Quickest spec to level 1-90??

Hello all. I am curious which spec is the quickest to level with.
    Ill be doing mainly questing and dungs only once each for the quests in there
    I have an 85 ret pally on a different server but don't wanna pay for the transfer so I am going to level a new one
    I haven't played the pally class in awhile and am curious which would be the fastest

Ty in advance for the replys

Deleted
    Ret all the way to 90.

Prot, go ret post-80.

Deleted
    If you are doing dungeons once each for the quest, that will go a long way to getting to level 80. I would go prot for insta queues as a tank. I found the queues for dps almost prohibitively long while leveling; even as a healer, they were not great.

You'll get dual spec soon enough so can switch to ret if you want while questing. Tank dps without vengeance has been horribly nerfed in MoP, but maybe it's ok for leveling as you will get decent aoe and survivability to compensate.

Full looms, lvl 25 guild, lots of hydrocodone. It took me two 4 days 22 hours play time to hit 1-90

It depends on how you measure "quickest". If you measure by time played, but you can spread that time over a longer period, then definitely Brewmaster or Mistweaver. Get instant dungeon queues, do 2 dungeons for 1 hour each day to consume the daily 50% XP buff from the monk leveling daily. My Brewmaster is currently at 68, with just over 1 day /played.

If you level on a PvE realm, you could consider spending the same time questing, in which case Windwalker would work as well.

EDIT: Ah... This is the Paladin forum. Sorry. :-)
    Last edited by Elodeon; 2013-01-26 at 04:33 AM.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elodeon View Post
    It depends on how you measure "quickest". If you measure by time played, but you can spread that time over a longer period, then definitely Brewmaster or Mistweaver. Get instant dungeon queues, do 2 dungeons for 1 hour each day to consume the daily 50% XP buff from the monk leveling daily.

If you level on a PvE realm, you could consider spending the same time questing, in which case Windwalker would work as well.
    Note that this is the Paladin forum.

OT: Questing as Ret is the "quickest" way to level. Personally, I like to dungeon every now and then, and tbh low-level dungeon queues are fine as DPS. One you get to 85 though, you may want to pick up some Prot gear if you want to dungeon. But like I said, questing as Ret is "quickest."

EDIT: You won't need to go Prot, especially if you have heirlooms. As Ret, you have plenty of survivability. You can throw a Flash of Light on yourself (which will pretty much full heal you until you get to Cata) or WoG. Once you get Selfless Healer, it gets even better since you won't even need to use mana for it.
    Last edited by Static Transit; 2013-01-26 at 04:34 AM.

Ret for quests prot for dungeons