Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
32
... LastLast
  1. #421
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    If you understood economics you would see the profit margin is no longer worth the risk. No buying power, no tax breaks and mandated health care for your employee's, good luck competing with walmart and amazon, lmao.
    riiiiiight.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  2. #422
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Its true, Obama has outlawed new businesses.
    It's not that difficult to set up a new business.

    Employing people? That's a whole other story.

  3. #423
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    riiiiiight.....
    You do realize that Walmart would not actually have wanted to resort to this hiring policy, as demonstrated by the fact that they didn't do this before Obamacare? Obamacare forced their hand.

    I'm not saying anything about Walmarts profits margins though, I'm not that into the finances of walmart.

  4. #424
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    You do realize that Walmart would not actually have wanted to resort to this hiring policy, as demonstrated by the fact that they didn't do this before Obamacare? Obamacare forced their hand.

    I'm not saying anything about Walmarts profits margins though, I'm not that into the finances of walmart.
    Here's what Chadwix said:

    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    You attitude is exactly why people used to start their own businesses, unfortunately thats no longer possible under obama.
    That's what I've been responding to. What does your post about Wal Mart have to do with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  5. #425
    Hopefully not anyone is surprised by this.

    This is the exact effect that was predicted months and months before Obamacare.

    Same with the Papa John's thing. Don't play stupid people.

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    That's what I've been responding to. What does your post about Wal Mart have to do with that?
    You have a one word response, you didnt respond to anything...

    Darden foods made the news as well, if you ask certain people its just a magical coincidence. This is almost a common practice now, no idea why people cant understand something so simple.

  7. #427
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This is fun to say, since it makes a point sound better, but I've yet to see good evidence that it's actually true.
    Are you saying America hasnt gone downhill? Our dollar is soon to be worthless.
    http://i5.minus.com/iT9gBOC94PbmU.jpg
    NON SINE DIIS ANIMOSUS INFANS
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  8. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by Riidii View Post
    Hopefully not anyone is surprised by this.

    This is the exact effect that was predicted months and months before Obamacare.

    Same with the Papa John's thing. Don't play stupid people.
    While it is precisely what a lot of these worst-to-work-for companies said they would do, people seem to be butthurt that they weren't bluffing.

  9. #429
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I think it's a bit better to gather evidence from statistical databases than by interviewing a couple people.
    Exactly. You have no idea what it's like so you don't know what you're discussing.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  10. #430
    All big companies hire part timers now to avoid paying benefits and all that stuff. The only way to get full time is either have been there for years already or get lucky in getting promoted to a full time position.

  11. #431
    Quote Originally Posted by Riidii View Post
    Hopefully not anyone is surprised by this.

    This is the exact effect that was predicted months and months before Obamacare.

    Same with the Papa John's thing. Don't play stupid people.
    The only people playing stupid are those who side with the companies vs basic human rights.

    As Papa John's "thing" was pointed out, all he needed to do was increase the price of all his pizzas by a DIME and it would more than cover any changes.

    The Wal-Mart family could cut their number of guards protecting their useless empty underground nuclear shelter by half and not only hire full-time employees, but easily give them full medical benefit coverage.

    Also note that only 2 companies are complaining... 3 if you count Hobby Lobby - but that's some silly insanity about abortion. The rest? They seem to be handling the shift perfectly fine...

    The deal is eventually these companies quality will go so horribly down the shitter that they'll eventually be replaced by those who DO recognize that a happy healthy employee makes a happy healthy product. They will be replaced by companies and people who do understand that they should treat their employees and customers like family and not like a commodity.

    One business owner I know who owns the local Golden Coral understands this, and he LOVES the Obamacare change! He treats ALL of his employees like family, and everybody there loves him for it. He also treats his customers like family too, remembering names and occasionally giving discounts. The one most amazing thing I've seen him do is to tell anybody who's at the buffet at the 4pm crossover mark that they will honor the lunch prices... he even goes further and DIRECTLY tells them if they show up at 3:59 they can cross over into dinner for a lunch price. Why does he do this? Cus he knows he'll get return visitors if he makes them happy. And 2 days of $9 = $18 vs 1 day of $14.

    I don't care what anybody says, I'd rather have the government and my vote call the shots than Wal-Mart and Papa John. We're human beings, we adapt and grow. Those who refuse to grow and see advantages will die off and be replaced.
    Last edited by mvallas; 2013-01-27 at 11:18 PM.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  12. #432
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    The only people playing stupid are those who side with the companies vs basic human rights.

    As Papa John's "thing" was pointed out, all he needed to do was increase the price of all his pizzas by a DIME and it would more than cover any changes.

    The Wal-Mart family could cut their number of guards protecting their useless empty underground nuclear shelter by half and not only hire full-time employees, but easily give them full medical benefit coverage.

    Also note that only 2 companies are complaining... 3 if you count Hobby Lobby - but that's some silly insanity about abortion. The rest? They seem to be handling the shift perfectly fine...

    The deal is eventually these companies quality will go so horribly down the shitter that they'll eventually be replaced by those who DO recognize that a happy healthy employee makes a happy healthy product. They will be replaced by companies and people who do understand that they should treat their employees and customers like family and not like a commodity.

    One business owner I know who owns the local Golden Coral understands this, and he LOVES the Obamacare change! He treats ALL of his employees like family, and everybody there loves him for it. He also treats his customers like family too, remembering names and occasionally giving discounts. The one most amazing thing I've seen him do is to tell anybody who's at the buffet at the 4pm crossover mark that they will honor the lunch prices... he even goes further and DIRECTLY tells them if they show up at 3:59 they can cross over into dinner for a lunch price. Why does he do this? Cus he knows he'll get return visitors if he makes them happy. And 2 days of $9 = $18 vs 1 day of $14.

    I don't care what anybody says, I'd rather have the government and my vote call the shots than Wal-Mart and Papa John. We're human beings, we adapt and grow. Those who refuse to grow and see advantages will die off and be replaced.
    So... don't work for or buy from Walmart or Papa Johns.

    It's as simple as that.

  13. #433
    Legendary! Orlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Class 1,000,000 Clean Room
    Posts
    6,239
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    We didn't vote for corporations to act like assholes, we voted for a better healthcare system for America, on par with what Canadians and most Europeans get (which we still didn't get.)

    What Wal Mart and other buisnesses are doing is pure, distilled greed.
    All of us didnt vote that way

  14. #434
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    We didn't vote for corporations to act like assholes, we voted for a better healthcare system for America, on par with what Canadians and most Europeans get (which we still didn't get.)

    What Wal Mart and other buisnesses are doing is pure, distilled greed.
    These are called "unintended consequences" and they're what happens when you try to meddle with the way people interact.

    What are you gonna do? Suddenly say that there should be a law preventing corporations from acting like assholes? It'll never happen.

  15. #435
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    So... don't work for or buy from Walmart or Papa Johns.

    It's as simple as that.
    That's basically what I'm saying. I've been not buying from there for ages, even before Obamacare, Thank you very much. ^_^
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  16. #436
    Legendary! Orlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Class 1,000,000 Clean Room
    Posts
    6,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Depends on the area unfortunately. You can take over a year to get a $10 an hour job, they actually consider that decent pay compared to most jobs out here around now with the exception of working on the military base.

    I know 1 person who got a job working for $10 an hour in the past year and they were putting in over 100 applications a day for months between online and in person but it still came down to her bumping into a friend they hadn't seen in years who owned a business and was willing to hire. Personally hoping on a friend of mine to talk to his boss to try and get me on doing autoglass with them for about $10-12 an hour starting. Hoping they can get some pull but not holding my breath on it.

    I honestly wish it wasn't not hard to find positions that pay more than $8 an hour, but that is really subjective on where you live. This is also a place where all the technical jobs want to hire with previous experience but none are willing to train on the job for anything. Actually had trouble getting on working for the BestBuy geek squad even though when I was running my own place with my friend they used to send what they couldn't fix to us. Was actually a little retarded the stuff they couldn't fix too....
    Why should a business hire someone and then spend thousands training them when there are 100s of people that are already experienced they could hire

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 06:34 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Because I don't think visiting small town America means you get a good grasp about the economy of small town america.


    Making the job contract less attractive isn't immoral at all. "Financially unsuitable", for whom?

    Also, Social Justice is the most bullshit term I've ever heard. Social Justice = Society should work the way I want it to. And lastly, in general capitalism and business is based on voluntary exchange between parties. There are certain laws that unfortunately obfuscate this, but especially in the case of Walmart it's mostly voluntary for everyone. There's very little coercion from the state nor the business, as long as everyone is aware of the terms of employment.

    Your understanding of "rights" seems a bit muddled as well, Zhangfei.
    I agree. I HATE the term social justice as well. It basically just means it doesnt matter if youre lazy and dont want to put any effort into making your life good so here is a wad money. Its like slipping a royal flush under the table to someone that got dealt a shitty hand. In reality the hard working people see how the lazy get by with no effort and decide to stop working hard since there is no reason too. At some point everyone is in the cart and there is noone left to pull it.

  17. #437
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    These are called "unintended consequences" and they're what happens when you try to meddle with the way people interact.

    What are you gonna do? Suddenly say that there should be a law preventing corporations from acting like assholes? It'll never happen.
    ....um... have you never read a history book? Have you not read American law? That's kinda the whole point of regulation creation, laws that break up monopolies, laws that set work standards and ethics, laws that prevent children from working, laws that prevent sweat shops, ect...

    History has proven you can set up laws "preventing corporations from acting like assholes". Of course, the society will create a better asshole - but they too will be countered in time via a combination of laws, competition, and enough people saying "enough!". ^_^

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 11:46 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I agree. I HATE the term social justice as well. It basically just means it doesnt matter if youre lazy and dont want to put any effort into making your life good so here is a wad money. Its like slipping a royal flush under the table to someone that got dealt a shitty hand. In reality the hard working people see how the lazy get by with no effort and decide to stop working hard since there is no reason too. At some point everyone is in the cart and there is noone left to pull it.
    Wrong... the reality is those people who think like that will be replaced by those who realize they now have all the advantages. They will be replaced by people who grow up in an age where they don't have to worry about food, shelter, and healthcare - knowing they can just build and create what they want. Knowing they have access to ALL information and ALL libraries and can CREATE what they want.

    You think this website's creation was purely motivated by profit? You really think Boboulle set out to make this THE premier Warcraft news site based on making money - or, do you think he just wanted to make a web site with a good idea for a game he loved? How much do the forum mods here get paid? How much do the game modders get paid to make their WoW mods? How much do the theorycrafters get paid by Blizzard? How much do the beta-testers get paid to beta-test? How much do the Starcraft 2 map modders make? Hell man... people are now PAYING BLIZZARD via the annual pass to be in the beta tests these days!

    Inventions like the light bulb, the airplane, internet, ect do not get created because somebody wanted to make a fortune. We only see the results, never the start. Companies like Microsoft and Apple don't start by a guy with a get-rich-quick scheme. They get started by people who see something today and say "We can do something BETTER with this!".

    Donald Trump, John Stewart, Steven Colbert, Ted Turner, Bill Gates and countless other Millionares can retire RIGHT NOW and sit on their ass and do nothing. They get all the healthcare, food, shelter, clothes, travel they could want for themselves and their grandchildren. But they do not retire... they CONTINUE to work until their death. Why do they do that? Cus they love what they do and what they CAN do...

    Nobody, in all of history, has ever said the reason they created something was "I need to invent something or else I won't have good healthcare!"

    Even if your theory is true... even IF people did become lazy - they would get so bored after week 3 of sitting on their ass that they'll try SOMETHING new! A new recipe, a new hobby, a new craft... then that recipe or hobby inspires new ideas, and that new idea becomes a new shop or product. THAT'S how it works!
    Last edited by mvallas; 2013-01-27 at 11:52 PM.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  18. #438
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Maybe time to find another job and then realize you didnt have it so bad at walmart. Sounds like your living above your means if you have consistent work and still cant make ends meet. Drop the $5 coffee's and other stuff you have convinced yourself that you deserve.

    You attitude is exactly why people used to start their own businesses, unfortunately thats no longer possible under obama. Get a gov job or work at a major corporation, those are the employment choices today.
    You really need to quit assuming so much about people, you are completely wrong when you do....

    I have had other jobs in the past, Walmart is the 2nd worst one I have ever had.

    Also, living above my means? I am staying with my father not paying any bills except for $100 a MONTH on bills while paying about $40 a week for my own food and maybe $30 a week for gas in my 1999 Lumina that is paid off. I am currently stock piling my cash as best I can till I can go to school when I get off 3rd shift or use to get out on my own if/when I find a better job. I am living within my means right now, I am a bum leaching off others to put a roof over my head and hating every day of it. But the fact of the matter is I have crunched the numbers and it is literally 100% IMPOSSIBLE to live out here off this paycheck without relying on others to help support yourself unless you already have a house and car already paid off in full and THEN you can make ends meet with very tight control of your income.

    I have started my own business before. Me and a friend ran our own thing for over 4 years. Unfortunately, the business never picked up enough to really provide enough to justify the 60+ hour weeks.

    And Obama didn't create the situation, it was here long before he got here, he just made it worse trying to help while trying to compromise with a bunch of people who hated the thought of helping anyone who wasn't like them and to see him fail.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 06:55 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    You do realize that Walmart would not actually have wanted to resort to this hiring policy, as demonstrated by the fact that they didn't do this before Obamacare? Obamacare forced their hand.

    I'm not saying anything about Walmarts profits margins though, I'm not that into the finances of walmart.
    Actually they were already on their way to this as of a few years ago. They already refuse to hire full time for a while now unless they are in an area where they are still competing, this just makes sure they won't have to pay anyone for being stubborn enough to stay for over 2 years and smart enough to avoid getting fired when they want to.

  19. #439
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I am staying with my father not paying any bills except for $100 a MONTH on bills
    What?

    If you dont like working for walmart, buy the company or find a different job.

    "trying to compromise with a bunch of people who hated the thought of helping anyone who wasn't like them and to see him fail."

    Good luck, not really worth it if you have this mindset. The problem you described in your op is caused by obamacare which you are a fan of. You cant have it both ways.
    Last edited by chadwix; 2013-01-28 at 12:07 AM.

  20. #440
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    15
    I heard that Walmart have a good retirement plan which is good in the long run.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •