Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Sha-Touched weapon?

I thought there wasn't going to be any new ones but here it is: 5.2 Raid - Normal - Throne of Thunder - Boss 12 Loot 1 - Str Melee Axe2H. I guess that means that I'll have to go buy the gem and Eye of the Black Prince again.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's not a PTR bug: yay Goldsink ... <_<

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Before looking at one item, take a moment to look at every other link provided. Every SINGLE item is copied from items currently in game. The axe you linked is the same as the Sha of Fear axe except a higher ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Daovan View Post
    Before looking at one item, take a moment to look at every other link provided. Every SINGLE item is copied from items currently in game. The axe you linked is the same as the Sha of Fear axe except a higher ilvl.
    I guess I just assumed that there would be sha touch weapons in every tier, so that we would have weapons to keep using the Legendary gem in. Thats not the case then? Guess the gem socket and the gem from the Black Prince parts one and two won't be useful as long as I thought.
    Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Daovan View Post
    To drive this point home, the 5.2 Raid - Normal - Throne of Thunder - Boss 9 Loot 1 - Agi Melee Mace1H has Spirit on it. So does the 5.2 Raid - Normal - Throne of Thunder - Boss 8 Loot 1 - Str Tank Mace1H.

Edit: How do I get it to do the mouseover thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they would make us able to upgrade the sha-touched weapons. Doesn't make sense that they would not continue with the sha touched weapons when they added the legendary gem and extra socket to those weapons.

Either there will be new ones, or the current ones will be upgrade-able somehow. Almost certain that's the case.

Well, I've been wondering what'll happen with our Sha Touched weapons, so it would make sense we get another one or can upgrade our current one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

It might just be a place holder for now.

It'd be cool if we got to upgrade our Sha-touched weapon throughout the expansion.

Then in the final patch, the weapon we got in the beginning of the expansion is finally buffed into a legendary.
    (It'd be a hell of a lot better than running ICC 50 million times)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    It'd be cool if we got to upgrade our Sha-touched weapon throughout the expansion.

Then in the final patch, the weapon we got in the beginning of the expansion is finally buffed into a legendary.
    Wasn't that what they were doing??

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    It might just be a place holder for now.

I think we might just be getting a new weapon to be honest.

I'd love to just be like "Hey, I got my first stage of the Legendary. I don't have to get anymore weapons." but I'm betting now we'll simply be grabbing a new Sha Touched weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    The point of the Sha touched weapons all along was that they were weapons we acquired and upgraded all throughout the expansion.... and possibly beyond, who knows. Blizzard did kinda point this out on a few occasions but can't find any specific posts. The whole point of the legendary quest chains is to keep updating our "legendary" weapons so as to keep them "legendary" in every tier.

I would be disapointed if they changed this approach.

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    The point of the Sha touched weapons all along was that they were weapons we acquired and upgraded all throughout the expansion.... and possibly beyond, who knows. Blizzard did kinda point this out on a few occasions but can't find any specific posts. The whole point of the legendary quest chains is to keep updating our "legendary" weapons so as to keep them "legendary" in every tier.
    You can't find a post because they never said it.

It seems the idea of the sha touched weapons from tier 14 is that we will continue to upgrade and make them better throughout the expansion until we turn the whole weapon into legendary quality. But the problem is that it requires us to pick up a weapon from a raid tier that will soon be replaced by tier 15. I only have the LFR axe and am still struggling to get the axe from normal mode. I won't use the stuff you get from the prince until I at least get the axe from normal mode. I hope I don't have to come back and farm the weapon even after patch 5.2 is gone. Blizzard should add new sha touched weapons in the new raid instance instead. Would also be a useful money sink I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    It seems the idea of the sha touched weapons from tier 14 is that we will continue to upgrade and make them better throughout the expansion until we turn the whole weapon into legendary quality. But the problem is that it requires us to pick up a weapon from a raid tier that will soon be replaced by tier 15. I only have the LFR axe and am still struggling to get the axe from normal mode. I won't use the stuff you get from the prince until I at least get the axe from normal mode. I hope I don't have to come back and farm the weapon even after patch 5.2 is gone. Blizzard should add new sha touched weapons in the new raid instance instead. Would also be a useful money sink I guess.
    Bout halfway through reading this post I was like "oh god, stuck using axes for another xpack", then remembered they're changing transmonging to allow for axe to sword and so forth. With that in mind either possibility does kinda make sense, but who knows what the fuck they're gonna do with anything these days.

I wouldn't make much of those, they appear to be the same gear as from the last tier with an adjusted ilvl. In other words, they are likely just placeholders.

Oh wow I feel like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Well, I've been wondering what'll happen with our Sha Touched weapons
    I'd like to know how to get ONE sha touched weapon... but that seems beyond me at this stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda hope we do get new weapons to legendarify with the gems and sockets - I suppose like every legendary they will have to fall out of use eventually, but it'd be a shame for all that effort to go into a single tier of upgrades.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion needs a new pair of shoes. Keep buying those gems folks.

You're really best off sticking to information actually contained in our patch notes or other official channels of communication if you're looking to avoid confusion.

There are no more Sha-Touched weapons forthcoming. If you've been diligent about helping Wrathion and continue to do so, your reward in 5.2 is going to be a legendary meta-gem that can go in any helmet.
    from http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...gold-too-much/

so yeah the weapons are just placeholders like they always use for the new tier when they first come out on ptr