Poll: the interwebs will have its own language

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Internet slang is universal and warps all other languages, its equality personified !

Deleted
    I think it might be. I personally always try to type in full sentences, with coherent punctuation and spelling. Even when texting people I use full sentences (although this has become easier as of late with touchscreen phones).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    I think it might be. I personally always try to type in full sentences, with coherent punctuation and spelling. Even when texting people I use full sentences (although this has become easier as of late with touchscreen phones).
    Although autocorrect and autocomplete sometimes fucks with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well since I've seen L33T speak language on facebook this is not impossible..

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    It is already its own language but it is restricted to the Internet
    I wish there were no people who said lol in real life instead of just laughing like a normal person but sadly that isn't the case.

It sort of is in it own little way. I've seen some pretty extreme cases of people using it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by borinaria View Post
    Slang is just an excuse for uneducated people.
    Hey. I'm quite educated, yet I use slang all the time. I call it philological bludging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it will become a language on it's own to be honest.. I also like the fact that all respondents in this thread are talking like they would normally do, instead of using acronyms :') I use this so called slang on and off, whenever I feel like it. I wouldnt say im uneducated (psychology major), I just like to switch to an easier form of language because, sometimes writing (research) papers gets so boring.

This whole internet language slang is a interesting one though. It's being brought to other people through friends & peers rather then parents which is pretty much the standar thing in any culture. We are all in a 'internet' culture which greatly overlaps the culture we as a person were born into, and this only will be more and more of influence as younger kids start to dive straight into the digital at a younger age. But the time spent in their own culture will outplay will be far greater then time spent in the 'digital world' so I don't think there will be a point when the internet slang will become a language in it's own.

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Deleted
    Why is it that, every time someone claims that Languages are dynamic, they evolve, usually is to defend the ""dumbing down" of said language?

Deleted
    The internet is forming itself into a cess pit of retardation.