Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by calaelan View Post
    what on earth would make you have respect for Russia?
    They have a history that shows they are not to be fucked with, they even cast off Communism and embraced Democracy, they are still crooked but they are taking babysteps towards joining the civilised world.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Says who? That's exactly what it means. Only angry, impotent young men have made it seem negative because they have a major inferiority complex against girls
    You are whiteknighting again. And demonizing the opposite side again.

http://historyoffeminism.com/white-f...ond-world-war/

A 15-year-old boy lied about his age to get into the army in 1914. He was in the retreat from Mons, the Battle of the Marne and the first Battle of Ypres, before he caught a fever and was sent home. Walking across Putney Bridge, four girls gave him white feathers. “I explained to them that I had been in the army and been discharged, and I was still only 16. Several people had collected around the girls and there was giggling, and I felt most uncomfortable and … very humiliated.” He walked straight into the nearest recruiting office and rejoined the army.
    Women have been abusing their power to define "what is a real man" since forever. If you honestly think you can silence us by insulting us, you are wrong.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-01-27 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Women have been abusing their power to define "what is a real man" since forever. If you honestly think you can silence us by insulting us, you are wrong.
    Don't fall for his BS arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    You are whiteknighting again.
    No, I'm being normal and healthy. You can only find one anecdotal and probably apocryphal story to prove you feel impotent when it comes to women.

It's not an insult. You literally just said you feel powerless to define yourself because women define it!
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    The ignorance towards Christianity is also annoying. You people realize while Christianity thinks homosexuality as a sin it doesnt codemn these people to hell nor hate them for their actions. In fact hating them would be very non-Christian. It is sin the same as lying and adultery (which includes having sex before marriage) and most people on earth have done those. Cant Christians be allowed to disagree with it without being classified as homophobes and biggots?
    You speak of if in theory, how about practice? You see a high degree of tollerance in catholic countries which tend to have a high degree of religous people?
    People are allowed to agree or disagree. That is not the issue, the issue is legislation impacting/limiting/oppress other people.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Any single straight man that does not have a gay friend is a damned fool, best wingman you could ever have AND you can trust them alone with your women. No matter how close you think your straight best friend is, at the back of your mind you do not 100% trust him alone for the day with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    Darenyon is a textbook feminism zealot so is Fusion something and several others.
    Merely being zealous is not what you accused feminists of. I don't know who Fusion is, but I have not seen Darenyon espouse any belief in "female superiority" and "male suppression". And while I don't know her well enough to rule it out, I'm pretty damn sure you can't find any posts from other feminists in this forum like Kasierith, selkhet, Zhangfei, or me.

Feminism is not used to describe strong women that want equality anymore.
    Because of people like you equating feminism to "male suppression".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    They have a history that shows they are not to be fucked with, they even cast off Communism and embraced Democracy, they are still crooked but they are taking babysteps towards joining the civilised world.
    The democracy thing is debatable. It remains to be seen whether any country not founded as a democratic republic can truly become one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    What.....?
    Go ahead, read, guy from the rich, peaceful and uncorrupt Russia. Just a little example to help you to immerse in reality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The democracy thing is debatable. It remains to be seen whether any country not founded as a democratic republic can truly become one.
    Still better than the Soviet union, as I said, they are taking baby steps towards catching up the rest of Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Merely being zealous is not what you accused feminists of. I don't know who Fusion is, but I have not seen Darenyon espouse any belief in "female superiority" and "male suppression". And while I don't know her well enough to rule it out, I'm pretty damn sure you can't find any posts from other feminists in this forum like Kasierith, selkhet, Zhangfei, or me.
    I'm a feminist! How come I get no mention? SHEESH.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Russia a democracy, for real Rich?
    That is a freaking joke
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    That is a freaking joke
    As I said, better than the Soviet Union. They are getting there slowly, they will catch up eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    You speak of if in theory, how about practice? You see a high degree of tollerance in catholic countries which tend to have a high degree of religous people?
    People are allowed to agree or disagree. That is not the issue, the issue is legislation impacting/limiting/oppress other people.
    Catholicism tends to be more of a "done" social thing in many of its heartland countries like France, Spain, etc. The more oppressive countries tend to be majority Protestant or Orthodox.

You speak of if in theory, how about practice? You see a high degree of tollerance in catholic countries which tend to have a hig degree of religous people for example?
    But by some people using specific churches as an example as "what Christians do and think" towards homosexuals is no different than me taking a news post about a black kid murdering someone and then saying things like "Blacks are murderers and dangerous." Making generalizations against an entire religion which takes up nearly 1/3 of the Earth's population based on the actions of the few is... wrong to say the least. Im not necessarily saying you are doing it but many others are and it gets old hearing the same thing over and over again on what Christians believe and think when, the people making these asinine statements have close to zero knowledge whatsoever of what Christianity is actually about.

Also Catholicism =/= Christianity
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-01-27 at 01:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    As I said, better than the Soviet Union. They are getting there slowly, they will catch up eventually.
    At least with the USSR we had a worthy adversary; sorry, but the Taliban doesn't cut it. And great spy movies.

That is a freaking joke
    What country was dropping propaganda in Belarus again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    But by some people using specific churches as an example as "what Christians do and think" towards homosexuals is no different than me taking a news post about a black kid murdering someone and then saying things like "Blacks are murderers and dangerous." Making generalizations against an entire religion which takes up nearly 1/3 of the Earth's population based on the actions of the few is... wrong to say the least. Im not necessarily you are doing it but many others are and it gets old hearing the same thing over and over again on what Christians believe and think when, the people making these asinine statements have close to zero knowledge whatsoever of what Christianity is actually about.
    Black people don't have a founding piece of literature that has been interpreted as a justification for oppression of homosexuals. Christians are known to do that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Catholicism tends to be more of a "done" social thing in many of its heartland countries like France, Spain, etc. The more oppressive countries tend to be majority Protestant or Orthodox.
    The least oppressive countries tend to have the highest ammount of atheists, that kind of says it all to me personally

10+ Year Old Account
    The only predominantly Protestant country that is pretty anti-gay is the USA?
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.