Deleted

Vp gear to jp gear?

Hey guys,

I was wondering. When 5.2 comes out will current hear become jp gear instead of vp or will it stay this way?

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are reducing the cost instead, think i read that somewhere.

5.0 gear reduced by 50%, 5.1 reduced by 25%.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by Passmeister View Post
    Hey guys,

I was wondering. When 5.2 comes out will current hear become jp gear instead of vp or will it stay this way?

Cheers
    Why would they become JP gear during this expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Why would they become JP gear during this expansion?
    Because when tier 12 came out, tier 11 VP gear became JP gear.
    Because when tier 13 came out tier 12 VP gear became JP gear.

Tier 13 VP gear is now purchasable with JP now that we are in tier 14, and a new expansion.

Following this trend, one would asssume that when tier 15 came out, tier 14 VP gear became JP gear.

However with 5.2 and tier 15, this is not the case.
    Tier 14 VP gear is still VP gear even though it is now 1 tier behind the current tier, which is typically what gear JP buys, whereas VP buys the current tier's VP gear, not the previous one's.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2013-01-26 at 03:02 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

So obsolete garbage is going to cost valors and JP will still be a worthless currency thrown at us which can be used to what? turn into honour or buy cata mats? Seems like a waste of a currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    So obsolete garbage is going to cost valors and JP will still be a worthless currency thrown at us which can be used to what? turn into honour or buy cata mats? Seems like a waste of a currency.
    What a overlook. They could at least add a mote to the vendor in the Valley, so you could buy the motes with JP, and then convert them to spirit to buy Pandaria materials.

10+ Year Old Account
    So JP is useless now, and blizz is going to keep it that way????????? what the hell is the point of having it in mop if it don't do anything.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    It does seem strange that they would make obsolete gear cost viable currency. Unless there are a lot of gaps in the 5.2 valor gear options, which I guess there could be. There wasn't that much 5.1 valor gear .

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Agreed. At least the old system of certain BoE epic gear purchased with valor/badges allowed you to make some money or gear your alts a bit more easily.

Wish we could spend Valor come 5.2 to buy gear from the MSV/HoF/ToES LFR. Why must the LFR weapons generally be better looking than the normal and heroic counterparts?

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    So JP is useless now, and blizz is going to keep it that way????????? what the hell is the point of having it in mop if it don't do anything.
    So heirlooms are useless now?

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    So heirlooms are useless now?
    I guess they are when your alts are level 85 :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    5.0 gear reduced by 50%, 5.1 reduced by 25%.
    So are you also gonna keep your VP then when 5.2 hits. or is VP converted to JP so you gotta start from scratch with VP again. else somebody could keep 3k VP reserved and buy himself some discount VP items if you know what i mean.