Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
LastLast
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Don't be foolish it doesn't affect people's gameplay however It DOES change the economy DRASTICALLY don't think you know why so I'm going to let you figure it out especially when you have thousands and thousands of manipulators like me just destroying the place utterly and controlling it to what we want and that hurts people which I will admit yeah it really REALLY does.

    And wtf is hand holding? The AH IS hand holding that is straight up hand holding like wth is that why would you even remotely say that?
    The economy is far too big for any one individual to have any significant impact on the AH. The only entity that has a noticeable impact on the AH is Blizzard patch notes. Sniping a few deals from uninformed sellers doesn't mean you're running the AH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #282
    The Unstoppable Force I change my name a lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    The economy is far too big for any one individual to have any significant impact on the AH. The only entity that has a noticeable impact on the AH is Blizzard patch notes. Sniping a few deals from uninformed sellers doesn't mean you're running the AH.
    Ahahaha!!!! You have no idea do you? I do it for hours I did for hours like you have to be out of your mind if you think people aren't pulling strings. The AH was nothing more then a puppet and I was controlling the strings

    Few deals try 3000+ ? I played that game endlessly I made money from it from utterly doing it don't insult me because you have no clue how well that market can be bended to my hands

    You know how much money I made from it? Around 6k from basic economics and manipulation no really though don't comment if you have no clue wtf you are talking about.

    Schedule: Play X hours to level to 100 then do at least 4-5 hours of manipulation every day until I retired that was my entire schedule on that game getting to 100 and manipulation do I regret it? Putting in so many hours? Maybe after realizing the game was utter garbage when playing it for so long but hey It gave me money so

    Not all is lost
    Last edited by I change my name a lot; 2013-02-11 at 02:16 PM.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Ahahaha!!!! You have no idea do you? I do it for hours I did for hours like you have to be out of your mind if you think people aren't pulling strings. The AH was nothing more then a puppet and I was controlling the strings

    Few deals try 3000+ ? I played that game endlessly I made money from it from utterly doing it don't insult me because you have no clue how well that market can be bended to my hands

    You know how much money I made from it? Around 6k from basic economics and manipulation no really though don't comment if you have no clue wtf you are talking about.

    Schedule: Play X hours to level to 100 then do at least 4-5 hours of manipulation every day until I retired that was my entire schedule on that game getting to 100 and manipulation do I regret it? Putting in so many hours? Maybe after realizing the game was utter garbage when playing it for so long but hey It gave me money so

    Not all is lost
    You talk a good game, hmm wait...no you do not. Ok let me re-start, you say things and cannot back them up.

  4. #284
    The Unstoppable Force I change my name a lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    You talk a good game, hmm wait...no you do not. Ok let me re-start, you say things and cannot back them up.
    Why would I need to be back it up? I destroyed D3 It's in my g-dam signature for god sakes all that is from manipulation cept the manticore I got that for free because I'm boss

    Destroyed D3
    Destroyed PoE
    Destroyed WoW at the before era

    Destroyed all three economies why do I need to prove it to you? I could give a F about what you think all I know is that I controlled the market as did others and it utterly rewarded me huh I'm getting into the elitist vibe aren't I? Oh well worth it!

    Cy@
    Last edited by I change my name a lot; 2013-02-11 at 03:26 PM.

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Why would I need to be back it up? I destroyed D3 It's in my g-dam signature for god sakes all that is from manipulation cept the manticore I got that for free because I'm boss

    Destroyed D3
    Destroyed PoE
    Destroyed WoW at the before era

    Destroyed all three economies why do I need to prove it to you? I could give a F about what you think all I know is that I controlled the market as did others and it utterly rewarded me huh I'm getting into the elitist vibe aren't I? Oh well worth it!

    Cy@
    WoW has a 2 k player economy.
    D3 has a 500 k player economy (if not more at times, certainly with new content patches).

    Controling one region wide D3 AH, is saying you control the NY Stock Exchange.


  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    You talk a good game, hmm wait...no you do not. Ok let me re-start, you say things and cannot back them up.
    Well it is not a secret that people made tons of money with investing enough time into the AH. Single scontrolling it might be too much said since there are more people also putting shit tons of hours into the market but making tons of money and controlling a certain aspect maybe.
    Why not?

    Its not impossible. You cant prove her wrong

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 04:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Controling one region wide D3 AH, is saying you control the NY Stock Exchange.
    Which is possible for people with enough money and time.
    Easy to see when certain people start talking shit about certain stocks while buying shit tons of them themself

  7. #287
    The Unstoppable Force I change my name a lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,538
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    WoW has a 2 k player economy.
    D3 has a 500 k player economy (if not more at times, certainly with new content patches).

    Controling one region wide D3 AH, is saying you control the NY Stock Exchange.

    Huh I swear I told you to stop replying to me not one person but many others remember that. I controlled it but not exactly the entire thing there's similar people like me so of course I couldn't control THE ENTIRE thing.

  8. #288
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    11,795
    Love the argument that if you don't like the AH, don't use it because it doesn't affect you at all. You would think people like BenBos would actually read developers talking about their game, but I guess in the endless tirade to say nothing negative you can't remember that the drop rates of items and quality of items are directly impacted by the mere presence of the AH.

    Drop rates are too low and too unrewarding. Do you know what the only reason is? Because they adjust the numbers to account for the AH. If the AH never existed, playing would be much more satisfying because you would actually find gear for your character in as much time as people have put in.

    It's either naive, intentionally ignoring information, or downright stupidity to think anything contrary to that.
    BAD WOLF

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Few deals try 3000+ ? I played that game endlessly I made money from it from utterly doing it don't insult me because you have no clue how well that market can be bended to my hands
    I'm not trying to insult you. The simple matter is you sniped a few deals and flipped them to make money. Lots of people did this. You're overall affect on the entire market was insignificant. 3000 deals in what time frame? Even if it was as little as one month that still only comes out to 100 items a day. Do you really think 100 items a day is anything more than a piss in the bucket of an economy this size? I'm sure you did very well with the AH. You did not, however, control it, mass manipulate it, or do anything else other than snipe and flip a few items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

  10. #290
    The Unstoppable Force I change my name a lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    I'm not trying to insult you. The simple matter is you sniped a few deals and flipped them to make money. Lots of people did this. You're overall affect on the entire market was insignificant. 3000 deals in what time frame? Even if it was as little as one month that still only comes out to 100 items a day. Do you really think 100 items a day is anything more than a piss in the bucket of an economy this size? I'm sure you did very well with the AH. You did not, however, control it, mass manipulate it, or do anything else other than snipe and flip a few items.
    One person isn't able to do it yes however multiple people to the point can do it keep that in mind why do you think the AH is broken right now? The likely hood of a newb even remotely getting a decent Item is pretty zero to none as he or she can't afford it simply because manipulation of all the Ah freaks and obviously bot freaks WHO DON'T GET BANNED

    Like I'm still in contact with a close friend whos been botting since the beginning of the game what the F is that.

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Drop rates are too low and too unrewarding.
    Drop rates was never the issue, you could boost them yet again and it changes nothing. I thought a bit about this since I started playing PoE and one major difference is how an item is rolled, D3 rolls from affixes based on level of the mob dropping it where as PoE roll affixes from the affix pool, I'll give an example.

    In D3: (added a 0 at the end of top level to illustrate the effect)
    Stamina 1 (level 1-10): 1-100
    Stamina 2 (level 11-20): 11-200
    Stamina 3 (level 21-30): 21-300
    Stamina 4 (level 31-40): 31-400
    Stamina 5 (level 41-50): 41-500
    Stamina 6 (level 51-60): 51-600

    In PoE:
    Stamina 1: 1-10
    Stamina 2: 11-20
    Stamina 3: 21-30
    Stamina 4: 31-40
    Stamina 5: 41-50
    Stamina 6: 51-60

    I think the difference here is one of the main reason, combined with streamlined primary stats, that D3 loot feels unrewarding. The D3 way means that each affix needs to have a span wide enough to be able to roll both bad and good items as it only rolls from the affix for a specific level range, while PoE can roll 3 high level affixes and one low level on the same end game item resulting in both good and bad items without inflating stats.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    I'm not trying to insult you. The simple matter is you sniped a few deals and flipped them to make money. Lots of people did this. You're overall affect on the entire market was insignificant. 3000 deals in what time frame? Even if it was as little as one month that still only comes out to 100 items a day. Do you really think 100 items a day is anything more than a piss in the bucket of an economy this size? I'm sure you did very well with the AH. You did not, however, control it, mass manipulate it, or do anything else other than snipe and flip a few items.
    Let's see: 1 million players buying and selling 10 items a day, that's 10 million items a day, over one week that's 70 million times, over 30 weeks that's 2 billion possible items for trade...

    And he was part of this master control plan with 3000 items ...

    Of course D3 was sold 12 million + times...



    That's the problem with D3 : the figures are really not easy to comprehend with all players on that one server cluster...

    The minute you talked about that one realm WoW economy and compared it with this kind of economic cluster I knew we had a good laugh again.

  13. #293
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    11,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    D3 rolls from affixes based on level of the mob dropping it where as PoE roll affixes from the affix pool, I'll give an example.
    *snip*
    In D3: (added a 0 at the end of top level to illustrate the effect)
    Stamina 1 (level 1-10): 1-100
    *etc*
    I'm assuming that you're saying the POE loot rolls once to determine the overall affix level and then again for the specific stat? And then the ranges between the lowest and the highest aren't as dramatic? It would seem like a solution to the D3 method would be to shorten the ranges (favorably) based on MP.

    If instead of rolling 51-600 regardless of MP, maybe MP 0 would roll 51-300, or even 100-300. Increasing your chance of getting a better quality roll, even though the cap is lowered. Likewise, MP 5 could go 200-500, MP 10 300-600. This would also add a real sense of progression and give you a reason to farm higher levels at slower speeds, because you know the loot chance will be greater.
    BAD WOLF

  14. #294
    I think the difference here is one of the main reason, combined with streamlined primary stats
    This is it exactly for me. I despise that sort of linearity in Action & MMO RPGs.

    It's fantastically less interesting to think about a game when I know Dex is the only thing worth caring about for 59 levels. The idea of max level as an absolute and intended goal in D3 was another sore point for me.

    The things I disliked about Diablo 3 were the same gameplay functions that put me off World of Warcraft; class singularity, stat linearity, objectively vertical progression, etc.

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This is it exactly for me. I despise that sort of linearity in Action & MMO RPGs.

    It's fantastically less interesting to think about a game when I know Dex is the only thing worth caring about for 59 levels. The idea of max level as an absolute and intended goal in D3 was another sore point for me.

    The things I disliked about Diablo 3 were the same gameplay functions that put me off World of Warcraft; class singularity, stat linearity, objectively vertical progression, etc.
    The main dps stat wasnt the only worth thing to carry while leveling im sure of it. Well at least before the major damage nerf.

    Off topic - i remenber many of your past posts and u allways have a new reason to add about why u dont play World of Warcraft or tried it . Diablo 3 also gave u many reasons to be desliked. Maybe what u truly deslike is what D3 and WoW have in common : the Blizzard logo.
    by Aurust :
    Although i havent played it, there is I believe enough info to form a valid opinion.
    To give my opinion on the new WOW xpac..... Ive played enough wow to know MOP is a complete disaster..... I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I'm assuming that you're saying the POE loot rolls once to determine the overall affix level and then again for the specific stat? And then the ranges between the lowest and the highest aren't as dramatic? It would seem like a solution to the D3 method would be to shorten the ranges (favorably) based on MP.
    Yes, like I got a neck the other day that rolled fairly good affixes for damage and resist but ended up with the lowest health affix and as such made it a not so good item, now the difference is that it's still very useful if you can live without the health, the same happening in D3 would more than likely make it utterly useless due to the insanely large affix spans in combination with the focus on primary stat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    If instead of rolling 51-600 regardless of MP, maybe MP 0 would roll 51-300, or even 100-300. Increasing your chance of getting a better quality roll, even though the cap is lowered. Likewise, MP 5 could go 200-500, MP 10 300-600. This would also add a real sense of progression and give you a reason to farm higher levels at slower speeds, because you know the loot chance will be greater.
    It wouldn't help to be fair, it's the same as buffing drop rates, sure you will get better items but then again so will everyone else and the relative value remains the same as does the feeling that it's not good. The stat assigning system is flawed at it's core and probably the worst thing they changed from D2, it broke the fundamentals of the game.

    Obviously the AH affects the perception of gear as well due to how easy it is to put a numerical value on how good an item is, which is another part of the overall problem. My original point was that the loot system is broken though, no matter of buffing the drop rates or changing what item levels drop where, it's much deeper than that and few people recognize it and complain about drop rates instead.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsbefair View Post
    The main dps stat wasnt the only worth thing to carry while leveling im sure of it. Well at least before the major damage nerf.
    Sure, there were some other stats. But for the most part it was just a couple of key stats.

    Off topic - i remenber many of your past posts and u allways have a new reason to add about why u dont play World of Warcraft or tried it .
    Really don't like World of Warcraft at all. Almost every thing about the game is majorly off putting to me. It's one of the MMOs I liked the least of all that I have played.

    I do think World of Warcraft is well made, calculated product. Without question, World of Warcraft is the quintessential theme park MMO. The defining game of the 2nd MMO era.

    Objective truth and personal enjoyment are not always linked.

    Diablo 3 also gave u many reasons to be desliked. Maybe what u truly deslike is what D3 and WoW have in common : the Blizzard logo.
    Oh, I like Diablo 3 actually. A few things irk me here and there- but the basic gameplay of D3 is soundly excellent. Particularly the look and feel of D3 is spectacular, imo.

    Quite a lot of subtle improvements D3 made to the genre [in the mass market at least] that are often ignored. Such as drop-in/out MP games, AH, RMT AH, personalized loot, etc.

    Yea, I am pretty okay with Diablo 3. It's not Diablo 2 v2: The Diabloing, but its a fairly solid game.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-11 at 08:49 PM.

  18. #298
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    11,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    It wouldn't help to be fair, it's the same as buffing drop rates, sure you will get better items but then again so will everyone else and the relative value remains the same as does the feeling that it's not good.

    Obviously the AH affects the perception of gear as well due to how easy it is to put a numerical value on how good an item is
    But see here's where a lot of people's problems come from.

    I think my solution makes the game better because I am not looking at each piece of loot that drops as dollar signs in my eyes. My goal is to increase my DMG number go up and my ability to complete higher MP levels to get better. Perfecting my gear really. To me that is the ultimate goal of these games. If you had a perfect piece of gear in every slot, you are finished until the expansion.

    Is it still the game's fault for having the AH and RMAH and thus forcing people into having the option to only see dollar signs? Yes. My proposed solution would make your individual playtime more productive for you. I'm not factoring in anything else. This isn't an MMO. The AH shouldn't really factor into my personal enjoyment.

    At least it would do that much. It wouldn't solve the AH problem, or people's issues with gear and money, but it would fix the time people spend playing the game vs the personal rewards they receive. I would think they owe us at least that much.
    BAD WOLF

  19. #299
    D3 sold very well, but a lot of sold accounts are pure botting acounts as well. Sadly thats the truth. Got friends who have few D3 accounts just for botting and earning on RMAH. Once banned, they just bought new accounts and reearned what they had to spend on new ones - win:win situation for both parties :X.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2013-02-11 at 08:56 PM.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    D3 sold very well, but a lot of sold accounts are pure botting acounts as well. Sadly thats the truth. Got friends who have few D3 accounts just for botting and earning on RMAH. Once banned, they just bought new accounts and reearned what they had to spend on new ones - win:win situation for both parties :X.
    Oh yeah, all those millions of accounts, half of them are bots. Makes a lot of sense, probably selling the stuff to each other, right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •