Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Looking at MMOs in 2013!

Hello every1,

I have been playing MMOs for 10 years or so and still enjoy it alot.

Many came out recently and others will launch in 2013.
    This makes it hard for me to try them all and choose for myself (as I dont have enough time like I did in the past).
    -------------------------------------------------

What I am looking is something that focuses heavily on the holy-trinity and groups.

Many new MMOs focuses on action combat and no targeting system with alot of jumping around and flashy moves.
    Wich is not really my cup of tea.

I like theme park MMOs where I can quest around and spam dungeon runs.

The games I played for long periods and enjoyed alot are WoW, Rift, Final Fantasy XI and SWTOR.
    Also might try Lotro and Everquest 2 if nothing else comes along.
    --------------------------------------------------

Anything else I should try or look forword in 2013?

Thx

Could try the revamped Final Fantasy XIV when it comes out. That sounds like it could be your cup of tea.

If you love Elder scrolls my friend The Elder Scrolls online is coming soon.

I think elderscrolls online will have servers that are group focused or somthing like that. Somthing like you fill out some questionaire when u make your account and it will put you in areas with players you best match up with. So if you like PvE grouping it will put you on maps with those types of players. Dont know how the combat will be but from the videos it looked like WoW's stand still and mash buttons.

Elder Scrolls, Trion is going to try to get ArcheAge out in 2013 along with Defiance.

I don't know if it's in 2013 but Neverwinter night mmo too.

Deleted
    Well Teso is certainly and option, but in my list the most anticipated game is Wildstar... and from the information so far (real slow flow of information) fits your standards... although they like to call wildstar sandpark!!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait for EQ Next, if they release any new info this year =)

I garee with you guys, really looking forword to EQnext and Wildstar.
    However, they dont look like they are comming anytime soon.
    I will try to forget about them for a while.
    --------------------------------------

Waiting on Final Fantasy XIV relaunch (if they mess up this time that will be the end of it).

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I think elderscrolls online will have servers that are group focused or somthing like that. Somthing like you fill out some questionaire when u make your account and it will put you in areas with players you best match up with. So if you like PvE grouping it will put you on maps with those types of players. Dont know how the combat will be but from the videos it looked like WoW's stand still and mash buttons.
    Did they officially say this? or ppl were randomly talking about it?
    ---------------------------------------

ArcheAge, Defiance, Neverwinter looks like a high quality MMOs.
    But I think I will enjoy them for 1-2 months before I jump to something else.

I have tried Final Fantasy XIV couple days, its just too complicated to play.

Elder scrolls is the big one incoming, there should be a guild war 2 expo incoming in the next while. Also Final fantasy 14 remake sounds interesting. So ya there is a bit, probably not as big as last year over all but seems like you wont be lacking good mmo's this year.

Lightbulb any good MMO games coming out anytime soon?

really bored and need a good game to get my teeth sunk into, something that hasn't been out for years, is there any games out? or any games coming out soon?

can anybody tell me any good news?
    Last edited by Oloral; 2013-02-25 at 02:04 AM.

Lots of options out there atm.

Most MMOs are going free to play.

SWTOR, TERA, TSW, GW2, Firefall, Hawken, Planetside2, Path of Exile, to name a few.

Special Mention: EQ1999 (Huzzah) & Emerald Dream Legacy Server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy XIV: ARR is worth a look. There's a benchmark on the official site that will show you how it runs on your computer. It's a very pretty game! Well optimized, too, so it will probably run pretty good on most setups. Everything I've heard as well says that combat and exploration is greatly improved as well. I'm excited to either try it live or get into the beta *fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by obake1 View Post
    Wait for EQ Next, if they release any new info this year =)
    EQNext was canceled according to Smedley.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    ESO is on a single megaserver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Deleted
    wildstar only mmo which im keeping track of.. looks and sounds brilliant.

wildstar megathread for more info

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Final Fantasy XIV: ARR is worth a look. There's a benchmark on the official site that will show you how it runs on your computer. It's a very pretty game! Well optimized, too, so it will probably run pretty good on most setups. Everything I've heard as well says that combat and exploration is greatly improved as well. I'm excited to either try it live or get into the beta *fingers crossed*
    FFXIV:ARR does re-introduce the game (the way it should have launched so to speak).

Will it please the fans? Yes.
    Will it apeal to non-FF fans? Prolly not so much.

I do like the FF universe and am looking forword to its launch.
    However, it will prolly have a small community like XI had.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelvardik View Post
    EQNext was canceled according to Smedley.
    EQ Next was scraped and started from scratch early last year. They already announced they would have a playable demo version at SOE Live at the beginning of August this year.

Personally I am very much looking forward to EQ Next in the next year or so but more immediately I plan to jump onto the FFXIV band wagon since it is looking amazing since it has been revamped and heard nothing but good things from people so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexm96 View Post
    However, it will prolly have a small community like XI had.
    Perhaps, but I have a feeling it will be a lot like FFXI in terms of community. The western presence in FFXI wasn't super strong, but in 2009 they announced that the game had broken 2 million active accounts worldwide. What was cool about the 2 million players is that they were not region locked. With the auto-translate system you could play with anyone in the world. FFXIV is doing the same thing, so I have a feeling that servers will be packed and the community will flourish despite the total number of active subs.

With that said, I still do hope it is a very successful game numbers-wise.