Thread: Lei Shen fight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trolden View Post
    As I understood, he starts attacking with AOE damage, and leaves zones on the ground, if you step in them - you get tons of damage, if you dont - elementals will overrun you, so i think it's about balancing the amount of adds and raid damage
    He uses all his spells he usually use when near a conduit at the same time, a chain lightning that summons an add on every target, 2 stacking mechanics and a catch the lightning mechanic that spawns add if you dont catch them. There was really no raid damage at all, unless you had 3 target son one of the stacking ability.

I know it sounds like bitch but the quality looks so bad T.T
    It looks like 720p stretched to 1080p . ASFAFAKFJL wish I was home to go do the fight myself but I'll have to deal with it in video form :3.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    so is this raid something like ulduar quality wise or worse ?
    Raid looks awesome so far. Think they really managed to surpass what they did in Ulduar. Place is absolutely huge and some places inside are breathtaking. We had 6 bosses tested so far and it looks really, really promising. Lei Shen...both the room and the fight look amazing. Has potential to be up there with the best ever with some proper tuning.

Deleted
    I actually like the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    I know it sounds like bitch but the quality looks so bad T.T
    It looks like 720p stretched to 1080p .
    Here's a 1080P version

The fight is really fun and everything looks spectacular. It's a bit too easy because when you figure out what cool looking shit does what, there won't be much damage at all. But i'm sure that will get tuned up.

Is anyone watching the stream right now?
    This fight looks amazing.. Like, oh my god, i think this is the most epic looking fight in WoW in general, so many cool things.
    Blizz have outdone themselves this time

I think you're exaggerating a little bit. Although it is quite a cool fight and the art is very nice in the room I dont think its the most epic looking fight in WoW ever, Kiljaedens room was pretty amazing looking and I am not sure fighting on top of the frozen throne can ever be totally matched in how cool that was.

As far as the fight itself goes -- its actually very well done, and well designed for a normal end boss. I'm not sure if the damage was so low because of the scaling to ilvl 517 but all the big damage spikes at least up until 30% which is where we got was controllable in some way. I say up the damage on everything ESPECIALLY tank damage, tanks could literally keep themselves with little effort (any class)

Great boss though!

Gear was indeed scaled to 517 for this fight, not 502. Probably because it's assumed that by the time you get to him you'll have a few upgrades.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z...?s=5300&e=5750 -- that's the log from when my group killed him from a healing standpoint. Damage wasn't too bad. The closest fight I could find that matched the HPS was my H Will kill this week (176k raid hps) whereas this was 175k. Looking at the graph though, you can see it just comes in spikes due to the spread/collapse nature of the fight. For that reason alone, the damage should probably be increased a bit so that mistakes are more deadly (i.e. if you mess up the stacking for Overcharge, the stun really isn't that big a deal) and there's something to actually heal in-between the times the raid is stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    I think you're exaggerating a little bit. Although it is quite a cool fight and the art is very nice in the room I dont think its the most epic looking fight in WoW ever, Kiljaedens room was pretty amazing looking and I am not sure fighting on top of the frozen throne can ever be totally matched in how cool that was.

As far as the fight itself goes -- its actually very well done, and well designed for a normal end boss. I'm not sure if the damage was so low because of the scaling to ilvl 517 but all the big damage spikes at least up until 30% which is where we got was controllable in some way. I say up the damage on everything ESPECIALLY tank damage, tanks could literally keep themselves with little effort (any class)

Great boss though!

Lei Shen's room actually look more epic than the top of icecrown imo.

After pushing this fight into p3 and wiping it for more practice, I can also say that this fight is very cool. Looking forward to t15.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    After pushing this fight into p3 and wiping it for more practice, I can also say that this fight is very cool. Looking forward to t15.
    From what I've seen, god it's a lovely fight

At first I thought Lei-Shen's room was the 13th bosses room, but obviously not after watching the streams. So, I wonder how we'll get into Raden's room? For Algalon you opened to the door with the sigils, and for Sinestra, Cho'gall broke part of the floor...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    looks like it will be a lag-fest for people with sub-par pc's. other than that, amazing looking fight

Look cool can't wait to see it in LFR...