Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by galluk View Post
    More like, the government announcing a new, trillion dollar research project to treat people from burns from putting their hands into fire, when the solution is, stop putting your hands into fire.
    Except AIDs isn't as preventable as sticking hands into fire since there is a large unknown element, and it's more like a 20 billion dollar research project.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Its kind of irriating to me that so much money has been poured into curing a preventable diesease.
    Its very irritating to see people complain about what amounts to pocket change for the federal government being spent on a good cause, while saying nothing about hundreds of billions being wasted elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cure for HIV is money. See Magic Johnson.

It has already been cured, but the process is no where near optimal or where you would want for mass use

Not to mention that there is far more profit in keeping it a chronic disease where infected people have to relie on steady medication sadly

1.5 million peple die a month from that diesase...when was the last time we had a telethon to cure malaria?

Or we can look at TB. Tuberculosis is caused by the Koch bacterium. It is as old as the humankind. TBC was found even in mummies coming from the ancient Egypt and Peru. 2 million people die annually of tuberculosis. About 150 million people are estimated to have died of TBC since 1914.
    Not surprisingly, your facts are way off.

In 2010, AIDS killed about 1.8 million people.
    In 2010, malaria killed between 600,000 and 1.2 million people. (You're more than an order of magnitude off!) It is somewhat preventable and curable.
    In 2011, TB killed about 1.4 million people. It is also already curable and preventable, and declining.

You should probably check your data before arguing about the relative importance of one disease over another.
    Last edited by BrerBear; 2013-01-26 at 09:12 AM.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Deleted
    I'd just rather approach it in a different way.

1. promote use of condoms
    2. I know it sounds crazy but here me out.....actually know enough about your sexual partner to know if they are clean or not.

craziness i know

a ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
    1 is already being done but guess what , there is this dude in Rome telling his followers how bad that is and they should just breed like rabbits undoing all the work that sensible people are trying to do.
    2 the only way you can know for sure is by getting your partner tested , a luxury people in third world country's can't afford and than there is the problem that some people don't get choose the one they have sex with (ie rape , getting married of etc etc)
    Once a disease has spread it doesn't go away , we need vaccines for that and even with that it's going to take a very long time before it's 'gone' and even than probably not forever , most viruses got this nasty habit of liking to evolve.

This might help the discussion