Page 1 of 16
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    2012 report: D3 sold 12 million copies

    I finally am close to finishing the single player story on the default mode (i have almost no time,hurray kids). It's not a bad game. It's basically D2 with different skin, storyline, and acts. I like the voice acting. I like the little bits of dialog from your followers (granted this never seems to go anywhere, complete waste). I like the visuals, i like the ease of getting into it. It's an incredibly simple game at its core, and that really appeals to me right now.

    I play a DH and i am hoping to get to level 40ish so i can get a ferret companion, I thought they were a nice touch, homage to WoW hunters. I can also see the appeal of other classes, and the game is short enough to allow some replay value.

    Granted, there is alot not to like. The constant lag and tethering, I am not sure if its my video card or some really fucked up network connection (WoW runs fine for me), but this is my #1 complaint.

    The AH, i never have seen it. I could care less. To me this is a short single player game with some multi-player. I know some people really like the farming aspect, but to me this is not an MMO, was never designed to be a game that you sink 100s of hours into.

    Also the absurd price and inability to sell the game sucks royally. Since blizz is holding all the cards on this i expect the price to be high for a long time, unlike typical games that drop by 1/2 in six months.

    But given all that, the story is interesting and as a simple shooter type game, it's not too bad.

  2. #2
    people will always hate, theres no way around, even if they had what they want they would complain

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    but to me this is not an MMO, was never designed to be a game that you sink 100s of hours into.
    I definitely spent 100s of hours playing both D1 and D2, so I was kinda expecting it to be the same with D3.

    It's not really as bad as some people say (first time you play it it's pretty awesome actually). It simply doesn't have the same longevity as its predecessors, which is what many people were looking for - a new addiction.

  4. #4
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Fine I'll share my point since you've opened my Psychosis. Let me first tell you you will not run higher MP's without the AH the drops were designed in conjunction with the AH which was confirmed by Bashiok even. You are a newb not a bad newb but the fact is you've just only started playing like you wanna say you don't hate it simply because yeah It's first play through which yeah it isn't bad but when you get into the end game which farm act 3 for 12 hours a single g-dam day like I have then you will be frustrated to no end. The game isn't rewarding enough like you have no f'ing clue how many hours I put in that game every single day ( 12 hours is minor ) just not to be rewarded but trash.

    I succeeded in that game most of the time simply because I mastered basic economics along with manipulating the market which I do in every game. I made A LOT of irl money while keeping my char to perfection. I'll tell you my stories with D2 I was also a perfection in that game like 4 99s before I forgot about the account and within 3 months of the game they deleted it big deal; I played D2 for probably more hours then D3 understand? It was also Baal runs mephisto runs cow runs what f ever I destroyed that game and perfected the chars. I hate D3 simply because it isn't Diablo at least not the north version It is Jay wilson's abomination thinking new shit could work for people which some of you defenders are okay accepting it whatever.

    D3 isn't Diablo It's an unrewarding game to the point where it leaves frustration and anger waiting for so g-dam long so dam long... to come out it was suppose to be my main game but no no it didn't. PoE will be the closest thing D3 will ever be unless the D3 expansion could save it which in given fact Diablo 2 was a shit game before It's expansion that is given fact understand that. Here was my schedule in D3

    - Manipulate the market for 2-3 hours
    - Farm for more hours then anyone of you here in this site
    - Manipulate the market again and again and again and again
    repeat

    I kept farming and farming to likely only get something that sold in once in a blue moon it is simply why you defenders piss me off and make me wanna flame you and trash talk you simply because you don't have the god dam experience like I do but okay like the game I'm not going to stop you but don't dare tell me there's nothing wrong with D3.

    TLTR; Game isn't Diablo it is not what I want it to be but nothing more then frustrations and anger that is simply an unrewarding pile of trash that I obviously perfected as well.

    Done
    Last edited by N-aix; 2013-01-26 at 12:10 AM.

  5. #5
    ^loled so hard

    To <3 D3 or To not <3 D3, who care.

  6. #6
    It's a variety of things.

    1. People had unrealistic expectations of D3. D2 nostalgia led to people demanding the best game ever out of D3.
    2. People in general are impossible to please. I can't find a single game where it's forums aren't filled with tons of people complaining, that is unless the game is so unpopular that people don't even bother to complain.
    3. D3 was released prematurely and some never forgave the devs for that. The current version is a solid game. It's come a long way in 6 patches. I think if the current version had come out on release, you'd see a lot less complaining.
    4. Haters gonna hate. For every 1 person who whines on the forums and loudly, there's 100s of others enjoying their game. If D3 was as bad as the complainers on here would have you believe, there wouldn't be much at all on the AH. Instead there's 10s of thousands of auctions which proves there's thousands of accounts listing things every 48 hours.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    I finally am close to finishing the single player story on the default mode (i have almost no time,hurray kids). It's not a bad game. It's basically D2 with different skin, storyline, and acts. I like the voice acting. I like the little bits of dialog from your followers (granted this never seems to go anywhere, complete waste). I like the visuals, i like the ease of getting into it. It's an incredibly simple game at its core, and that really appeals to me right now.

    I play a DH and i am hoping to get to level 40ish so i can get a ferret companion, I thought they were a nice touch, homage to WoW hunters. I can also see the appeal of other classes, and the game is short enough to allow some replay value.

    Granted, there is alot not to like. The constant lag and tethering, I am not sure if its my video card or some really fucked up network connection (WoW runs fine for me), but this is my #1 complaint.

    The AH, i never have seen it. I could care less. To me this is a short single player game with some multi-player. I know some people really like the farming aspect, but to me this is not an MMO, was never designed to be a game that you sink 100s of hours into.

    Also the absurd price and inability to sell the game sucks royally. Since blizz is holding all the cards on this i expect the price to be high for a long time, unlike typical games that drop by 1/2 in six months.

    But given all that, the story is interesting and as a simple shooter type game, it's not too bad.
    You sound like a very casual player. D3 was designed for casuals. I could see you enjoying it more. D2 was designed for hardcore gamers. They are very disappointed in the direction the series went.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Fine I'll share my point since you've opened my Psychosis. Let me first tell you you will not run higher MP's without the AH the drops were designed in conjunction with the AH which was confirmed by Bashiok even. You are a newb not a bad newb but the fact is you've just only started playing like you wanna say you don't hate it simply because yeah It's first play through which yeah it isn't bad but when you get into the end game which farm act 3 for 12 hours a single g-dam day like I have then you will be frustrated to no end. The game isn't rewarding enough like you have no f'ing clue how many hours I put in that game every single day ( 12 hours is minor ) just not to be rewarded but trash.

    I succeeded in that game most of the time simply because I mastered basic economics along with manipulating the market which I do in every game. I made A LOT of irl money while keeping my char to perfection. I'll tell you my stories with D2 I was also a perfection in that game like 4 99s before I forgot about the account and within 3 months of the game they deleted it big deal; I played D2 for probably more hours then D3 understand? It was also Baal runs mephisto runs cow runs what f ever I destroyed that game and perfected the chars. I hate D3 simply because it isn't Diablo at least not the north version It is Jay wilson's abomination thinking new shit could work for people which some of you defenders are okay accepting it whatever.

    D3 isn't Diablo It's an unrewarding game to the point where it leaves frustration and anger waiting for so g-dam long so dam long... to come out it was suppose to be my main game but no no it didn't. PoE will be the closest thing D3 will ever be unless the D3 expansion could save it which in given fact Diablo 2 was a shit game before It's expansion that is given fact understand that. Here was my schedule in D3

    - Manipulate the market for 2-3 hours
    - Farm for more hours then anyone of you here in this site
    - Manipulate the market again and again and again and again
    repeat

    I kept farming and farming to likely only get something that sold in once in a blue moon it is simply why you defenders piss me off and make me wanna flame you and trash talk you simply because you don't have the god dam experience like I do but okay like the game I'm not going to stop you but don't dare tell me there's nothing wrong with D3.

    TLTR; Game isn't Diablo it is not what I want it to be but nothing more then frustrations and anger that is simply an unrewarding pile of trash that I obviously perfected as well.

    Done

    d3 > d2

    dont be mad

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    I definitely spent 100s of hours playing both D1 and D2, so I was kinda expecting it to be the same with D3.

    It's not really as bad as some people say (first time you play it it's pretty awesome actually). It simply doesn't have the same longevity as its predecessors, which is what many people were looking for - a new addiction.
    hmm strange why have i played 500+ hours of d3 then?

  10. #10
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,158
    I didn't play quite as many hours as -Apathy- did of Diablo 3, but I most certainly burned myself out on the game and saw where Blizzard fell short, and am now seeing in Path of Exile how an ARPG is done properly.

    I whole-heartily agree with Apathy's points.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  11. #11
    This game needs random maps, like the ones on torchlight or PoE. I'm sick of Act 3.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by pippen1001 View Post
    hmm strange why have i played 500+ hours of d3 then?
    i really don't know man.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Fine I'll share my point since you've opened my Psychosis. Let me first tell you you will not run higher MP's without the AH the drops were designed in conjunction with the AH which was confirmed by Bashiok even. You are a newb not a bad newb but the fact is you've just only started playing like you wanna say you don't hate it simply because yeah It's first play through which yeah it isn't bad but when you get into the end game which farm act 3 for 12 hours a single g-dam day like I have then you will be frustrated to no end. The game isn't rewarding enough like you have no f'ing clue how many hours I put in that game every single day ( 12 hours is minor ) just not to be rewarded but trash.

    I succeeded in that game most of the time simply because I mastered basic economics along with manipulating the market which I do in every game. I made A LOT of irl money while keeping my char to perfection. I'll tell you my stories with D2 I was also a perfection in that game like 4 99s before I forgot about the account and within 3 months of the game they deleted it big deal; I played D2 for probably more hours then D3 understand? It was also Baal runs mephisto runs cow runs what f ever I destroyed that game and perfected the chars. I hate D3 simply because it isn't Diablo at least not the north version It is Jay wilson's abomination thinking new shit could work for people which some of you defenders are okay accepting it whatever.

    D3 isn't Diablo It's an unrewarding game to the point where it leaves frustration and anger waiting for so g-dam long so dam long... to come out it was suppose to be my main game but no no it didn't. PoE will be the closest thing D3 will ever be unless the D3 expansion could save it which in given fact Diablo 2 was a shit game before It's expansion that is given fact understand that. Here was my schedule in D3

    - Manipulate the market for 2-3 hours
    - Farm for more hours then anyone of you here in this site
    - Manipulate the market again and again and again and again
    repeat

    I kept farming and farming to likely only get something that sold in once in a blue moon it is simply why you defenders piss me off and make me wanna flame you and trash talk you simply because you don't have the god dam experience like I do but okay like the game I'm not going to stop you but don't dare tell me there's nothing wrong with D3.

    TLTR; Game isn't Diablo it is not what I want it to be but nothing more then frustrations and anger that is simply an unrewarding pile of trash that I obviously perfected as well.

    Done
    Honestly Apathy, we didn't need to "open your psychosis" as you say... As much hate as you have for this game, frankly it's psychotic period to have invested as much time as you did in the game and then not even letting it go by posting hundreds of posts here in a game forum of a game you have such anger towards. If I hated this game even half as much as you do I would have stopped within the first month. But why take out your anger on those of us who actually enjoy the game just because you tortured yourself by investing way too much time in something you probably should have given up long ago...

    The few posts you made where you answered someone's gameplay question or offered DH advice or whatever were very helpful and myself and others have appreciated them, so thank you. But honestly these days all you post is incoherent ramblings about how much this game is crap which anyone that follows this forum knows already... I believe your time could be spent in a much better fashion, like actually playing more games than coming here to complain about a single one

  14. #14
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Honestly Apathy, we didn't need to "open your psychosis" as you say... As much hate as you have for this game, frankly it's psychotic period to have invested as much time as you did in the game and then not even letting it go by posting hundreds of posts here in a game forum of a game you have such anger towards. If I hated this game even half as much as you do I would have stopped within the first month. But why take out your anger on those of us who actually enjoy the game just because you tortured yourself by investing way too much time in something you probably should have given up long ago...

    The few posts you made where you answered someone's gameplay question or offered DH advice or whatever were very helpful and myself and others have appreciated them, so thank you. But honestly these days all you post is incoherent ramblings about how much this game is crap which anyone that follows this forum knows already... I believe your time could be spent in a much better fashion, like actually playing more games than coming here to complain about a single one
    You can choose ignore them but when someone ask the opinion of how the game is I'm going to share my point of view and nothing more. My time is endless which is actually playing Dota 2 for like 999999999 hours then switch to PoE and repeat but that's not the point. I'm going to continue and show my frustration of the game until it gets better sorry.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    You can choose ignore them but when someone ask the opinion of how the game is I'm going to share my point of view and nothing more. My time is endless which is actually playing Dota 2 for like 999999999 hours then switch to PoE and repeat but that's not the point. I'm going to continue and show my frustration of the game until it gets better sorry.
    I'm sure spreading your hate on these forums will get your prayers heard, either post them ( a little more subtle) on the official forums or just stop posting these pointless angered posts. A lot of us still enjoy the game and the fact that you spend 12+ hours a day on a game you don't like doesn't go for everyone, I do 1-3 runs a day and I'm still enjoying them as much as when I started.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

  16. #16
    After trying to link your perfect 6 socket bow in poe, you will get mad apathy That and those damn snakes in the a2 temple, really frustrating (unless your a ci sorc and immune)

    People play d3 wrong, they gear up and keep playing low mp lvls. They are going for faster runs instead of actually getting better by pushing their limits with higher mp lvls. I have no idea how people can do low lvl mp runs over and over, its so freak boring and non challenging. People like this are the first to get mad and burnt out.

    Pushing your skill cap is gratifying, shaving 4 secs off your run isnt (unless something drops).

  17. #17
    It's a decent game but the loot system and the dependence on the AH is what ruins the game for me. I'm not a fan of the skill system they put in either but I can live with it. The combat is pretty damn sweet though.

  18. #18
    Diablo3 could of been a masterpiece,instead we just got an average game.

    After playing the last few days with path of exile i just can not believe how damn good it is, all the little attention to detail, the innovation and the atmosphire in the game makes me even more sad to think of what Blizzard released.

    Diablo 3 reminds me of of when you have a brilliant game like Deus ex and then you and make a sequel like Deus ex ins wars, total let down.

    Roll on Grim dawn thats all i can say

  19. #19
    And related to the post above, this is what I said a few days ago in a thead about d3 being "worth it". Got to love the FOTM crowd. Guess the bandwagon is in POE land right now, is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    A few months ago it was Tl2, now POE. Soon it will be Grim Dawn.

    My advice is don't trust the FOTM crowd.
    Last edited by Diocassius; 2013-01-27 at 09:34 AM.

  20. #20
    POE is actually pretty good, devs talk to you in game and stuff. The funniest thing i think i saw is how they handle cheaters, they dont ban you, they change your chars name to publically shame you Some dude had a lvl 82 in beta and got busted, laughing stock of global chat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •