Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    The lack of Thunderstruck disappoints me. Every vid, on every lei shen kill, needs to have at least Thunderstruck in it!

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 11:18 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    The fight looks OK. Nothing impressive though. The glitter on the floor is like in Tempest Keep, except way too exaggerated.

    A Chinese name for a boss. I find it as odd as if the boss was named Donald Trump or George Bush. Why give life-like names to bosses in warcraft? I want my fantasy world back.
    Lei Shen "雷神" commonly known as Lei Gong is a Chinese Taoist deity whose name means "Thunder God." One should know their facts before saying it's a 'random chinese name'
    Last edited by ExtremeActionTess; 2013-01-26 at 10:20 PM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    I doubt anyone in China is named Lei Shen, because it literally means Thunder God.
    Also, all Vrykul bosses in WotLK have life-like scandinavian names.
    Your clueless response could have been avoided by a quick google search...

    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Lei/Shen

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 06:20 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    The lack of Thunderstruck disappoints me. Every vid, on every lei shen kill, needs to have at least Thunderstruck in it!

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 11:18 PM ----------



    Lei Shen "雷神" commonly known as Lei Gong is a Chinese Taoist deity whose name means "Thunder God." One should know their facts before saying it's a 'random chinese name'
    Again...

    My point stands. 81 people with the name on LinkedIn. I assume there are many more. It's a real name.

    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Lei/Shen

  3. #43
    i think naming culture in west and east is different

    let see asain name... itachi (fruit) tachibana (tree) lei (thunder), kamiya (kami = god), akira (bright)

    let see west people name their baby fruit,tree,thunder, god, bright ....oh wait...
    "if you dont like it, dont play the game! I love the way this game is 100% and nothing should be changed, because beta's aren't meant to improve a game. I will defend this games honor with my life and will refuse that anything bad be said about things that could be improved!"

    - The FFXIV Community. (and some of "legacy" player)

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Again...

    My point stands. 81 people with the name on LinkedIn. I assume there are many more. It's a real name.
    Do you actually think all 81 of those Lei Shens use the same characters? Chinese is a character based writing system. You're complaining that multiple different names when romanized in pinyin look the same. I going to make a wild guess that none of those 81 people are actually named Thunder God.

    Did you know that the name "Bill" and the word "beer" are pronounced exactly the same in Japanese? Some Japanese person is probably complaining that Blizzard named one of their major holidays "Bill"-fest.
    Last edited by SamR; 2013-01-27 at 09:21 AM.

  5. #45
    What happened to him dual wielding an axe and a polearm into every battle?!

    I watched the video and then read the last few posts of the thread... i don't even want to know how it came to be an argument on Chinese names.

  6. #46
    Epic! Lei Shi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Terrace of Endless Spring
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Your clueless response could have been avoided by a quick google search...

    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Lei/Shen

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 06:20 AM ----------



    Again...

    My point stands. 81 people with the name on LinkedIn. I assume there are many more. It's a real name.

    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Lei/Shen
    You've already been proven to be utterly clueless by comparing it to common names like George Bush.
    Again, NO ONE in the real world is named Lei Shen, that is guaranteed. Not now, not in the past and most likely not in the future either.
    Denying this will take all your credibility away.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Your clueless response could have been avoided by a quick google search...

    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Lei/Shen

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 06:20 AM ----------



    Again...

    My point stands. 81 people with the name on LinkedIn. I assume there are many more. It's a real name.

    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Lei/Shen
    Which might be a valid arguement, except that for the Mogu king, "Lei Shen" is his Given Name. I am willing to bet that prety much every single person in that Linkdin search has a given name of either "Lei" or "Shen", with their family name then being the other one.

  8. #48
    Epic! Lei Shi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Terrace of Endless Spring
    Posts
    1,519
    By the way....

    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Jaina/Proudmoore
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Arthas/Menethil

    LOL, the validity of that site is highly questionable.

  9. #49
    Bloodsail Admiral Caylis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Posts
    1,225
    Can you upload it without the fancy music please... it's blocked in my country (uk) and on't let me view it.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Your clueless response could have been avoided by a quick google search...

    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Lei/Shen

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 06:20 AM ----------



    Again...

    My point stands. 81 people with the name on LinkedIn. I assume there are many more. It's a real name.

    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Lei/Shen
    LinkedIn is YOUR argument? Seriously? Try getting a valid source... if I search for Barack Obama I get 2 presidents of the USA. Surely THAT is a good source for tracking names which are completely real, right?

    And you're comparing the name of a deity from Eastern mythology to plain and common names with no special background.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakh View Post
    We will NOT see an Old God this expac, at max just his remnants. It is stated in lore and confirmed by Blizzard that the Titans fought Y'Shaarj and this was the first and only Old God the Titans truly killed. That's how the Sha were created: the final breath of the Old God before it died. That is also the reason why the Titans decided that they couldn't kill off all the other Old Gods, as the remnants of them (on Pandaria the Sha) were at least as powerful, if not more powerful, than the Old Gods in their living state, together with the point that when all the Old Gods die, Azeroth itself will be destroyed, as the Gods linked themselves to the core of the planet in its primordial state right after its creation. It is also rumored that a Titan fell in this war against Y'Shaarj, probably in the aftermath after being affected by the Sha. If Ra-Den in ToT truly is a watcher, or even this "fallen" Titan itself remains to be seen. But a LIVING Old God is definitely NOT beneath Pandaria. Though the last Sha is also yet to be revealed. (the 7 heads of Y'Shaarj, but only 6 Sha manifestations so far - Anger, Doubt, Fear, Despair, Hatred, Violence).

    Quote from WowPedia:

    When the Titans brought order to Azeroth, they slew a seven-headed Old God named Y'Shaarj. However, Y'shaarj's "last, terrible breath" cursed Pandaria with the shadowy aspects of the fallen Old God, the sha. For reasons unknown, the sha lay dormant within Pandaria for many thousands of years.[5]
    There are only six known 'main' sha, though there were seven heads of Y'Shaarj. This may mean that there is another sha somewhere. Dave Kosak said in an interview that "The seven heads of Y'Shaarj breathed out the ... Seven Burdens, although that was from an early draft of the story, we really only see six sha in the game ... which have to do with the Burdens of Shaohao."
    Great, its called speculation.

    Also, in a 'But wait Theres Lore' interview with one of the devs (cory?), when asked about whether or not Y'Shaarj will appear in some way, he wasgy dodgy and didnt answer.

    However Blizzard can always backpeddle.

  12. #52
    I am Murloc! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Box
    Posts
    5,152
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Do you actually think all 81 of those Lei Shens use the same characters? Chinese is a character based writing system. You're complaining that multiple different names when romanized in pinyin look the same. I going to make a wild guess that none of those 81 people are actually named Thunder God.

    Did you know that the name "Bill" and the word "beer" are pronounced exactly the same in Japanese? Some Japanese person is probably complaining that Blizzard named one of their major holidays "Bill"-fest.
    Say whatever you want but i would celebrate Billfest. Sounds like much cooler holiday then Noble garden.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    LinkedIn is YOUR argument? Seriously? Try getting a valid source... if I search for Barack Obama I get 2 presidents of the USA. Surely THAT is a good source for tracking names which are completely real, right?

    And you're comparing the name of a deity from Eastern mythology to plain and common names with no special background.
    Yes, LinkedIn is a lil more serious than your Facebook/Myspace, that's where people with real life jobs are.

    Those 81 people are real, professionals with real jobs. Many live in the US. I don't know the ones in China, but I think most would be real as well.
    Last edited by killidan; 2013-01-27 at 09:06 PM.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Yes, LinkedIn is a lil more serious than your Facebook/Myspace, that's where people with real life jobs are. Of course, you wouldn't know that.

    Those 81 people are real, professionals with real jobs. Many live in the US. I don't know the ones in China, but I think most would be real as well.
    You're still missing the part where you show that they are also written the same way. In chinese, that is.

  15. #55
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,645
    If Lei Shen confirms anything, it confirms Garrosh will not be the final boss of MoP... alone. He'll be juiced up on sha power to be a more epic fight.
    Unsubscribed 3/10/2014 - 8/14/2014.
    "Times change."

    Beware the claims of yearly expansions. It's not more hype more often, it's paying more for less. Fewer tiers, no more new levels, no more new races/classes, but an ever-increasing price tag....

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    If Lei Shen confirms anything, it confirms Garrosh will not be the final boss of MoP... alone. He'll be juiced up on sha power to be a more epic fight.
    That was kind of obvious. A normal Garrosh and his Gorehowl as a final boss would be lamer than lamest.
    "I bring light where there is darkness. Hope where there is despair. Judgement where there is injustice. I AM PALADIN!"

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Yes, LinkedIn is a lil more serious than your Facebook/Myspace, that's where people with real life jobs are. Of course, you wouldn't know that.

    Those 81 people are real, professionals with real jobs. Many live in the US. I don't know the ones in China, but I think most would be real as well.
    The sign of a good argument is when it resorts to ad hominem attacks.
    Stormrage US Aetra Jaese Tolai

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    That was kind of obvious. A normal Garrosh and his Gorehowl as a final boss would be lamer than lamest.
    Well, depends on if he is the "last" boss or the last "boss".
    I would be perfectly satisfied if we just waltz in and steamroll all over him while he's in the middle of his bragging speech of how we'll never take im down.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    By the way....

    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Jaina/Proudmoore
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Arthas/Menethil

    LOL, the validity of that site is highly questionable.
    OK. That is interesting and all, but Arthas and Jaina have been around forever.

    How many of the 81 Lei Shen do you think conjured a fake LinkedIn account since Lei Shen in MOP was revealed? One? Two? I feel generous today, I will give you 5. Then there are 76 Lei Shen on LinkedIn. Big difference.

    My point remains it's a real name and it is akin to calling a wow boss Courtney Brown or Jason Miller.

    It doesn't have a place in a fantasy world.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 09:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    The sign of a good argument is when it resorts to ad hominem attacks.
    removed it. apologies.

  20. #60
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,732
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    OK. That is interesting and all, but Arthas and Jaina have been around forever.

    How many of the 81 Lei Shen do you think conjured a fake LinkedIn account since Lei Shen in MOP was revealed? One? Two? I feel generous today, I will give you 5. Then there are 76 Lei Shen on LinkedIn. Big difference.

    My point remains it's a real name and it is akin to calling a wow boss Courtney Brown or Jason Miller.

    It doesn't have a place in a fantasy world.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 09:11 PM ----------



    removed it. apologies.
    ...Have you really sparked this freaking debate over a name?

    We get it. You don't like Mists nor the new Raid.

    Whatever. We're done with this conversation. Get back to the topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •