Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    You own Wal-mart stock? If not, it's none of your business.
    Actually, if he has a Walmart effecting his economy, that makes it his business.

My mutual fund does.

Stop slobbering on the Walton cock for a minute and take a look around the real world.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Polish sesagh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    For anyone who has access to both Walmart and Costco, I'd highly recommend transitioning all your business to Costco. They pay well above minimum wage with benefits.
    Yeah, but unfortunately, there aren't enough Costco's around. I've never lived anywhere that has had one nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    For anyone who has access to both Walmart and Costco, I'd highly recommend transitioning all your business to Costco. They pay well above minimum wage with benefits.
    Trust me, I have been praying for a Costco to open around here, the closest one is just under a 2 hour drive from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Obamacare, though poorly implemented, wasn't the cause.

The cause are companies refusing to do their jobs in regards to taking care of their employees. If they had been doing their jobs the Obamacare thing would have never been passed. THAT is your cause.
    They arent your parents, they pay you to do a job.

Obamacare is why companys are now doing this, its no coincidence companys are suddenly implementing these policies in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post

Obamacare is why companys are now doing this, its no coincidence companys are suddenly implementing these policies in 2013.
    Because it's an easy scapegoat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, if he has a Walmart effecting his economy, that makes it his business.
    Our local walmart drove out our local Albersonsand put out of buisness our local Brookshires. So while I dont own anything walmart stock wise, it is affecting me personally as now I get to pay extra in gas to continue to not shop at walmart because they are a crappy company with crappy buisness ethics.

To everyone saying Target is better, it's not.
    I have worked for both in a darker poorer chapter of my life and let me tell you this: they are the same damn thing.

If anything Wal-mart is slightly better to work for, because Target pays minimum wage for pretty much every position, where as at Wal-mart the average base pay is almost $2 above minimum wage.

So if you are shopping at Target because they "treat their employees better" they don't, its the same shit retail job only the Target kiddies are getting paid less to do it.

How do they get away with this? two reasons: Somehow target became the "yuppie" store that people like, and everyone is so busy demonizing Wal-mart that Target can fly under the radar.

If you are boycotting wal-mart and shopping at Target you are a hypocrite, sorry.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I gladly sold off my Wal-Mart stock some time ago. I didn't want anything to do with that horrible company.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    If anything Wal-mart is slightly better to work for, because Target pays minimum wage for pretty much every position, where as at Wal-mart the average base pay is almost $2 above minimum wage.
    No, they don't. When I worked at Target in HS it was $8 / hr (I later scored a $0.50 / hr raise on my yearly review), the Team Leads were making $13-14 / hr + OT, and anything higher than that was salaried. Team Leads also had access to benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post

Trust me, if they were my parents I would emancipate myself.

They aren't my parents, they are my employer and in return for providing them with labor they are supposed to allow me to provide myself a life. Instead, they use taxpayer money to subsidize their wages through the use of EBT, Medicare, Medicaid, and low income housing. Soon they will be exploiting our military even more to get taxpayers to subsidize their workforce.

Obamacare is why they did this particular change, the but root of the problem are companies refusing to do their jobs and allow their employees to provide for themselves.

One thing you are right about, they should not have passed Obamacare in it's current form. They SHOULD have had healthcare paid directly through taxes and taken insurance out of the equation. That would have FORCED the companies to deal with it with no way of avoiding it and ,if you use ANY other first world country as an example, would have cut our healthcare costs in more than half in the long run with vastly improved quality of service.

Home Depot is already doing this shit. For every 1 full-time employee that leaves the company, they are trying to hire 2 part-timers in their place. No benefits payouts, so it's cheaper to have 2 part-timers than it is for 1 full-time. They still will have full-timers of course, but they'll keep it to the absolute minimum. And my manager wonders why I really don't give a shit about my job. But we both need each other. Without this sorry ass part-time job I'd be unemployed, and without me he'd need to find others that want to take his shit, which is getting harder for him around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    No, they don't. When I worked at Target it HS it was $8 / hr (I later scored a $0.50 / hr raise on my yearly review), the Team Leads were making $13-14 / hr + OT, and anything higher than that was salaried.
    It likely varies by region. If the job market can get by with only paying minimum wage that's what they'll do, if there's more competition for labour you'll probably find they offer more.

Is it early to start saying, I told you so............you wanted obamacare now you got it.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    It likely varies by region. If the job market can get by with only paying minimum wage that's what they'll do, if there's more competition for labour you'll probably find they offer more.
    And I'm in the Midwest, which is notoriously lower paying (lower cost of living) than the coasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    To everyone saying Target is better, it's not.
    I have worked for both in a darker poorer chapter of my life and let me tell you this: they are the same damn thing.

So if you are shopping at Target because they "treat their employees better" they don't, its the same shit retail job only the Target kiddies are getting paid less to do it.

How do they get away with this? two reasons: Somehow target became the "yuppie" store that people like, and everyone is so busy demonizing Wal-mart that Target can fly under the radar.

If you are boycotting wal-mart and shopping at Target you are a hypocrite, sorry.
    Walmart USED to pay better. Not anymore. It is $7.25 for minimum wage here, working overnight shift with the extra 50 cents per hour it gives and most of us still only make $7.95 an hour. The average person starts off at $7.25 to $7.45 per hour now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shennanigans View Post
    Is it early to start saying, I told you so............you wanted obamacare now you got it.
    It's just the scapegoat for this year...it's not like companies like WalMart haven't been trying to fuck over their staff for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me, if they were my parents I would emancipate myself.

They aren't my parents, they are my employer and in return for providing them with labor they are supposed to allow me to provide myself a life. Instead, they use taxpayer money to subsidize their wages through the use of EBT, Medicare, Medicaid, and low income housing. Soon they will be exploiting our military even more to get taxpayers to subsidize their workforce.

Obamacare is why they did this particular change, the but root of the problem are companies refusing to do their jobs and allow their employees to provide for themselves.

One thing you are right about, they should not have passed Obamacare in it's current form. They SHOULD have had healthcare paid directly through taxes and taken insurance out of the equation. That would have FORCED the companies to deal with it with no way of avoiding it and ,if you use ANY other first world country as an example, would have cut our healthcare costs in more than half in the long run with vastly improved quality of service.
    Yeah, that's a good point. Section 8 housing assistance, EBT, Medicaid, etc. all subsidize companies paying their employees less than a living wage.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!