Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Gag order comeback?

    So, today Blizzard reverted their changes to blanket silences, allowing Locks and Mages to keep their abilities.
    Fine.
    In my mind, a possibility of seeing a comeback of Gag Order sounded cool, now with the deserved nerfs to Shockwave and Warbringer, Warriors control will be at Cataclysm level, so some love in that department could be ok.
    I'm not saying it should stay the way it was in 5.0, that was retarded, but what about attaching it to Heroic Throw only? Maybe with an increased cd?
    What do you guys think?

    No biased posts please

  2. #2
    Blanket silences are a poor mecanic and doesn't encourage good play. Blanket silences shouldn't exist and you should only silence when you actually interupt a spell. Rewarding good play.

    I will be happy if Gag Order comes back but it doesn't fit the Warrior kit at all, we have really high mobility compared to other melee. A ranged interupt is over the top. Will abuse it if it comes back though.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Distinkt View Post
    Blanket silences are a poor mecanic and doesn't encourage good play. Blanket silences shouldn't exist and you should only silence when you actually interupt a spell. Rewarding good play.
    100% agree on that, but it seems Blizzard doesn't think like us.

  4. #4
    Let just any Interrupt apply a blanket silence if Blizzard can't handle it properly...
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    So, today Blizzard reverted their changes to blanket silences, allowing Locks and Mages to keep their abilities.
    Fine.
    In my mind, a possibility of seeing a comeback of Gag Order sounded cool, now with the deserved nerfs to Shockwave and Warbringer, Warriors control will be at Cataclysm level, so some love in that department could be ok.
    I'm not saying it should stay the way it was in 5.0, that was retarded, but what about attaching it to Heroic Throw only? Maybe with an increased cd?
    What do you guys think?

    No biased posts please
    I think you fail to understand the reason why Blizzard removed gag order in pvp in the first place...

    Blizzard changed because if was almost impossible to get a cast of when fighting a warrior. If you finally managed to shake of a warrior the same warrior would just use Heroic throw to interrupt the casting.

    i think GC exact words where like ''if you can't stand the idea of the enemy caster to get a cast of then you can always spec Storm Bolt''.

    The original reason for the change hasn't really changed, casters need to be able to get a cast of against warriors once they manage to get out of melee range.

  6. #6
    I would like Heroic throw to have some kind of point. Now that gag order is gone I literally dont even have it on my bar anymore its so bad. Now obviously the old gag order is bad but I can see 1 of these 2 glyphs in the works since our control and grip have taken a hit:

    Glyph #1: Causes your heroic throw to silence the target for 3 seconds, but increases the cooldown of Heroic throw by 50%.
    or
    Glyph #2: Removes the damage and gcd of heroic throw. Causes your heroic throw to now interrupt spellcasting for 3 seconds (no silence).

    Either of one these seems reasonable to me, especially considering we have like 12 major glyphs that are all really good to compete with it.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    100% agree on that, but it seems Blizzard doesn't think like us.
    Actually, Blizzard is thinking exactly like you, on this subject. They are strongly in favor of removing blankets, and they plan on doing it, just not now, as they said it is too drastic of a change for 5.2. Less selective reading...

  8. #8
    Brewmaster meathead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,497
    they will not give warriors shit-after the heroic throw nerf all we ended up with is a nerfed "longer cd" pummel then it was in cata.why is that?because pummel was blanced around heroic throw and both having a silence.now that both are gone all we get is a nerfed pummel.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    they will not give warriors shit
    Pretty much this. I mean you see how ridiculously careful they are in regards to pve related arms buff and you seriously expect them to just get warriors additional utility ?
    When people are finally happy with warriors being back at cata levels which will given the way the ladder works might sadly take a while you will have eventually the chance to see something that looks like buffs again.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-01-26 at 02:54 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Pretty much this. I mean you see how ridiculously careful they are in regards to pve related arms buff and you seriously expect them to just get warriors additional utility ?
    When people are finally happy with warriors being back at cata levels which will given the way the ladder works might sadly take a while you will have eventually the chance to see something that looks like buffs again.
    Pretty sure it's not about getting warriors back to the Cata horror, and more of having them actually balanced.

  11. #11
    High Overlord Trisrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    164
    All blanket silences should go IMO, but this idea that mages need them but they are unreasonable for warriors? Lol, I call bullshit. And I say this as someone who pvps on a mage and does not have a warrior.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I think you fail to understand the reason why Blizzard removed gag order in pvp in the first place...

    Blizzard changed because if was almost impossible to get a cast of when fighting a warrior. If you finally managed to shake of a warrior the same warrior would just use Heroic throw to interrupt the casting.

    i think GC exact words where like ''if you can't stand the idea of the enemy caster to get a cast of then you can always spec Storm Bolt''.

    The original reason for the change hasn't really changed, casters need to be able to get a cast of against warriors once they manage to get out of melee range.
    You fail to understand that Shockwave got his CD doubled and warbringer is pratically removed from the game.
    Fear is now 1.5 min CD, nomore 1.
    Warrior control in 5.2 will be the same that we got in Cataclysm. Yes, we can take Stormbolt, but we are losing ton of burst damage.
    Do I need to explain you how warrior control was ugly and useless in Cata?
    I said maybe increase HT cd by 100% if glyphed, I know that casters need to be able to stay on a warrior, but you got also double or triple control than us.

  13. #13
    im amazed by the reversal of the decision to remove blanket silences on those two. as well as the reversal on diminishing returns on cyclone. what little hope i had for 5.2 went up in smoke...

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by poobah1234 View Post
    im amazed by the reversal of the decision to remove blanket silences on those two. as well as the reversal on diminishing returns on cyclone. what little hope i had for 5.2 went up in smoke...
    Not going to dignify the other posters above you with a response but

    The decision to reverse the removal of blanket silence it isn't really amazing and chances are the developers will do it next expansion.

    Mages and locks are balanced around the fact that they can intercept healers at least with the silence part, removing them right now means that they lose balance tool against healers.

    Warriors where different in that they just had to many tools to start with where they ended up becoming overpowered against every class and spec.
    Last edited by ati87; 2013-01-26 at 07:55 PM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Not going to dignify the other posters above you with a response but
    This is a forum, if you don't wanna post, just get out of it.
    Users like you are not needed.

  16. #16
    but warriors already have pummel, disrupting shout, spell reflect and mass spell reflect...

  17. #17
    Brewmaster meathead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by katsumo View Post
    but warriors already have pummel, disrupting shout, spell reflect and mass spell reflect...
    lmfao-yeah warriors should never get any thing un nerfed,right?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Distinkt View Post
    Blanket silences are a poor mecanic and doesn't encourage good play. Blanket silences shouldn't exist and you should only silence when you actually interupt a spell. Rewarding good play.

    I will be happy if Gag Order comes back but it doesn't fit the Warrior kit at all, we have really high mobility compared to other melee. A ranged interupt is over the top. Will abuse it if it comes back though.

    remove instant abilities from the game, and im ok with removing blanket silence. sometimes blanket is the only way to score a kill since a lot of heals are instant - there is nothing to interrupt! remove instant heals! like spamming holy shock = skill... please...

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by katsumo View Post
    but warriors already have pummel, disrupting shout, spell reflect and mass spell reflect...
    I can see and understand your point (even though Safeguard is far superior to MSR), but I'd like to see some sort of control back to the class (not at 5.0 state ofc, that was too much).
    When I played my other chars in Cata (and even now in MoP), I felt like they were more versatile.
    Warrior playstyle was just being on a target and smashing damage, you didn't bring anything else to the table (or atleast less then most of the other classes).
    In 5.2 our fate is very similar to that imho.

  20. #20
    gag order won't make his comeback because they changed it before they changed the mage/lock version.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •