Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    So what is it that's being "quietly distributed to numerous mirrors". Cause their sentence structure implies it's the warhead. And I'm not entirely sure how a single warhead, that's supposedly primed and armed, can be distributed to multiple places.

Either way, they DID say they have a warhead primed. I mean, that's gotta count for something.
    It sounds very much like the "warhead" is a virus, and a destructive one at that

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    It seems to be part of the key to, or the actual file, of sensitive information that is being distributed.

The only thing I see to come of this will be more demands for restrictions on the internet, which will only make people like Anonymous more angry. I could see how this could end up backfiring.
    I definitely agree with the second part and it's a big fear. They're practically handing internet regulation on a platter over to the government with the shit they're pulling.

But I hope that sensitive info has something about the true motivations for going into Iraq and possibly documents to lay the 9/11 conspiracy theories to rest (or the opposite).

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 08:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    What the fuck is so wrong with the US that people release nuke codes?
    The US has been fucking with countries even after it's imperial streak ended when all other Western nations drew back. This has had the effect of foreign policy determining potentially stricter domestic policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

What the fuck is so wrong with the US that people release nuke codes?
    Seriously?!?! You can not be serious, so kudos to you sir with a clever joke indeed.

So much is wrong in the US at the moment.
    Not really, everyone has problems and we are on the way to hopefully making change, so what's wrong with that? Sometimes shit needs to hit rock bottom to change for the best.

I definitely agree with the second part and it's a big fear. They're practically handing internet regulation on a platter over to the government with the shit they're pulling.
    They're no better than the people they attack and complain about. Defacing someone else's property because you don't agree with them is the act of a child, not a mature adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthumii View Post
    They're no better than the people they attack and complain about. Defacing someone else's property because you don't agree with them is the act of a child, not a mature adult.
    I think that if you get past all the fluff and power trip, their intentions are sincere.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, after watching the video for a second time, I'll say my greatest concern is the government will act exactly as the hacktivists are rightly accusing them. Since this was done via illegal means, it only gives the government the best opportunity to further crush law-abiding citizen's rights, and if the people responsible are caught they will be made an example of by, you guessed it, excessive sentencing.

In spirit I support the message, just not the method.

On the other hand, there are some seriously draconian laws and sentencing guidelines, especially surrounding the realm of the non-physical (the virtual), such as illegal downloads and copyright "infringement" by not claiming credit, but simply downloading.

My intention is not to start a debate because that's simply not what this thread is about, but I couldn't agree with anyone who insisted there isn't some kind of legitimate cause behind the illegality of Anonymous' actions in this case.
    Last edited by Dillon; 2013-01-26 at 08:15 AM.

In spirit I support the message, just not the method.
    Agreed. If only there was some way to get the message across without the actions clearly speaking louder.

10+ Year Old Account
    This won't do anything, I'm all for all the changes they have requested but I think America is pretty serious with the "do not negotiate with terrorists" thing, and even though they said they don't expect to be negotiated with I assume that also means they won't accept Anonymous's demands. Which means it's only a matter of time before the information inside the file is released and we find out exactly what it is they have.

I don't think it's nuke codes or anything like that, seems like a metaphor. Although they did take the metaphor pretty far.

I agree, they bring their concern to the forefront, but in a way that will only make those they wish to change look down on them. At the same time you have to admit annon can't play ball in the the same game as the government using their rules. So they resort to other tactics, these same tactics have been used by many governments and countries for many hundreds of years. If you can't play fair, change the rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. If only there was some way to get the message across without the actions clearly speaking louder.
    Unfortunately I think this kind of thing is really the only way to get a message out there, although it won't make the government change their ways. I think what anonymous is hoping will happen from this video is that enough people will hear about it and the demands that they might start making those demands of their government, the proper way.

So what is it that's being "quietly distributed to numerous mirrors". Cause their sentence structure implies it's the warhead. And I'm not entirely sure how a single warhead, that's supposedly primed and armed, can be distributed to multiple places.

Either way, they DID say they have a warhead primed. I mean, that's gotta count for something.
    its just a terminology. All they have is classified information. There is no bomb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shall be interesting to have a look on this ''info''. anyways in general i do support anon.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Love how people think its an actual bomb. Or its a warhead.. or its got codes for warheads.... No its information gathered and placed in a "warhead" coded and will be released in parts to media and the public. And slowly done in a attempt to make the U.S. realize its secrets can no longer be hidden and kept secret and FORCE them into change...

Try having a open mind for more then 30 seconds of yourl ife, you'd get the video and what Anonymous has done in the past.
    How to play a mage - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-jHePE6m1Y
    How to play a mage 2.0 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP-Cmugn2rc
    How to play a mage 3.0 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni3hOGV372A&feature=PlayList&p=D7C1E1D70FB5E1C0&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext= 1

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Unfortunately I think this kind of thing is really the only way to get a message out there, although it won't make the government change their ways. I think what anonymous is hoping will happen from this video is that enough people will hear about it and the demands that they might start making those demands of their government, the proper way.
    I think we've had a few potential revolutions occur last year and in 2011. But they died down super quick. The American standard of living is too high for most people to give a crap when push comes to shove.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 08:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yondame View Post
    Try having a open mind for more then 30 seconds of yourl ife, you'd get the video and what Anonymous has done in the past.
    I'll admit the undertones completely eluded me while watching the video.

Well I guess eventually someone's gonna Nuke the US, now it's just a matter of time to see whether it's these crazies or the Korean crazies.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, focused-issue fights like this are all well and good, but they don't get to the root of the problem: over-involvement of government in everyday life, allowed by a public that is simply ignorant of their public servants' actions.

The thing is, focused-issue fights like this are all well and good, but they don't get to the root of the problem: over-involvement of government in everyday life, allowed by a public that is simply ignorant of their public servants' actions.
    True. I am very curious what type of information they actually have. We all know the government won't meet any of these demands and thus they will release their info. If they actually have some serious info and evidence of things that the public is not meant to know; they may be able to do some fairly serious damage to the US government.
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh. It'd be funny if they would actually release the nuke codes.