Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Bloodsail Admiral Giants41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York, United States of America
    Posts
    1,067
    Oh boy Anonymous again. They always have some scary video that ends up being nothing.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 03:35 AM ----------

    Also the people who actually think Anonymous could have gotten America's codes for their Nuclear arsenal(which i doubt anonymous was referring to) greatly overestimate anonymous's capabilities and greatly underestimate the US governments security. And honestly if Anonymous released them, they would be the dumbest people on earth.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

  2. #42
    Warchief Hastings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Laniakea Supercluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Earth
    Posts
    2,194
    I liked the part in the video when they kept quoting and showing off War Games, fit well with the message.

    I whole-heartedly support the message they are pushing, but I have to wonder if the method they are using is correct.

    Adequate to get a response for sure, but appropriate for what message they push, not sure.

    Also, the music they are using is from Two Steps From Hell, I think, for the most part.
    Last edited by Hastings; 2013-01-26 at 08:42 AM.
    "Then we have found, as it seems, that the many beliefs of the many about what's fair and about the other things roll around somewhere between not-being and being purely and simply." - Plato: Republic

  3. #43
    Moderator Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    10,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    The thing is, focused-issue fights like this are all well and good, but they don't get to the root of the problem: over-involvement of government in everyday life, allowed by a public that is simply ignorant of their public servants' actions.
    What about the problems of individual people deciding that their personal interpretations and beliefs supersede the law of the land, which despite your griping is fully constitutional?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yondame View Post
    Try having a open mind for more then 30 seconds of yourl ife, you'd get the video and what Anonymous has done in the past.
    Do the technological equivalent of tearing down the CIA's posters and running away snickering?

  4. #44
    Field Marshal Ntimidate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fletz
    Posts
    84
    I remember seeing the stories about their "attacks" on websites a few months ago, but from what I read many were discrediting it because it was a DDoS attack or something along those lines (I have no idea about what they really do or how). Anyways, I was just wondering: is Anon is actually as badass as they make themselves out to be?

    I'm guessing no.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntimidate View Post
    I remember seeing the stories about their "attacks" on websites a few months ago, but from what I read many were discrediting it because it was a DDoS attack or something along those lines (I have no idea about what they really do or how). Anyways, I was just wondering: is Anon is actually as badass as they make themselves out to be?

    I'm guessing no.
    Go to the website and see for yourself
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

  6. #46
    Bloodsail Admiral Giants41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York, United States of America
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntimidate View Post
    I remember seeing the stories about their "attacks" on websites a few months ago, but from what I read many were discrediting it because it was a DDoS attack or something along those lines (I have no idea about what they really do or how). Anyways, I was just wondering: is Anon is actually as badass as they make themselves out to be?

    I'm guessing no.
    Lol! Not at all... They talk a big game with scary ominous videos but they don't do much. Anyone can claim they are with anonymous and do stuff under their name.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    What about the problems of individual people deciding that their personal interpretations and beliefs supersede the law of the land, which despite your griping is fully constitutional?
    The constitution was created to serve the people. When it no longer performs that role, it no longer serves it purpose and thus needs to be changed or scrapped.

  8. #48
    Field Marshal Ntimidate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fletz
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanamman View Post
    Go to the website and see for yourself
    It seemed like people were saying Anon pulled off simple methods and took down sites only for a few hours back when I first heard of them. I would imagine taking over a government website is not easy though.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Buhrag View Post
    The constitution was created to serve the people. When it no longer performs that role, it no longer serves it purpose and thus needs to be changed or scrapped.
    To put it more plainly: When the government starts to overstep its bounds or stops doing its duty, that's where the Second Amendment comes in.

  10. #50
    Stood in the Fire Dillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    What about the problems of individual people deciding that their personal interpretations and beliefs supersede the law of the land, which despite your griping is fully constitutional?
    Believing and deciding is perfectly fine because I don't believe in thought-crimes, but an action that violates law will inexorably be punished by the criminal justice system, whether unconstitutional or otherwise.
    I'm a gun-toting, Constitution clinging American atheist, in that order.

  11. #51
    Bloodsail Admiral Giants41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York, United States of America
    Posts
    1,067
    So if anyone here is bored, go to the video on youtube and read some comments. It's great
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

  12. #52
    Moderator Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    10,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Buhrag View Post
    The constitution was created to serve the people. When it no longer performs that role, it no longer serves it purpose and thus needs to be changed or scrapped.
    Blissful ignorance of the purpose of the constitution aside.... you're acting off of an extremely, extremely selective viewpoint in what is going "Wrong" or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    Believing and deciding is perfectly fine because I don't believe in thought-crimes, but an action that violates law will inexorably be punished by the criminal justice system, whether unconstitutional or otherwise.
    Did I ever mention thought crimes?

  13. #53
    This video explains why Anonymous hacked and defaced the United States Sentencing Commission(ussc.gov)

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntimidate View Post
    It seemed like people were saying Anon pulled off simple methods and took down sites only for a few hours back when I first heard of them. I would imagine taking over a government website is not easy though.
    Ya, they slowly grew. The site has been theirs for many hours now, and is still up and able to be loaded. Pretty good considering the government is probably working nonstop to get control back and it has taken at least 2 hours so far.
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

  15. #55
    Stood in the Fire Dillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Did I ever mention thought crimes?
    No, it was a statement I made on my own, rejecting the idea of them. You don't have to get pissy.
    I'm a gun-toting, Constitution clinging American atheist, in that order.

  16. #56
    'Taking over' ussc.gov is akin to stealing a STOP sign...

  17. #57
    Bloodsail Admiral Giants41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York, United States of America
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanamman View Post
    Ya, they slowly grew. The site has been theirs for many hours now, and is still up and able to be loaded. Pretty good considering the government is probably working nonstop to get control back and it has taken at least 2 hours so far.
    But this isn't getting a message out... You could poll 1000 random people and ask them what the USSC is and i bet 95% of them would have 0 idea. And even if some people knew would they ever go on the website? I can't think of one good reason to go on there... So the audience they are reaching is forum kids like us and reddit. Mainstream will find out if the media runs a story on this but i doubt it will get any national attention UNLESS they actually have the dirty details they claim to have and release them. But holding a website does nothing. Unless it's like facebook or google....

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 04:02 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    'Taking over' ussc.gov is akin to stealing a STOP sign...
    Exactly. More like one of those signs with the curvy road symbol. Most people don't know what it means,
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    But this isn't getting a message out... You could poll 1000 random people and ask them what the USSC is and i bet 95% of them would have 0 idea. And even if some people knew would they ever go on the website? I can't think of one good reason to go on there... So the audience they are reaching is forum kids like us and reddit. Mainstream will find out if the media runs a story on this but i doubt it will get any national attention UNLESS they actually have the dirty details they claim to have and release them. But holding a website does nothing. Unless it's like facebook or google....

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 04:02 AM ----------


    Exactly. More like one of those signs with the curvy road symbol. Most people don't know what it means,
    Taking down and controlling a government website isn't newsworthy? You must be joking to believe that.
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

  19. #59
    Bloodsail Admiral Giants41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York, United States of America
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanamman View Post
    Taking down and controlling a government website isn't newsworthy? You must be joking to believe that.
    Oh please. Do you really think the government is putting huge security behind some insignificant website? NO ONE VISITS IT EVER! I'd be impressed if Anonymous really has info on the government though.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Oh please. Do you really think the government is putting huge security behind some insignificant website? NO ONE VISITS IT EVER! I'd be impressed if Anonymous really has info on the government though.
    If they did, I'm sure the government would take them more seriously and prosecute up the butt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •