford to pay for employee benefits?
    It's none of your damned business what they do with their revenue.

You don't like it, work somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account

Which is exactly how it will continue to work. If people don't like only being allowed part-time work, they'll go elsewhere.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

No I just choose to shop elsewhere. But I can see you're on the side of "fucking over the help."

10+ Year Old Account

There's really no need to spin this into political shit, when Wal-Mart has been actively trying to screw its employees over for many many years before any of this ever occurred.

Obamacare, though poorly implemented, wasn't the cause.

The cause are companies refusing to do their jobs in regards to taking care of their employees. If they had been doing their jobs the Obamacare thing would have never been passed. THAT is your cause.

Obamacare was bad, but the disaster is what caused it to be thought up to begin with. Anyone with half a brain cell and an awareness of the situation knows that.

No I just choose to shop elsewhere.
    Whatever makes you feel better.

10+ Year Old Account
    This crap is why my parents and I will drive an extra 15 minutes to go get our groceries from somewhere else despite the fact Walmart is 5 minutes away.

It's our business because they are a publicly traded company. Anyway this is a joke. If they actually put this into effect I could see boycotting of Wal-mart being a reality. I know I will.

Deleted
    That's capitalism for you, stop voting for democrats/republicans if you want things changed.

Whatever makes you feel better.
    Many things make me feel better. Most I can't post here...

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Which is exactly how it will continue to work. If people don't like only being allowed part-time work, they'll go elsewhere.
    Yeah, if you don't like this part time job, then you can go to this other company for their part time job sense they had to do the same changes to compete with us. Oh, you are coming back to us for the part time job now since there are no more full time jobs out there? Sorry, we only hire temp labor now.

What, you are retired military? Well why didn't you say so! Here you go, you are getting hired for permanent full time but you are not allowed any overtime and you can never apply for benefits since you already have tricare.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone who has access to both Walmart and Costco, I'd highly recommend transitioning all your business to Costco. They pay well above minimum wage with benefits.

The Wal Mart heirs alone are worth more than 42% of American families. You can see why people generally don't pity that corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by WarFalcon1 View Post
    It's our business because they are a publicly traded company. Anyway this is a joke. If they actually put this into effect I could see boycotting of Wal-mart being a reality. I know I will.
    You own Wal-mart stock? If not, it's none of your business.

Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    For anyone who has access to both Walmart and Costco, I'd highly recommend transitioning all your business to Costco. They pay well above minimum wage with benefits.
    I can agree with this, also cuz the Costco here has a polish deli in it and they make the most ridiculously delicious polish dog ever.