Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    But that's why I think it's a bad form of humour: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_or_the_egg
    It was never about a chicken or an egg, it's about what point comes first in a loop.

People think they are witty by using science to answer a question that was never the question in the first place.
    To me, that equates to the same level of humour as:
    "What's up?" -"The ceiling! Hahaha"

Is it funny to take a question like that literally? Yes.
    Is it still funny when people do it all the time? No.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-hu...ditional_jokes

Sometimes I forget inflection and intent are difficult to discern via text. Thought it was pretty obvious by my absurd "Science>Philosophy" statement I was portraying a caricature.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 11:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    I'm not arguing anything about your science > philosophy comment. I replied directly to the claim you made that a solution had been reached about the chicken/egg debate, and the REAL news source you used to back it up. If you meant the entire post as a satirical comment to show your agreement with your the post you quoted, you didn't do a good job showing it was farcical. Usually farces don't post news articles that are serious in nature.

But that's just me being reasonable again I guess.
    Stating "Science>Philosophy" is an absurd statement. It's like saying apples are better than oranges. I didn't provide any operational definition by which I was measuring the two.
    --
    Boub called me a fanboy
    --
    #SaveDrainSoul #TakeMaleficGraspInstead

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Crappy video.
    You just don't solve philosophic questions with science by plucking and complaining about each word used.
    The last sentence of the video also works in the philisophical sense too.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    crap video. the argument would be best explained by using the Juggernaut running into the Blob. since this video did not included either of those two, it is bad and wrong, in fact it is so bad and wrong that a new word must be used, this video is badwrong or badong.
    Well said. This video is one of many proofs that even the most interesting things can be turned obnoxious and dull by using "science". You can either be knowledgeable and miserable or not care about that stuff and have fun. Which do you choose?
    Bigger than Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Chicken/egg debate has already been solved, man.

It was the chicken

"The scientists found that a protein found only in a chicken's ovaries is necessary for the formation of the egg, according to the paper Wednesday. The egg can therefore only exist if it has been created inside a chicken."

Chicken eggs can only be created inside a chicken.

Science > Philosophy
    No, it was the egg.

http://www.myapokalips.com/show/95

Badumtish.

Quote Originally Posted by Djolisimo View Post
    Well said. This video is one of many proofs that even the most interesting things can be turned obnoxious and dull by using "science". You can either be knowledgeable and miserable or not care about that stuff and have fun. Which do you choose?
    That's super subjective.

Now I understand why multiple characters can "overlap" in world of warcraft

That is very unconvennient, specially when interacting with a quest giver.