Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Neromius View Post
    Maybe they have plans to use your upgraded sha touched weapon to create a legendary weapon...or at least to change it into something more relevant. Really does seem a waste if not.
    Thats what I had always assumed.

Blizz already said the next step is a prismatic socket for your weapon. It is not a helm enchant.
    The prismatic socket is the 5.1 part of the quest. 5.2 adds a legendary meta gem.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=95346

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I don't understand why you care if it's in your mainhand or offhand. 500 str is 500 str.
    My point was, I will not be able to equip my currently gemmed 5.0 weapon if my offhand if i get a new 5.2 weapon and use it in my MH. since I can only have one version of the 500 str gem equipped, whether it is in the MH or the OH.

If I buy a new gem and put it in the 5.2 weapon, because it obviously superior to the 5.0 weapon I currently have, I am now forced to put either a exactly copy of the 5.0 weapon I currently have without a gem in it, or to use a weapon with an item level lower than my 5.0 sha touched weapon. Neither of which I currently have due to RNG. Well I do have one 463 weapon. But why would I use a 463 weapon in my OH when I have a better one?

This is assuming that the 5.2 raid drops new sha touched weapons rather than you simply upgrading them through some sort of quest or NPC.

Current set up 5.1
    496 Shinka socketed with 500 str MH / 463 Goresoaked Headripper OH.

5.2 set up
    - 522 Weapon with sha socket socketed with 500 str MH / 496 Shinka socketed with 500 str OH. Cant do this because I cant have 2 str sockets.
    -522 Weapon with sha socket socketed with 500 str MH / 496 Shinka with no str socket OH. I can do this but requires me to get a second shinka.
    -522 Weapon with sha socket socketed with 500 str MH / 463 Goresoaked Headripper OH. This is what I will have to do until something better comes along, even though I have a better weapon than a 463 to put in the offhand.

I just cant do it, since it is already socketed with the gem, and you cant remove the gem.

or the other option which is kinda weirdo. kinda OCD, seeing that empty gem socket in the main hand will be like it's laughing at me.
    -522 Weapon with with no socket MH / 496 Shinka with str socket OH.

Should be able to remove the gem.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2013-01-26 at 03:22 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    The prismatic socket is the 5.1 part of the quest. 5.2 adds a legendary meta gem.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=95346

My point was, I will not be able to equip my currently gemmed 5.0 weapon if my offhand if i get a new 5.2 weapon and use it in my MH. since I can only have one version of the 500 str gem equipped, whether it is in the MH or the OH.

If I buy a new gem and put it in the 5.2 weapon, because it obviously superior to the 5.0 weapon I currently have, I am now forced to put either a exactly copy of the 5.0 weapon I currently have without a gem in it, or to use a weapon with an item level lower than my 5.0 sha touched weapon. Neither of which I currently have due to RNG.

This is assuming that the 5.2 raid drops new sha touched weapons rather than you simply upgrading them through some sort of quest or NPC.
    I'm still not following. Put your gemmed sha touched in your offhand and put your new tot weapon in your mainhand without the gem. You still get the 500 str.

I'm still not following. Put your gemmed sha touched in your offhand and put your new tot weapon in your mainhand without the gem. You still get the 500 str.
    blanked and completely forgot about that option.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    blanked and completely forgot about that option.
    ohh! are they finally adding dual wielding for casters /paladins / druids?

yes i know you are talking about a specific class, but it won't work for everyone.
    Last edited by Christan; 2013-01-26 at 03:40 AM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you wont the thunderking normal weapons beat the 2/2 heroic weapons easily, 517 vs 522, the 522 wins, and if it is close, for sure the 528/535/541 totally blow them away i do think this is kind of silly, any new alts/players will have to do the first wrathion chapter questline but gain nothing from it if they have a weapon from the thunderking raid.
    How do you figure that +660 to your primary stat loses out to a weapon that is 5 item level points higher? Heck, even the normal weapons (504) with a +660 primary stat are, at worst, on par with a 522 weapon. Secondary stat differential still does not compensate primary stat differential for pretty much every class in the game.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    How do you figure that +660 to your primary stat loses out to a weapon that is 5 item level points higher? Heck, even the normal weapons (504) with a +660 primary stat are, at worst, on par with a 522 weapon. Secondary stat differential still does not compensate primary stat differential for pretty much every class in the game.
    Weapon dps is everything for a warrior. You'd be surprised.

15+ Year Old Account
    I loved all the "Everyone will have legendary weapons!" crying... then this happens. GG whiners!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Considering next tier drops 522 ilvl gear. yes your sha weapons are going to be obsolete pretty quick. Even the LFR versions of 5.2 weaps will be better lol.
    You really think weapons will drop the 1st time through for most people, though? My monk is currenly on 12 gara'jal kills and STILL hasn't seen even one Gara'kal, Fist of the Spritbinder drop.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you wont the thunderking normal weapons beat the 2/2 heroic weapons easily, 517 vs 522, the 522 wins, and if it is close, for sure the 528/535/541 totally blow them away i do think this is kind of silly, any new alts/players will have to do the first wrathion chapter questline but gain nothing from it if they have a weapon from the thunderking raid.
    Weapon dps is everything for a warrior. You'd be surprised.
    You'd be surprised how wrong you are.

DPS Scale factors t14-h fury
    WPDS 7.0
    Streg 3.13
    Crit 2.83

Now let's use h- starshatter vs normal shinka (yes i know it's a 2 hander) Ignoring secondaries for simplicities sake, mainly because they are dependent on the rest of your gear. It's 257 wdps (1799 dps) vs 429 streg(1421 dps) and 320 crit(906dps) which is 1799 dps vs 2327 dps. Keep in mind this is also 6 ilvl difference, not 5.

Another thing of note is that wdps for the OH is around half of that of the mainhand so even if you managed to get a heroic weapon or thunderforged, this would be a fitting offhand for quite some time.

I mean realistically it's not going to matter. Since very few players are going to have 517 sha touched weapons going into 5.2 not to mention those same players will only be seeing normal loot for a few weeks.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2013-01-26 at 05:08 AM.

5.2 set up
    - 522 Weapon with sha socket socketed with 500 str MH / 496 Shinka socketed with 500 str OH. Cant do this because I cant have 2 str sockets.
    -522 Weapon with sha socket socketed with 500 str MH / 496 Shinka with no str socket OH. I can do this but requires me to get a second shinka.
    -522 Weapon with sha socket socketed with 500 str MH / 463 Goresoaked Headripper OH. This is what I will have to do until something better comes along, even though I have a better weapon than a 463 to put in the offhand.
    THERE ARE NO SHA TOUCHED WEAPONS IN 5.2
    placeholder data is placeholder

and blizzard is not going to give you weapons that you upgrade every tier

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    THERE ARE NO SHA TOUCHED WEAPONS IN 5.2
    placeholder data is placeholder

and blizzard is not going to give you weapons that you upgrade every tier
    It was either in the post you quoted or the one prior to that. That I said "if the weapons in 5.2 are sha touched" I didnt say the were definitely going to be. I was working with a hyperthetical situation in which there were.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    They will add a quest to upgrade the weapon to a new itemlevel - the final quest will make it legendary quality. That's how it worked in the past and will work this time and will work in the future. You really think what you wrote? Think again.
    Considering GC stated there is no sha touched weapons in 5.2 in a blue post which someone else linked in this thread. I did think before I wrote. It has already been noted their is no weapon upgrade of any kind on the sha touched weapons.

Couldn't care less...

If Sha touched weapons dropped from raid end bosses, then that would be cool, but I don't give a ... about smt that drops in LFR

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Warriors say hello. I would use a 522 weapon over a heroic sha weapon 2/2 upgraded any day of the week. Every important ability is based off of weapon damage. A 522 item will have a higher weapon damage than a heroic 2/2 one. the 500str gem doesn't compensate in damage because crit is our best stat this xpac.