Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    HERESY! There is only ONE DINOSAUR GOD, and that is THE VELOCIRAPTOR

I declare velociraptor jihad on you, non-believer! Shun the T-rexer! SHUN HIM
    Utahraptors are the best, 10 feet tall instead of 6 foot velociraptors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprised, Saudi's my least fav country throughout the middle east. They're far too strict when it comes to morality and religion to the point it downgrades them from what is a very nice country.
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    The police went into a store with dinosaurs. No one knows if it has anything to do with those plastic dinosaur. The hiding part comes from speculation by twitters. People do not have a clue why the police were called to enter the shop, may be something with arms dealing or illigal theft of dinosaur bones.
    The issue with that thought is that it was not the police that did this but morality cops. From the article "Agents of the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, she said, were causing an unpleasant scene. The government-salaried vigilantes, a bearded auxiliary police force familiarly known to Saudis as the Hayaa, which is supposed to enforce public morality"

So it is unlikely they went in there to bust some perps. They likely did it because they decided that Dinosaurs were in some way objectionable material.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Pre-emptive warning let's keep this thread on topic, avoid bashing or discussing religion.

And also stop the spam posts
    The Hayaa is their religious police. Who walk around with sticks and are "allowed" to beat people they think do not follow Sharia. How, in science's name, can we keep out religion of the discussion?

15+ Year Old Account
    Might've closed it because the whole concept of dinosaurs undermines their religious theories about how the world was created?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of honestly interesting to see this. Lately it's been so many other things being pointed at, but now dinosaurs. Have we come full circle?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Thank god for the internet, now these religious nutcases can be ridiculed by their own people.
    This is a small start to a better world, but I fear a lot of countrys will have to go trough hell for it :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The Hayaa is their religious police. Who walk around with sticks and are "allowed" to beat people they think do not follow Sharia. How, in science's name, can we keep out religion of the discussion?
    Because these "religious" police do everything but follow religion in their acts.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Might've closed it because the whole concept of dinosaurs undermines their religious theories about how the world was created?
    Nope, and fun fact dinosaur toys have been sold in Saudi for many years. I had a bin full of them when I used to live there.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 01:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Thank god for the internet, now these religious nutcases can be ridiculed by their own people.
    This is a small start to a better world, but I fear a lot of countrys will have to go trough hell for it :S
    I don't want to sound cynical but the Saudi government is known to take people who speak out against them in social media, public, or whatever to a short "trip" if you know what I mean.

It's reassuring that no one in the tweets is taking them seriously. The problem lies in their still being able to cause public disturbances like this. Vigilantes enforcing their own justice, shutting down the lights and ordering everyone out of the building? Insane, how are they not arrested for disturbing the peace with these shenanigans?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.