Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    It's not really, it's just further enforcing the whole we want you to be dedicated towards fistweaving thing. It does inadvertantly potentially add 750 MP5 to Power Strikes and 667 MP5 to Chi Brew though.
    And 450 mana per Tiger Palm to Ascension. If you're using Tiger Palm anywhere near as often as I think you'll be in the new style, it will blow the other two out of the water in this particular skirmish.

Edit: After running the math, seven Tiger Palms per 20 seconds has Ascension just pull ahead of Power Strikes. It's doable, but it's tight on the GCDs. Probably will end up about even in actual gameplay.
    Last edited by Dreyo; 2013-01-30 at 07:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    It's not really, it's just further enforcing the whole we want you to be dedicated towards fistweaving thing. It does inadvertantly potentially add 750 MP5 to Power Strikes and 667 MP5 to Chi Brew though.
    It also helps ascension because it gives 1% mana back because it increases maximum mana.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Does it matter if 2h or 1h and off hand is used when it comes to fist weaving?

Deleted
    2H is going to be so much better now in 5.2

So damage gets really lowered with one hand then? :O Pretty lame

Deleted
    The extra SP from an offhand doesn't cover the extra weapon damage from the 2h.

I see, thanks for the quick answer <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't Mistweavers get an extra 70% damage with 1Hers vs. 40% haste with 2Hers?

Comparing normal mode Loshan to Jin'ya:

Loshan: 1656.9 DPS => +70% damage = 2816.73
    Jin'ya: 2234.1 DPS => +40% haste = 3127.74

Only a 10% difference... I think for healing, you will be fine using a 1Her, since the extra SP will impact everything non-fistweaving, and I don't think we're going to stop using Uplift, Renewing Mist, etc. just because they buffed TP and BoK. For people not actively fistweaving, the impact of DPS on their heals will be even lower with the SZ nerf.

Deleted
    70% auto attack damage.

Eminence's healing is very low compared to uplifts/rem/chi wave/chi torpedo, 2h's are far from "guarenteed to be better", but its likely they'll stand a chance comparing to now.

Now if only they could do spirit staves next tier..
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Largest fail post in this thread.

Serpent's Zeal is from auto attack damage which adds healing TO eminence, while eminence itself is what your non-white damage heals for. They are two separate abilities but they both add healing to the umbrella ability called "Eminence," as far as recount is concerned.

How do so many people not understand how eminence works but are super quick to come post on here like they do?
    Looks like it wasn't a fail post lol, i was right.

It doesn't say anywhere there are 2 different kinds of Eminence. "Auto-attack and Special attack"

All Eminence is nerfed, so like i said at the start, my whites heals are nerfed
    Last edited by mmoc924921b23f; 2013-02-03 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by youngosk View Post
    Looks like it wasn't a fail post lol, i was right.

It doesn't say anywhere there are 2 different kinds of Eminence. "Auto-attack and Special attack"

All Eminence is nerfed, so like i said at the start, my whites heals are nerfed
    You were only right after they then made another, different change that wasn't in the information we had at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by youngosk View Post
    Yes, it is sloppy in the combat log that the healing caused by Serpent's Zeal and the healing caused by abilities are both labeled as "Eminence." However, they are two distinct mechanics with different knobs on them. That's why "Serpent's Zeal" has to be listed as a separate change from "Eminence", despite SZ showing up as Eminence in your combat log.

Hope this makes fistweaving viable for pve raid healing. I don't expect to see it viable for pvp healing ever though, though I've been wrong before.

It's viable for saving mana!
    It helps compensate for the more expensive jab in 5.2.
    Basically a mana neutral, endlessly sustainable 60-70k dps and 40-50k hps (free surging mists/chi wave).
    With enough spirit, you can even regen more mana than you spend (without renewing mist).
    Switching between Tiger Palm and Renewing Mist/Uplift is gonna be key.
    Smite Discipline priests are already jealous of our new damage.
    But it feels too strong to survive the PTR. =(
    Last edited by Restofari; 2013-02-04 at 02:39 PM.

Deleted
    But it feels too strong to survive the PTR
    Honestly, no nerf on Hpal, enormous up on drood

We really need this dps/hps up, i dont think its really too OP

Quote Originally Posted by Restofari View Post
    It's viable for saving mana!
    It helps compensate for the more expensive jab in 5.2.
    Basically a mana neutral, endlessly sustainable 60-70k dps and 40-50k hps (free surging mists/chi wave).
    With enough spirit, you can even regen more mana than you spend (without renewing mist).
    Switching between Tiger Palm and Renewing Mist/Uplift is gonna be key.
    Smite Discipline priests are already jealous of our new damage.
    But it feels too strong to survive the PTR. =(
    It's no where near mana neutral, you'd need 20k+ Spirit for that. Cheaper than other forms of healing, sure, but it's no where near "neutral."

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the changes are overpowered... Maybe it needs a little bit of tuning, but at "60-70k dps, 40-50k hps" you're doing crappy DPS and crappy healing. As soon as you start having to heal anything challenging, the DPS will drop as you start spending more GCDs on ReM, Uplift, etc. And the DPS won't scale much higher than that when you try to go pure DPS, while actual DPS specs will start to scale much more strongly as they get 522+ gear. Our DPS will still only scale with spell power, crit and marginally (auto attacks) by haste, while most DPS specs will scale well with crit/haste/mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    It's no where near mana neutral, you'd need 20k+ Spirit for that. Cheaper than other forms of healing, sure, but it's no where near "neutral."
    yes actually it is, thanks to the Tiger Palm +1% mana change, healing with Jab+TP (and other free stuff) is about mana neutral