5.2 Release Date

So guys I'm wondering when you think the full patch will come out for release. Mods forgive me if this topic is already out there, couldn't find it.

Since we haven't had too many tests yet (not into heroics yet) I don't see this raid being ready for release too soon. In addition they're likely looking for tuning for the Thunder Forge progression so as not to brutalize small servers (or not).

Another factor I think will be the HotS release (March 12, I think), there's no way they do a major patch release the week before, of, or after another major release for another Blizzard game.

Because of all this I think they'll release it sometime around the 2nd week of April, the 8th or the 15th.

Deleted
    Either break precedent concerning PvP seasons, or push an untested, hastily tied up patch mid February.

I'd tend to expect the latter, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Augh View Post
    Either break precedent concerning PvP seasons, or push an untested, hastily tied up patch mid February.

I'd tend to expect the latter, honestly.
    Yeah, I don't pvp so the season didn't come to mind. What exactly is this precedent? XD
    I could see them pushing it early with "internally tested" encounters. Dear god, kill me. Hopefully they get full balance changes put in before then.

Deleted
    The precedent I was referring to was PvP seasons traditionally ending 2 weeks before a new tier/content patch gets pushed to live servers. There's nothing concrete to say they won't break from that obviously, and Blizzard tends to do pretty much what they want to. What they want to do though has also tended to include pushing unfinished/loosely tested content in the past.

All we can do is wait and see really.

http://wowtcg.cryptozoic.com/products/betrayal-guardian A Wow TCG pack is being released 22 feb and in that pack there are in-game items being added in the 5.2 patch. So my guess is around that date

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking it will come out around mid February, assuming they continue with their goal of faster patches/faster expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just seriously hope they wont release it close to the HotS release.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    I just seriously hope they wont release it close to the HotS release.
    I don't think they would do that, unless they want to effectively force fans of both games to have to choose where to allocate their time. I think they will try to separate them by a reasonable amount of time so people who enjoy both games don't feel they are falling behind in WoW to play the new SCII game.