Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    I hope you are aware that the people who participate in parades don't represent all of us, right?

I don't hold all Christians in the same view as the WBC or believe all Muslims agree with the members of Al Queada.

I am aware, but a lot of people aren't. So gay parades should stop doing that for their own good. And it should stop being called a parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    I am aware, but a lot of people aren't. So gay parades should stop doing that for their own good. And it should stop being called a parade.
    I'm not sure I agree. While I may find the behaviour of some of the individuals that attend reprehensible I can see some of the positive things Prides provide. For example they are a visible show of strength of numbers, which helps to roughly quantify the number of LGBT people in an area. Such public shows also allow teens/people struggling to come to terms with their sexuality that they aren't alone. Also, while there may be those that take the whole 'gay stereotype' to the extreme there are also just regular people who happen to be gay there too.

And I don't really mind what it's called.
    Last edited by Activi-T; 2013-01-26 at 12:00 PM.

I kind of like the parade, I'm not gay btw, but it's good fun, lots of great parties as well. It's more like an urban festival then "I'm gay and proud of it" event, so imo it's like disliking the Rio Carnival. Street parties ain't to everyones liking though!

Anyways, Russia have had problems like this for a long time, there are other similiar issues to, their legal system for example is still quite currupt, esp corporate law.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggo View Post
    All those gay parades and ostentatious kissing don't help you people get a good image around the world.
    Go learn about why the Pride movement started, I think you really need to learn some context.

And do you object to carnivals that are mainly made up of straight people? do you protest when you see straight people hold hands or kiss in public? I doubt it, so ask yourself what the difference is. If you are not prejudiced then surely you have nothing to object to in prides....

LGBT parades do nothing more than enrage a good portion of the Russian citizens. That country aint the US, parades don´t do anything positive there.(Especially in a demographic of Orthodox Christians)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    I kind of like the parade, I'm not gay btw, but it's good fun, lots of great parties as well. It's more like an urban festival then "I'm gay and proud of it" event, so imo it's like disliking the Rio Carnival. Street parties ain't to everyones liking though!

Anyways, Russia have had problems like this for a long time, there are other similiar issues to, their legal system for example is still quite currupt, esp corporate law.
    I'm not saying there shouldn't be a parade. I'm saying that it should be organized differently. To make it look more like a protest.

I also live in a close-minded Orthodox Christian country, and what Arlon says is correct . You are not supposed to act like that around bigots, especially around bigots of epic proportions such as the scum from the ex-soviet block, because they see it as a provocation.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-01-26 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Shame, just as I was starting to have a little hope and respect for Russia.
    These two idiots were actively trying to provoke. That's why they got a ticket. They got a ticket for provoking not for kissing each other. Do you think these two are the first two male guys that ever kissed in Russia??? Or do you think it should be allowed for a heterosexual couple to start making out and fucking in front of a church? Do you think it should be absolutely OK to provoke on purpose?

Just as i gained a little respect for America they find a new opportunity to point fingers at other countries so they can feel better about themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melt View Post
    These two idiots were actively trying to provoke. That's why they got a ticket. They got a ticket for provoking not for kissing each other. Do you think these two are the first two male guys that ever kissed in Russia??? Or do you think it should be allowed for a heterosexual couple to start making out and fucking in front of a church? Do you think it should be absolutely OK to provoke on purpose?

Just as i gained a little respect for America they find a new opportunity to point fingers at other countries so they can feel better about themselves.
    He is from the UK not the US. Ticket or not, Russia oppress gay people among other things.
    Shame and I hope there are repercussion.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Everytime their is something about gay rights, the church is involved somehow, you never see atheists protest against these sort of things... Makes you wonder what religion is good for on an organized scale, they should stop the tax benefits religion gets. If people would have to pay to go to church you would see a rapid decline in believers. (and an increase in tolerance)
    That is prejudiced nonsense, or at least an idealized illusion of atheists. Bigotry is not an invention of religion, nor is it limited to people of faith. Religious people just have one more excuse to "justify" their bigotry, but atheists are on average just as bigoted and intolerant. "Being an intolerant asshole" is a human quality, not a religious one.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be a parade. I'm saying that it should be organized differently. To make it look more like a protest.

I also live in a close-minded Orthodox Christian country, and what Arlon says is correct . You are not supposed to act like that around bigots, especially around bigots of epic proportions such as the scum from the ex-soviet block, because they see it as a provocation.
    Yeah I hear you, no fun in that though ;P

I kid!

I guess what I mean is that people should just embrace/accept it rather then fight it that way they wouldn't have to deal with having gay-priders push their agenda down their throats(now it sounds like I hate gay priders ;P) as long as it's not something crazy, if gay rights ain't an issue that needs to be debated it won't be in everyones face... because there is nothing to debate.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

I think we forget how not long ago Russia was a totalitarian state, and it's going through the motions of trying to shake off these mentalities and establishing a free and just state.

Deleted
    I assumed they were just banning gay parades.

Gays are people just like you and me, but I don't see "straight" parades.

I've a few gay friends, scottish friend of mine is absolutely against said parades, he feels that he can like whoever he likes, doesn't need to prance about in a parade and be noticed... He's just a normal person who happens to like other men.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post

I've a few gay friends, scottish friend of mine is absolutely against said parades, he feels that he can like whoever he likes, doesn't need to prance about in a parade and be noticed... He's just a normal person who happens to like other men.
    Those poor discriminated straight people. Oh how their marriage and other rights are denied.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    The hell is "homosexual propaganda"?

People are afraid Parades and TV will brainwash their kids. Wouldn't you be afraid TV networks like Fox could turn your kids in to Creations?
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-01-26 at 12:48 PM.

Yea, those Gays should just stay in their closets, cause you know Pride is just all about stuffing Homosexuality in your face. Clearly that is the point. I mean why else would Gay folk have Pride Parades?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Why do people assume all those that don't like gay people are christians?

Quote Originally Posted by Piggo View Post
    Why do people assume all those that don't like gay people are christians?
    Because for most people the majority of the drama they see about it stems from Christianity, BUT there is a lot of ignorance there too. They don't see the difference between a Roman Chathloic (anti gay priesthood) and an Episcopalian ( Gay inclusive ) or any other sub grp off the major branch ...
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Because for most people the majority of the drama they see about it stems from Christianity, BUT there is a lot of ignorance there too. They don't see the difference between a Roman Chathloic (anti gay priesthood) and an Episcopalian ( Gay inclusive ) or any other sub grp off the major branch ...
    There is a religion South East from europe that still kills their gays. Depends on what kind of drama you focus on, really.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-01-26 at 01:09 PM.

So they're trying to ban gay pride parades. Seems reasonable to me. They seem like they would be rather annoying to have happen in whatever city/town you lived in.

15+ Year Old Account

Banning Gay Propaganda is the law that got passed. Problem is its not defined so people can be arbitrary arrested.
    Then again Russia doesnt have a legal system worth shit, totally corrupt.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.