Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can toss an SSD across the room for all the manufacturer cares, it should be fine. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I wouldn't say extreme OCing. =X Especially with Ivy Bridge's heat issues, I doubt this would be optimal.
    Ever read about delidding Ivy Bridge CPUs? People doing it say they are getting temp drops of 20 degrees (I think Celsius) or more. My dad said he's considering doing it if he goes to an Intel build, but he has to put his car back together first, so I'm pretty much calling bullshit on his intentions, because Ivy Bridge will probably be replaced twice before his slow-ass actually gets around to it.

I remember probably coming up to 10 years ago there being someone who did this with cooking oil, this seems to be without the eventual stench!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    Ever read about delidding Ivy Bridge CPUs? People doing it say they are getting temp drops of 20 degrees (I think Celsius) or more.
    Yeah... I wouldn't advise doing this.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatie12 View Post
    It amazes me that the oil alone is capable of extracting and moving enough heat energy away from a Sandy/Ivy CPU (possibly overclocked too) or a heat producing GPU without an active pump/flow of oil.
    You do realize that oils has been used as a cooling method for 50 odd years or more right?...there were big welders that were mains powered and they had a transformer the size of the box it was in plus all the workings with zero circulation and they worked quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yeah... I wouldn't advise doing this.
    Why. Other than the fact it voids your warranty. It's prefectly safe aslong as you are careful when you do it.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetleader View Post
    Why. Other than the fact it voids your warranty. It's prefectly safe aslong as you are careful when you do it.
    It's just not at all optimal or easy to take care of, for one.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Thats extreme cooling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    <snip>
    i suppose we could add peltiers and phase changing to the list if we want to talk about real extreme cooling