Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

If this fight is a reflection on the Throne of Thunder..

I am thoroughly impressed.

The animations of Lei Shen, especially when he teleports to the epicenter of the arena and does that animation is just..astounding.

The particle effects for the lightning too, and his attacks, seem realistic and fucking awesome.

Videos I've seen of other fights are the same too.

What do you guys think? This fight makes the Throne of Thunder just feel like it has an amazing vibe to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Lei Shen is officailly the most badass villain in Warcraft. The stories around him are just awesome.. This guy thought of himself as the avatar of the titan and is doing his work. He was the one who united Pandaria long time ago when Pandaria was in chaotic state of wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Lei Shen is officailly the most badass villain in Warcraft. The stories around him are just awesome.. This guy thought of himself as the avatar of the titan and is doing his work. He was the one who united Pandaria long time ago when Pandaria was in chaotic state of wars.
    I dunno why but this fight reminds me of the Lich King, which is my favorite encounter in the game.

Granted his current state was augmented by the powers he stole, but it'd be quite impressive to see the kind of battles the Mogu fought against the Old Gods under the command of the Titans.

And still he is not the real end boss of the instance. Ra-Den is. Lei Shen defeated and imprisoned Ra-Den, so it would kind of weird if Ra-Den's encounter is harder than heroic Lei Shen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh noooo.... vid got blocked. Shame, cuz I really want to see it. Going by what the Dungeon Journal hints at, it's a Lich King worthy battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    And still he is not the real end boss of the instance. Ra-Den is. Lei Shen defeated and imprisoned Ra-Den, so it would kind of weird if Ra-Den's encounter is harder than heroic Lei Shen.
    Well, if it's anything like Sinestra, it'll have to be since you need to beat Heroic Lei Shen to access it. We have no idea what the encounter entails, so there could be any number of reasons why it's more difficult. Gameplay mechanics don't always accurately reflect story anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Granted his current state was augmented by the powers he stole, but it'd be quite impressive to see the kind of battles the Mogu fought against the Old Gods under the command of the Titans.
    Wait, the Mogu fought along side the Titans? where does the lore to support this come from? I always thought the Mogu were just another bunch of corrupted titan constructs, who happened to luck out and actually steal some titan facilities after the titans left.

Also, I thought that while it is known that the mogu "unified" the chaotic lands of pandaria in the very early days, it has always been understood to have been pretty much a rule through brutality, power and tyrrany. There is no lore i am aware of to support any kind of a "good" mogu rule.

The way he got the power of thunder may not have been heroic but the way young Lei Shen and his most loyal followers descended into the Thundering mountain with his intent to awaken the gods of Mogu but came back as the Thunder King is just cool imo.

Deleted
    And still he is not the real end boss of the instance.
    He is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Wait, the Mogu fought along side the Titans? where does the lore to support this come from? I always thought the Mogu were just another bunch of corrupted titan constructs, who happened to luck out and actually steal some titan facilities after the titans left.
    New lore in 5.2. The Mogu were the Titan's main army and they also apparently were the construction crew for world shaping.
    From Lorewalker Cho
    The Mogu were children as well. Children of the Titans. They were once a legion of stone. Heartless and obedient. By the Titan's command, they fought the terrible servants of the Old Gods. They shaped the mountains and carved the rivers of the land. And they created a magical cradle of life in a hidden valley that we now call The Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
    Also, I thought that while it is known that the mogu "unified" the chaotic lands of pandaria in the very early days, it has always been understood to have been pretty much a rule through brutality, power and tyrrany. There is no lore i am aware of to support any kind of a "good" mogu rule.
    It wasn't good at all. but it was orderly.
    The Mogu missed the mark their benevolent "parents" had been after.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post

Spoilers for 5.2:

The Mogu were made by the Titans to combat the Old Gods, and when the Titans left, were left in charge of defending/destroying a certain thing.

The Mogu, not knowing anything but what they saw the Titans do after they left, did what they thought was right: create life and govern it like the Titans did. However if you couldn't tell, it's a much more twisted version of it.

And that certain thing I mentioned, we have no idea what it is, but both Ra'den and Wrathion hint there's something dark and evil beneath Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    And that certain thing I mentioned, we have no idea what it is, but both Ra'den and Wrathion hint there's something dark and evil beneath Pandaria.
    We have an idea, since Y'shaarj most likely met his end in Pandaria.

It is aesthetically beautiful. Lightning Whip looks quite pretty.

If only they had given him a voice to match his epicness in lore, he sounds like a pandaren with a megaphone. If he had at least a decent voice he would take the badassness award from all Warcraft characters.

Deleted
    I am thoroughly impressed.

The animations of Lei Shen, especially when he teleports to the epicenter of the arena and does that animation is just..astounding.

The particle effects for the lightning too, and his attacks, seem realistic and fucking awesome.

Videos I've seen of other fights are the same too.

What do you guys think? This fight makes the Throne of Thunder just feel like it has an amazing vibe to it.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Lei-Shen-fight
    created the thread already
    but this fight is so amazing, i haven't seen anything better yet, really

Could be that they pulled it off like with Algalon, you could choose between doing Algalon or Yoggy last, and Yogg-Saron on full hardmode was the harder encounter. I sense that they're going the Sinestra way though.

Deleted
    The Mogu were made by the Titans to combat the Old Gods, and when the Titans left, were left in charge of defending/destroying a certain thing.

both Ra'den and Wrathion hint there's something dark and evil beneath Pandaria.
    I think i might have a theory on what they're here to protect/destroy/imprison

We have seen that the Mogu can master the powers of the Sha right?

Maybe the Mogu were kept on Pandaria to keep Y'Shaarj imprisoned, like the Titans kept Yogg-Sarron in Ulduar.
    And we all know that the Sha are part of Y'Shaarj himself, thus connecting to him.

Here's the deal: the Mogu can most likely only keep Y'Shaarj imprisoned as long as the Sha are, so they had to avoid negative emotions and violence, thus war.
    This is where their tyranny begins, enslaving the races of Pandaria so they can't fight eachother (Hozen vs Jinyu etc) and thus keep order in their empire so that they can live like Gods yet still furfill their duty.

And with the Sha powers weakened by the lack of negative emotions, they're easy to control.

Untill the Mogu where overthrown by the Pandaren, although the Pandaren Emperor managed to defeat the Sha.

Edit: This theory (if correct or close to it) can be the final puzzel piece Wrathion is talking about in the 5.2 audio.

And this could very well be the 'corruption' of Garrosh Hellscream, why?

Even after the Divine Bell was destroyed, Garrosh is still determined to master the Sha and finding out about the Mogu's succes with their Empire, and Blizzard stated that Garrosh will be doing some 'nasty things beneath Orgrimmar'.

Just maybe, Garrosh will find out about this theory I speculate about on the Mogu Empire. the Sha bringing succes an order in Garrosh's ideal of a Horde conquering all of Kalimdor (empire..), destroying his enemies by bringing them fear, slavery and empowering his Kor'Kron to have no fear by using the Sha.

These 'nasty things' could very well be Garrosh mastering the Sha, but not in a 'corrupted' way like this..http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...216&viewfull=1
    (scroll down to sha picture)

This Sha/Garrosh stuff might just be too much of a thing though..

Other option, Burning Legion.. although I find this unrealistic.. because this would dishonor his father Grom.
    Last edited by mmoc1cb88fe73b; 2013-01-26 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    Why the heck has EMI blocked this? Is there another video of the fight anywhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambooka View Post
    Why the heck has EMI blocked this? Is there another video of the fight anywhere?
    Copyright music probaly.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zambooka View Post

It's a bit low quality if you try it @ Full HD but it's a stream cut so meh. You can still sort of understand what's happening.