Angry Question about Raise Dead

I was just curious if anyone had an exact answer as to how the raise dead works. I've always used it when most of my cds/buffs and such are active. Meaning I pillar of frost, trinket procs, pot and whatever else I have before summoning my ghoul to "super charge him". Someone told me recently that they had been changed to actively scale with your strength/haste/during lust etc. meaning if i had already summoned my ghoul and my unholy strength proc'd my pet would get an additional strength boost for the duration of the buff even though he was summoned before the buff triggered.

I hope this makes sense. I play my DK very well and come close to logging all the time but its no lie that my brain got ninja'd and now im second guessing myself just because what he said sounded very believable. How I could have missed something like that baffles me but here I am hoping to see if perhaps i've been using my ability incorrectly all this time >.>

edit: I guess my question is this. To get the full bonus of my ghoul is it best to immediately summon him after pillar of frost regardless of anything else being popped/procc'd? I guess what I mean is if I pop my ghoul, after pillar of frost and lets say that i get an unholy strength proc and trinkets after it, the strength/haste will actively adjust to my current strength and stats and apply them to my ghoul. Does it result in more of a dps gain to use it on cd or should i use it on cd especially if i know my trinkets/procs are coming off of icd?

Also since i can't seem to find anything anywhere from blizzard about this could someone link where this is explained(how the know it) so i can verify? Thanks in advance for your help!
    Last edited by mink4i; 2013-01-26 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Thanks very much!

Yes, it scales dynamically with strength, haste, and crit. Its the same way with army.

Deleted
    It does scale dynamically, you should try to have as much uptime on raise dead as possible, it will always coincide with a pillar of frost providing PoF is used on cooldown too

As said above, it scales dynamically.

To get the most out of your ghoul, you should summon him and actually wait about 3 seconds before popping PoF because he takes a few seconds to get out of the ground. That way he's getting the most PoF uptime as well.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    To get the most out of your ghoul, you should summon him and actually wait about 3 seconds before popping PoF because he takes a few seconds to get out of the ground. That way he's getting the most PoF uptime as well.
    In addition to this, summoning your ghoul before you pop pillar gives you an extra gcd to spend on a damaging ability with pillar up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    As said above, it scales dynamically.

In reality you could wait longer, as the next PoF will be up before the ghoul expires... It doesn't really matter a huge deal when they are used, I tend to try to use ghoul and PoF as soon as I begin combat (so use raise dead slightly before the pull) and then on cooldown after that to get maximum uptime on both throughout the fight, the only slight stagger you'll get is if a frost rune isn't available as soon as PoF comes off cooldown but that can't really be helped...

Cast Ghoul during your pre pull after AoTD and potion and you should find it works itself out really. There was a post in this forum a while back showing the Ghoul wasn't actually scaling dynamically but was still snap shotting stats, this would be a bug though and not intended as all Guardians are now meant to scale dynamically.