Thread: Glyphs

10+ Year Old Account

Glyphs

I am not sure if I am the only one but our Glyphs are not game changing.

Unlike Warriors they get damage increase, CD reduction, and Increase duration glyphs.

Our only game changer glyph is Adrenaline Rush and Deadly Momentum.

Some ideas I had

Glyph of blade flurry:

Increases number of targets you hit by 1

Glyph of Killing Spree (Major):

Your Killing Spree now only attacks one target but your damage is reduced by 30% during it.

Glyph of Dispatch: Your mutilate no longer has a chance to proc dispatch but the damage of dispatch has been increased by 50%.

I think the warrior glyph that just buffs their aoe is a dumb glyph. I think the blade flurry glyph you list would come along with blade flurry being nerfed by one target baseline.

Your spree idea is actually interesting. How much of a penalty would a rogue be wiling to take on to make it a single target move? You would probably use the glyph on Garalon (you would not have to move out any more to just hit the leg). You wouldn't use it in pvp if the debuff was worse than about 10%, but if it was 5 or 10 you probably would, if you pvped as combat. I think 30% is too much for most uses, but that's an interesting thought experiment.

Your glyph of dispatch idea is just a flat buff and therefore sucks. Here's what I mean:

On a Patchwerk, there is some percent of increase that dispatch could gain that would make up for the loss of blindside. I don't know what it is, and neither do you- you just guessed with 50%. Lets say that it is definitely worth taking. In that case, the glyph is mandatory, so all muti rogues take it, and our rotation is more boring because of it. Additionally, we have a monster execute phase. The only fight you wouldn't take it on is a fight where the boss gives up at 15% or something- and even that would be made up for if the buff was large enough. OR lets say that on Patchwerk it is NOT worth taking. In that case, no rogues take it, except for fights that emphasize executes. It's only interesting in pvp because you trade one kind of burst for another.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think the Glyph of Dispatch would be a increase for PvP players but a nerf for PvE players.

PvP players you can get someone down to 35% in your burst causing your dispatch to do max damage

PvE on boss fights are usually atleast 10 minutes atleast and takes about 6-8 minutes to be below 35% health.

So about 6-8 minutes of no dispatch procs would be a nerf in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixxs View Post
    CD reduction, and Increase duration glyphs.
    Ehm, we do have those as well.

It has been stated that they don't want glyphs to provide flat damage increase; the warrior ones are just very situational, so I guess they let them fly.

The problem is mostly about what do they want from glyphs - they SHOULD be an additional layer of customization for our gameplay, but in the end they are only some cosmetic features with a couple of mandatory ones.

Making them dps increases, cd reductions and so on won't solve anything, nor make us more enjoyable. There will be some theorycrafting and in the end everyone will use the same 3 glyphs because they provide the greatest dps increase.

All glypsh should be about utility like CoS, Feint. I like the idea of BF glyph, hitting more targets but reducing damage to make it not mandatory.

We already have bad talents which basically give no choice - i don't want glyphs to be the same way (even if now they actually are).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I like the idea of BF glyph, hitting more targets but reducing damage to make it not mandatory.
    Basically mandatory on every fight where we will be hitting that number of adds ?

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Basically mandatory on every fight where we will be hitting that number of adds ?
    Like it is now basically - we play combat because of BF, no more.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.