Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,717
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    That and it will never be shown as much love by the developers as PVE, perhaps understandably so.
    PVP is PVP. I prefer my Environment.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  2. #22
    Titan MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    11,093
    I got laughed at once when I said I got my Herald of the Titans back in WOTLK, which was followed up by the guy with "lmao Herald wasn't available in WOTLK" - honestly the hating spreads far and wide to many titles, not just pvp.

    That shit's too common now Used to mean something. Ah well, I've got others... which they can't get... think there's only like 10 Champion of Ulduars left on our server, wasn't too difficult due to being over many locks but still rare. Most of those no longer play either..
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-01-26 at 07:56 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    That and it will never be shown as much love by the developers as PVE, perhaps understandably so.
    This is not about showing "love".
    PvP does not need as much development time as PvE. A PvP map can be played for 20 years, a Raid on the other hand is obsolete after 4-5 months.

  4. #24
    The hardcore players insult the casual players.
    The casual players insult the hardcore players.
    The bad players insult the good players.
    The good players insult the bad players.

    Basically, the circle of WoW, everyone is insulting someone for something. Everything's a "Free purple" "Welfare Epic" or someone's a "Tryhard" a "BG Hero" that, "lol LFR" and so on, or something.

    Basically, the community mostly sucks :x

  5. #25
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,797
    If you attempt to brag about a title, expect people to get uppity about it, likely because they don't like that you're trying to make them care.

    You can pick your nose, and you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your friend's nose.



    Of course, if you're also one of those army-of-one heroes that tries to rush GM alone or hold mid in WSG by yourself and dies repeatedly, then yes, I'd perhaps call your "PvP prowess" into question no matter what shiny title you style yourself with.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-01-26 at 09:38 AM.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  6. #26
    I really do not understand why people would run around, insulting strangers over a very meaningless title. My assumption is that these people are probably 9 year olds (or they are adults with the brain of a 9 year old) and quite frankly you should not even give them any thought at all. They aren't worth the hassle.

  7. #27
    It's because of perceptions. If you're showing arena master that means you have 2200, it also means that you DON'T have duelist or glad. PVP is a very elitist community. Two add two is four.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by aftermathk View Post
    Anyone else only get hate when wearing their Arena Master title? The most common thing a person will say is "you bought it", "it's fake", "not hard to get". Not that I care what any haters have to say, but isn't it strange that people go straight to "hater-mode"? When I see an exceptional raider I don't say "no-life" "you get carried" I assume that this person actually has some sort of understanding of the game which is how they were able to obtain that Mount/Title. Think before you hate. In the real-world, "who you hate" could actually turn out to be your greatest network.
    Honestly, what do you expect from a game that allows rampant carries, cheating, and exploiting? I haven't taken Wow's rated pvp seriously since..... well ever. I might actually start taking it seriously next season, depending on how the new changes work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin
    Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

    Every time you have a question that begins with "Why?" that is about what other people prefer to do with their own goddamn time, come back here, and reread the first row of this post. That will ALWAYS be the answer to your question. Have a nice day.

  9. #29
    I don't see why anyone would whisper you, unless you are one of those showoffs that block mailboxes and similar stuff to show off their crap.
    The reason Stormwind park was completely destroyed was because the night elves there had the audacity to tell Khadgar that Boomkins are superior to Mages in every way. Deathwing just happened to be flying by.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    2200 was rival during all of wrath and first half of cata, actually even in S11 i doubt it was cutting it for Duelist. it was never impressive by any means.

    Idk, i don't tend to get hate for wearing rare titles or riding my glad mount, maybe stop shoving it in face of people, like this thread for example.
    Are you for real ?
    I got Rival from 1979 in S11, BG Misery (most popular one).
    That's how low the ratings where because of MMR changes.

  11. #31
    Bloodsail Admiral rashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Arena carries a very negative stigma thanks to a combination of past reports of win trading and non-PvPers not understanding the system nor caring to learn. That's just the way it is. People think you can rig the system to get glad.
    You can't rig the system with hacking etc, but its possible to win trade to gladiator, people have done so numerous times, i.e these people play at 4.30 am when there is not any legit players on at 2.6k mmr which means they will get matched with their other team which have a similar mmr to them.

    About people hating for wearing a legit title, it mostly comes down to them being jealous or believing you win traded or bought a boost to get it.

    Never got any hate for my bloodthirsty title either thus far, but i guess that is because people know you can't cheat your way to it, as it requires thousands of battlegrounds.
    Last edited by rashen; 2013-01-26 at 10:48 AM.

  12. #32
    Brewmaster Grievuuz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ringsted, Denmark.
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    You can't rig the system with hacking etc, but its possible to win trade to gladiator, people have done so numerous times, i.e these people play at 4.30 am when there is not any legit players on at 2.6k mmr which means they will get matched with their other team which have a similar mmr to them.

    About people hating for wearing a legit title, it mostly comes down to them being jealous or believing you win traded or bought a boost to get it.

    Never got any hate for my bloodthirsty title either thus far, but i guess that is because people know you can't cheat your way to it, as it requires thousands of battlegrounds.
    I would link you to a certain thread on a certain forum right now if I was permitted. Sadly I am not.
    Basically, you're wrong (and I don't mean this in an insulting way ><), a friend of mine discovered how you could multiply your kill count on a specific character when the achievement sharing went live. He tripled the kills he had on his rogue, taking him from roughly 125k kills overall into ~250k+. It was reported and confirmed on ''that'' website.

    Anyhow, I've never in my life gotten any hate for a title, PvP or PvE, at least not without bringing up the subject myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    Umm, skinny guys with abs are like a fat girl with big boobs. It don't really count.

  13. #33
    The Lightbringer Whitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Never got any hate for my bloodthirsty title either thus far, but i guess that is because people know you can't cheat your way to it, as it requires thousands of battlegrounds.
    Botting isn't cheating?

    OT, personally I've never ran into this kind of hating, and I'd assume there was some kind of provocation beforehand. Granted there are nutters out there, but most aggression comes out of provocation, i.e. calling people names, bragging etc.
    WBMA - Leave our beards alone

    Battletag - Whitey#2918 - feel free to add me, I'm a social animal


  14. #34
    Don't brag if you can't handle the hate.

  15. #35
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,408
    I wish i would recieve more whispers like that .. they would boost my ego by miles.. and i would laugh my ass off of those pityful lesser beings .

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Weirdbear View Post
    Boils down to jealousy
    That and often it's not obtained in a legit way. I don't care myself, but if you don't know why so many people are bothered by it then I don't know what to say. :P

    Only title I'm jealous of is "The Magic Seeker" but I don't go bash a person with it. ^^

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    This is not about showing "love".
    PvP does not need as much development time as PvE. A PvP map can be played for 20 years, a Raid on the other hand is obsolete after 4-5 months.
    Was referring more to the balancing of classes -- which will probably never happen unless they make PVP and PVE completely divergent entities.

  18. #38
    The Lightbringer Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,177
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    im guessing people probably start hating after u tell them how much better at pvp u are than them...i doubt people just go around looking for titles to hate on...
    Exactly this, all those things you're saying are all responses to you trying to flaunt it, or boast or whatever, You make it sound like you're a DK going through SW for the first time lol, everyone shouting at you and calling you names xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  19. #39
    Complaining about haters and circlejerking goes hand in hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet

    "This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"

  20. #40
    Mechagnome Zippoflames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Devon, England
    Posts
    613
    Tbh it just seems like more and more fuckwits are playing wow, I got High Warlord on my Mage and have been accused of buying my char/being ebay etc but it also happened to me when I used my Camel Hoarder title..
    Worrying thing is I don't know many players under 20 years old so what does that tell you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •