Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the end, no study published has proved that acupuncture is more efficient than nothing at all. I dare you to find any article on pubmed, medline, NEJM saying otherwise.
    Take a look on this abstract: Is acupuncture effective for the treatment of chronic pain: a systematic review (Structured abstract)

tinyurl . com / aruoxgx

Another one, search "PUBMED 279244" on google and read it
    Last edited by Intervir; 2013-01-29 at 06:09 PM. Reason: typo

Kinda off topic but people also go to acupuncture treatments just because they like the feel that it gives them for a few days/a week after the treatment. I know several (highly intelligent and successful) people who don't really care if acupuncture actually works or not, they just like the good feeling that they have after it and that is why they continue going to acupuncture treatments/paying for it.

Thoughts, conscious and subconscious, can effect the chemicals and hormones released by your brain. This can help explain why meditation combined with positive affirmations have helped me attain many things in my life. Maybe if you believe in the power of acupuncture to an extremely great extent your mind may take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Intervir View Post
    In the end, no study published has proved that acupuncture is more efficient than nothing at all. I dare you to find any article on pubmed, medline, NEJM saying otherwise.
    Take a look on this abstract: Is acupuncture effective for the treatment of chronic pain: a systematic review (Structured abstract)

tinyurl . com / aruoxgx

Another one, search "PUBMED 279244" on google and read it
    Studies have been published that sticking needles in people release Adenosine which is a pain relieving chemical. If the needles are stuck in without pain then...